Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Annabelle Comes Home (2019, D: Dauberman) S: McKenna Grace, Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Annabelle Comes Home (2019, D: Dauberman) S: McKenna Grace, Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga

Old 04-27-18, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

'Annabelle: Creation' Sequel in the Works With Gary Dauberman Directing (Exclusive)

Gary Dauberman, the writer behind the Annabelle movies, will make his directorial debut with an untitled Annabelle project, the newest installment of New Lineís horror franchise based on The Conjuring cinematic universe.

The project, which Dauberman is also writing, will once again be produced by James Wanís Atomic Monster and the Peter Safran Company, the banners that produce what has become a billion-dollar horror franchise and among the most profitable movies ever made.

Details are kept secret but the story will once again focus on the porcelain doll that is possessed by a demonic force.

John R. Leonetti directed the first movie, initially a spin-off from Conjuring, while David F. Sandberg, who is now helming Shazam!, directed the prequel, Annabelle: Creation. After the prequel was a hit, it was apparent that New Line had another franchise on its hands.

The new Annabelle installment is on the fast track for New Line, which has set the filmís release for July 3, 2019.

Dauberman has been a key player in the Conjuring universe. In addition to penning both Annabelle and Creation ($257 million and $306.5 million worldwide with $5 million and $15 million budgets, respectively), he also wrote The Nun, the latest entry that New Line opens September 7.

Dauberman also worked on It, New Lineís surprise smash hit adapting the Stephen King novel, and is working on the follow-up, It: Chapter 2. Among other projects, he is also writing and producing a big-screen take of the horror anthology series Are You Afraid of the Dark for Paramount.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ecting-1106622
Old 04-27-18, 08:12 PM
Banned by request

re: Annabelle Comes Home (2019, D: Dauberman) S: McKenna Grace, Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga

Annabelle 3?! God I hate the world sometimes.
Old 04-27-18, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Annabelle Comes Home (2019, D: Dauberman) S: McKenna Grace, Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga

Although I hated the first one, I actually enjoyed the sequel...
Old 04-27-18, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First one was stupid and very forgettable. 2nd I never bothered with. 3rd I could give a rats ass.
Old 04-27-18, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Haven't seen either but I've heard the second is alright. I'll probably get around to them someday.
Old 04-28-18, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No, thanks. I hated the 2nd one. It made the 1st one look like horror masterpiece. Maybe the dumbest horror movie I've seen in years. All nonsensical scares over any kind of actual thought. An embarrassment to the Conjuring movies.
Old 07-19-18, 08:45 AM

A new Annabelle movie is on the way, and will see the devilish doll bringing the other artifacts in the Warrens' collection to life and terrorizing their daughter, Judy Warren. Annabelle 3 (not the official title) was announced during the ScareDiego preview event at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, with director Gary Dauberman and producer James Wan on the scene to tease the next terrifying chapter in The Conjuring's offshoot franchise.

After her story was first touched upon briefly in The Conjuring, Annabelle's creepy appeal earned her a spinoff movie in 2014, which was followed by Annabelle: Creation in 2017. So far the movie's have been going back in time, with the first showing Annabelle's recent escapades before joining the supernatural collection of ghost-hunting couple Ed and Lorraine Warren, and Creation revealing the dolls origins and setting up the events of the first movie. However, Annabelle 3 will finally move forward in time and explore Annabelle's antics while in the custody of the Warrens.

According to the panel, the movie will be set shortly before the events of The Conjuring, showing what happened when the Warrens first brought the doll back and stashed her in their occult museum.
In their careers as supernatural investigators, Ed and Lorraine have amassed a collection of cursed objects that they keep locked up together in a room in their house (which is really just asking for trouble), and the third movie will see the demon that possesses the Annabelle doll bringing the other artifacts to life, Night at the Museum style. While that might sound like fun, the results are probably going to be pretty terrifying.

The Conjuring was a massive hit upon its release in 2013, grossing $319 million worldwide with a modest production budget of $20 million, and from that initial success New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. have been building an entire cinematic universe of Conjuring movies. Also showcased at ScareDiego this year was The Nun, which is out later this year and will reveal the origins of the horrific demon nun who was introduced in The Conjuring 2 and seen again in Annabelle: Creation's post-credits scene.

Like the other stories in the Conjuring universe, the Annabelle movies are loosely based on the real case files of the Warrens, and there is actually a real version of the doll who still lives in the Warrens' occult museum. Whether or not the doll was ever actually possessed by a demon is considerably less certain, but at least her story has served up some pretty scary movies.
https://screenrant.com/annabelle-3-movie-announced/
Old 07-20-18, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, enough already! The first was just o.k. The second one sucked. I'm so sick of these "Insidious"/"Conjuring" movies and their sequels/spin offs. I loved the first "Insidious". Thought it was one of the scariest movies in recent years. All the sequels were either terrible ("Chapter 2") or "meh". The first "Conjuring" was really good, but not great IMO. Decent thriller but not really scary. It's sequel was 10 x better. And way more effective. Unsure about "The Nun". It's teaser trailer was extremely underwhelming. But we'll see. One thing's for sure, we'll get at least two more sequels out of it.
Old 07-21-18, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think this universe has exquisite storytelling. Good scares. The climaxes tend to be the weakest points. I remember being let down when The Conjuring ended with a non special exorcism after such good lead up.

Insidious is still fun but the trajectory is almost identical to Nightmare on Elm Street. Itís getting more and more fun and silly.
Old 09-28-18, 06:42 PM

EXCLUSIVE: The upcoming Annabelle sequel has set Captain Marvel and Gifted star Mckenna Grace as one of its leads.

Child star Grace will play Judy, the Warrens’ young daughter who becomes a target of the demonic doll, Annabelle. I understand the movie will also turn on the experiences of Judy’s two teenage babysitters.

The third installment in the lucrative New Line horror franchise is gearing up to shoot next month with additional casting coming together now. The project remains untitled.

Gary Dauberman, known for his scripts for the It franchise and The Nun, wrote the screenplay and will make his directorial debut. Horror supremos James Wan (for Atomic Monster) and Peter Safran (for The Safran Company) are producing. Michael Clear is executive producer. Dauberman, Wan, Safran and Clear all worked together on The Nun, which has crossed $300M global so far.

During Comic-Con’s ScareDiego event, Dauberman said of the latest Annabelle installment, ‘It really picks up with the Warrens bringing Annabelle to the place where it can really no longer wreak havoc, which is their artifact room. But, of course, it turns out she can also wreak havoc there.” “It’s basically Night At The Museum with Annabelle!” added Wan at the time.

This will be the sixth film in The Conjuring Universe, which has grossed more than $1.5B worldwide. No word yet on whether Conjuring 2 stars Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson, who played the Warren parents, are aboard. Pic is due for release on July 3, 2019.

Grace is on a tear. After Gifted, I, Tonya, The Bad Seed and Designated Survivor, she is starring in Netflix’s The Haunting Of Hill House, Disney’s Captain Marvel (she plays the young Carol Danvers), indie pic Troupe Zero alongside Viola Davis and Allison Janney, and she is recurring on Young Sheldon.

She is repped by Paradigm, Management 360 and attorney Stuart Brookman.
https://deadline.com/2018/09/annabel...el-1202472829/
Old 09-28-18, 09:18 PM

I love the Conjuring Universe. Bring it.
Old 09-29-18, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been a big supporter of the Insidious/Conjuring/Annabelle movies. But they are really starting to wear out their welcome for me. It's been awhile since I've really enjoyed one of them.
Old 09-30-18, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved The Conjuring. I hated Annabelle. My favourite in series is The Conjuring 2. I loved Annabelle: Creation. I was indifferent to The Nun. I'm cautiously optimistic about Annabelle 3 - I'm interested to see if Dauberman has the talent to elevate his passable writing. Can't be worse than Leonetti right?
Old 09-30-18, 07:48 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Originally Posted by mdc3000 View Post
I loved The Conjuring. I hated Annabelle. My favourite in series is The Conjuring 2. I loved Annabelle: Creation. I was indifferent to The Nun. I'm cautiously optimistic about Annabelle 3 - I'm interested to see if Dauberman has the talent to elevate his passable writing. Can't be worse than Leonetti right?
C2 really surprised me as well. I really liked 1 and though took a bit to get going, really enjoyed C2. Never saw any Annabelleís or Nun...
Old 10-01-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
C2 really surprised me as well. I really liked 1 and though took a bit to get going, really enjoyed C2. Never saw any Annabelleís or Nun...
Annabelle 1 is awful, Annabelle: Creation is awesome, The Nun sucked.
Old 10-02-18, 08:17 AM

Madison Iseman, one of the young stars of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, has nabbed a lead role in New Line’s latest Annabelle movie project.

Iseman will star in the as-yet untitled third installment of the popular horror franchise, itself a spinoff from the Conjuring films, opposite McKenna Grace, who portrayed a young Tonya Harding in I, Tonya.

Gary Dauberman, who wrote the two previous Annabelle installments, penned the latest chapter and also will make his directorial debut on the pic. The project is set to begin shooting later this month, and New Line has set July 3, 2019, as a release date.

James Wan is producing via his Atomic Monster banner along with Peter Safran of The Safran Company. Atomic Monster’s Michael Clear will executive produce.

The script once again centers on the demonically possessed doll, this time as she is placed by paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren in a location where they believe she can no longer wreak havoc: their Artifacts Room. (Boy, are they going to be wrong.)

Grace will play the Warrens’ daughter, while Iseman will play the babysitter, both of whom have to deal with terror as, in Night at the Museum fashion, the Artifacts Room comes alive thanks to Annabelle’s instigation. (Told you they were going to be wrong.)

It is unclear at this stage whether Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, who portrayed the Warrens in the Conjuring movies, will make an appearance in the new Annabelle feature.

The project will be the sixth movie in New Line’s horror franchise known as The Conjuring Universe and spun out of the 2013 original pic. The franchise has grossed over $1.68 billion worldwide and the most recent outing, The Nun, just became the highest-grossing entry yet, topping $330 million.

In 2017's Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Iseman played Bethany, the vain social media-addicted popular girl who learns a few lessons when she is later turned into the avatar played by Jack Black in the Jumanji world. The actress next stars in Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, which is set to open Oct. 12, and also will appear in the indies The F* It List and Riot Girls.

Iseman is repped by Paradigm, Zero Gravity Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...cebook_2018101
Old 10-16-18, 02:24 PM

Wilson and Vermiga will be in this:
https://deadline.com/2018/10/annabel...ns-1202483984/
Old 10-17-18, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Annabelle 1 is awful, Annabelle: Creation is awesome, The Nun sucked.
Thanks! Off to see The Nun
Old 10-17-18, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ No, for real, it's awful.
Old 03-15-19, 05:35 PM

Re: Annabelle Comes Home (2019, D: Dauberman) S: McKenna Grace, Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga

Old 03-15-19, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Annabelle Comes Home (2019, D: Dauberman) S: McKenna Grace, Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga

I thought Annabelle was really good, I didn't like the sequel. I thought The Nun was shit. I'll see this as I'll give most horror released theatrically a chance, but this franchise is close to going completely off the rails.
Old 03-30-19, 07:44 PM

Old 05-16-19, 11:49 AM