DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Hypothetical: If you could only see ONE MOVIE, would it be AVENGERS 4 or STAR WARS IX (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/643863-hypothetical-if-you-could-only-see-one-movie-would-avengers-4-star-wars-ix.html)

jeffkjoe 04-28-18 02:00 PM

Hypothetical: If you could only see ONE MOVIE, would it be AVENGERS 4 or STAR WARS IX

Hypothetical:

Two screening rooms, one showing AVENGERS 4 and one showing STAR WARS IX.

You only have one admissions ticket, and can only watch one and can never know what happens in the other.

Which would you choose?

dex14 04-28-18 02:06 PM

Re: Hypothetical: If you could only see ONE MOVIE, would it be AVENGERS 4 or STAR WAR

At this point... Avengers.

TLJ didn't leave me wanting more when it ended.

E Unit 04-28-18 02:10 PM

Re: Hypothetical: If you could only see ONE MOVIE, would it be AVENGERS 4 or STAR WAR

Yeah, Marvel has filled a childhood void where the Star Wars prequels and sequels have left a whole lot to be desired.

Mondo Kane 04-28-18 02:20 PM

A4

I’m completely done with Star Wars.

Brack 04-28-18 02:22 PM

Neither. Disney has no faith in their franchise films, with A4 or Ep9 by having a similar/exact day release. Both films are going to suck.

I don’t think I did this right, oh well.

Trevor 04-28-18 02:30 PM

Marvel has done no wrong for over a decade, and Star Wars has had nothing great for almost four decades, so easy choice.

Decker 04-28-18 02:32 PM

There may be some recency bias but I'm more invested in the outcomes of the MCU characters than the remaining ones in the Star Wars saga. And I'm someone who really liked TLJ. Those who hated it must feel much more strongly about that.

stvn1974 04-28-18 02:35 PM

I haven't seen the last 15 Marvel movies. I don't plan on seeing The Avengers either so Star Wars for the win.

story 04-28-18 02:40 PM

Star Wars. Always and forever Star Wars.

Abob Teff 04-28-18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13320510)
There may be some recency bias but I'm more invested in the outcomes of the MCU characters than the remaining ones in the Star Wars saga. And I'm someone who really liked TLJ. Those who hated it must feel much more strongly about that.

I grew up with Star Wars in my blood. It pains me, but I agree with all ^that.

Goldberg74 04-28-18 02:51 PM

#MakeMineMarvel

Bluelitespecial 04-28-18 04:39 PM

I’ve only seen The first Avengers and Iron Man out of the MCU movies, but to answer your question Avengers 4. It hurts to say that.

DthRdrX 04-28-18 04:47 PM

Marvel, and that's from a die hard SW guy.

I'm looking forward to AntMan and the Wasp more than Solo as well.

Josh-da-man 04-28-18 05:08 PM

Avengers IV.

Easy choice. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson effectively killed my interest in Star Wars IX with that abortion that was called The Last Jedi.

At this point, I don't even know if I'll see IX in the theater. Johnson left a godawful mess, and I don't think Abrams is the guy to clean it up, and I don't think Kennedy would let anyone else clean it up either, as this seems to be the direction she wants to take the saga.

Mabuse 04-28-18 05:10 PM

I haven't even seen avengers 2 or 3.

I didn't see 2 because most here didn't like it. Now you all love marvel?

mattysemo247 04-28-18 05:18 PM

After The Last Jedi, I would rather see ANY new Marvel movie than the next Star Wars movie.

Supermallet 04-28-18 05:31 PM

Star Wars. It’s inherently more interesting to me than Marvel. I’m going to see Infinity War next weekend but I’m not actually excited about it. There have been great Marvel movies but they aren’t going the distance for me the way Star Wars has.

fumanstan 04-28-18 05:34 PM

Avengers easily, but i've always been a fan of Marvel Comics and Star Wars has never been a particularly big deal to me.

Trevor 04-28-18 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mabuse (Post 13320573)
I haven't even seen avengers 2 or 3.

I didn't see 2 because most here didn't like it. Now you all love marvel?

?? It may be one of the weaker MCU films, but 80% of us loved it, most of the rest liked it, only about 4% of us didn’t like it.

fumanstan 04-28-18 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13320587)
?? It may be one of the weaker MCU films, but 80% of us loved it, most of the rest liked it, only about 4% of us didn’t like it.

Yeah, weird perception. "Now you all love marvel?" doesn't even make sense given all the movies have been well received and the last string of movies in particular have been rated incredibly high, like Civil War, Black Panther, and Thor Ragnarok.

Mountain Biker 04-28-18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13320572)
Avengers IV.

Easy choice. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson effectively killed my interest in Star Wars IX with that abortion that was called The Last Jedi.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

A4, eaaaaasily

GoldenJCJ 04-28-18 06:58 PM

Star Wars!

I’m experiencing Marvel burnout. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 marked the first Marvel movie I missed in the theater and haven’t seen one theatrically since (I do blind buy the Blu-rays when released, I’m not a monster!)

Michael T Hudson 04-28-18 07:24 PM

Star Wars

Deftones 04-28-18 08:35 PM

Easily A4. No question about it. Way more invested in those characters and universe than anything SW currently done now or in the past.

mike7162 04-28-18 11:25 PM

Avengers. I have nothing invested in the Star Wars films but mild curiosity these days.