Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
6.15%
13.85%
47.69%
16.92%
10.77%
1.54%
3.08%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-18, 09:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Deadpool 2 (Leitch, 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by dex14
Tag looks great.
I guess we're just different people. I just couldn't believe the sheer stupidity of its very premise after that trailer ended.
Old 05-17-18, 09:56 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Well it is true: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...69991660836834
Old 05-17-18, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dex14
I know it's true. They say so in the very trailer. Doesn't change my opinion on it in the least. The "Tide Pod challenge" was a genuinely true thing for a while early this year. Should Hollywood greenlight a wacky screenplay based on that as well?
Old 05-17-18, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I think I was the only one in my theater that got the "must have been written by some guy that can't draw feet" line.
The crowd in my theatre was great. That line got laughs and one or two claps. Y'know, the kind of overly loud clap that nerds/geeks make that is meant to announce to others, "I get that reference! I get that reference! I get it!"

Yeah, we had plenty of that lol.
Old 05-17-18, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Just got back and it was great!

Surprised they were able to keep the various cameos and Juggernaut a secret all the way through. The Vanisher is Brad Pitt - my audience loved it! The mid credit stinger was great, too.

I'm in love witH Domino, as well. - she's so fucking hot.
Old 05-17-18, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Fantastic from start to finish. Want to immediately see it again - I know there was so much I missed (though I caught a lot). LOVED everything with X-Force, Domino was outstanding and the credits scene will never be topped.
Old 05-17-18, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I liked it more than the first. Very funny and entertaining. Ryan Reynolds is simply gold as Deadpool.
Old 05-18-18, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked the first more, largely because I thought it was funnier throughout the entire movie. The first half of Deadpool 2 felt a little slow to me with Vanessa, Cable, and the kid. Once X-Force is formed, the movie really picks up and gets going all the way to the end.

I was wondering if they were going to top the tiny hand from the first movie, and the baby legs, while predictable, was absolutely amazing. Loved the really little jokes, like Deadpool continuing to whisper/say/yell X-Force with Domino or the way him and Yukio would say hi.
Old 05-18-18, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The actual X-Men cameo got huge laughs. So much for Black Tom Cassidy, though.
Old 05-18-18, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved it! My only gripe is that I wish the Juggernaut/Colossus fight was better. I know they were CG but it didn't look good. Also, are they continuing on that Juggs is a mutant? He was in that mutant prison. Just wish they clarified that he's not a mutant.
Old 05-18-18, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I liked the first more, largely because I thought it was funnier throughout the entire movie. The first half of Deadpool 2 felt a little slow to me with Vanessa, Cable, and the kid. Once X-Force is formed, the movie really picks up and gets going all the way to the end.

I was wondering if they were going to top the tiny hand from the first movie, and the baby legs, while predictable, was absolutely amazing. Loved the really little jokes, like Deadpool continuing to whisper/say/yell X-Force with Domino or the way him and Yukio would say hi.
That Yukio stuff was god damn hilarious!
Old 05-18-18, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
Also, are they continuing on that Juggs is a mutant? He was in that mutant prison. Just wish they clarified that he's not a mutant.
Wade isn't a mutant either, at least not in the comics.
Old 05-18-18, 06:45 AM

The sun's getting real low.
Old 05-18-18, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Caught this last night. I don't typically go to the preview screenings anymore, but I knew this would be one worth seeing with people who would get most of the jokes, so I did. It was worth it, as the audience was really into it. I do agree that the first one was better overall, but this one was still entertaining and funny where it counted. The only real gripe I had was at the end where Deadpool decides to go full on hero. There's no way he would have tried to stop Fire Fist. In fact, he would have egged on his actions. Also, while not really an issue with me,I felt a lot of the jokes in this movie were a bit too inside for most mainstream audiences to get. I enjoyed them, but I could tell even my audience full of a geekier crowd didn't fully understand all of it. And yes, best end credits ever.
Old 05-18-18, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Black Black Widow.
A line made even better considering Reynold's ex-wife.
Old 05-18-18, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I freaking loved it... though I have to watch this again soon. Because I missed the x-men part because my daughter ask me for the popcorn and I turned to her and back and freaking missed it. lol
Old 05-18-18, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

A great non-comic reference that I’m curious if anybody else caught — when DeadPool was literally drawing up their plan, Russell was labeled as “Prisoner 24601”. (Jean ValJean from Les Miserables ... played by Hugh Jackman in the movie!)

The Black Tom/racism stuff was great!
Old 05-18-18, 10:26 AM

Ryan Reynolds and 20th Century Fox's summer event pic Deadpool 2 rocketed to a huge $18.6 million in Thursday-night previews from 3,785 theaters, a record for an R-rated pic.

The previous record holder was It ($13.5 million). Prior to It, the first Deadpool had boasted the top preview gross for an R-rated film ($12.7 million). Deadpool, opening in February 2016, went on to debut to a massive $132.4 million, the best launch ever for an R-rated film.
Old 05-18-18, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
A great non-comic reference that I’m curious if anybody else caught — when DeadPool was literally drawing up their plan, Russell was labeled as “Prisoner 24601”. (Jean ValJean from Les Miserables ... played by Hugh Jackman in the movie!)

The Black Tom/racism stuff was great!
The roasting of Logan/Jackman throughout was awesome. Even using the Logan death scene music in this one.
Old 05-18-18, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Caught this last night. I don't typically go to the preview screenings anymore, but I knew this would be one worth seeing with people who would get most of the jokes, so I did. It was worth it, as the audience was really into it. I do agree that the first one was better overall, but this one was still entertaining and funny where it counted. The only real gripe I had was at the end where Deadpool decides to go full on hero. There's no way he would have tried to stop Fire Fist. In fact, he would have egged on his actions. Also, while not really an issue with me,I felt a lot of the jokes in this movie were a bit too inside for most mainstream audiences to get. I enjoyed them, but I could tell even my audience full of a geekier crowd didn't fully understand all of it. And yes, best end credits ever.
I think they did a decent job of making it clear that Wade suffered abuse too which is why he was willing to help the kid. He helped that girl in the first one who was being stalked too (even though he was paid for it).
Old 05-18-18, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck
Welp. I didnt expect to see most of X-force killed I mean Shatterstar? Damn!
Shatterstar is a stupid 90s Liefeld character and got exactly the treatment that he deserved.
Old 05-18-18, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck
Welp. I didnt expect to see most of X-force killed I mean Shatterstar? Damn!
The marketing of Deadpool 2 has been ripe with the introduction of X-Force. Conceived back in 1991, in a nutshell, X-Force is a lot like X-Men, but considered maybe a little more aggressive in how they go about things than the X-Men were. It’s more complicated than that, but that’s why we used the word “nutshell.”

If you’ve watched the trailers for Deadpool 2, you’ve seen the X-Force in action. There’s Terry Crews’ Bedlam in a huge battle while all the other members of X-Force are doing their thing. It’s pretty apparent that X-Force plays a huge role in Deadpool 2!

[Again, spoilers ahead. Also, why are you still here if you don’t want to read spoilers?]

Nope. They tricked you.

“I loved the idea of fucking with the audience through Deadpool’s lens,” says director David Leitch.

Co-writer Rhett Reese explains, “One of the things we did, we asked the actors if they’d be willing to shoot extra footage – that indicated they were in more of the movie than we were actually going to use them in. So, Terry Crews and Bill Skarsgård and these guys all went out back in front of a green screen and did a bunch of fighting with stuntmen. And you see it in trailers. You see Bedlam kicking ass. They all stayed an extra half day to do that. It was awesome.“

“When they came to set we shot additional material that we knew we were just going to put in trailers that would never be in the movie,” adds Leitch. “It was all about playing a prank like only Deadpool would do. Ryan is reaching out from the screen and tickling you.”

How far were they willing to take it? Pretty far, until the studio asked them to pump the brakes.

Co-writer Paul Wernick explains, “At one point marketing was going to make posters and standees. It’s a fun mislead, but we can’t take it too far. The audience will be so mad.“

Reese adds, “I think they finally blinked and got nervous.”

If you’ve seen the film, you know by now that after Deadpool has an elaborate interview process to form his X-Force team … almost the whole team immediately dies on their initial parachute jump into action due to “high winds.” It’s a great joke, but, yes, there will be people who are probably a little bit upset they didn’t get see more of a character like Shatterstar.

“When Rob Liefeld found out we were killing Shatterstar he was like, ‘What? What?!,’” says Wernick of the Deadpool co-creator.

“He handled it well, actually. Well, once he found out there was a time machine that could possibly resurrect Shatterstar he felt better,” says Reese.

And don’t forget, this is the world of Deadpool, where pretty much anything is possible and Deadpool now owns a time machine.

Director David Leitch has encouraging words for all the Shatterstar fans out there, “And that’s why you can say to fans, or whoever reads it who are upset that Shatterstar is dead: they can bring him back. He’s from outer space, they kept his blood and they regenerated him. They’ll figure it out. It’s just lazy writing, that’s all you need.”
https://uproxx.com/movies/deadpool-2...rick-spoilers/
Old 05-18-18, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't really know any of the other characters they were talking about for X-Force in the trailers, but I knew Shatterstar and definitely didn't expect him to go out like that
Old 05-18-18, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The music cues towards the big fight at the end said "Holy Shit Balls." That was hysterical.
Old 05-18-18, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The music cues towards the big fight at the end said "Holy Shit Balls." That was hysterical.
It's the Juggernaut theme. It also plays at the very end of the credits

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.