Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
26.56%
41.41%
21.88%
5.47%
4.69%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 08-14-18, 12:56 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

See! I knew Scarlett Witch dropped her accent.

<iframe width="684" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fZ28gGCa_jI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-18-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts
Re: Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

I finally got around to wantching this last night. With the exception of guessing that Gamora eats it, I remained mostly spoiler free. After seeing all the memes online of grown men curled up in a fetal position crying after watching this movie I was expecting it to be a kick in the gut. Seeing my Bucky and Peter go were the two sad ones and even that wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Maybe I would have lost it if Cap or Tony Stark had bitten the dust.

This is also the first time that I noticed a lot of these actors are really starting to show their age. RDJ, Don Cheadle, and Scarlet Johansson all seemed to be looking just a little worn out. Luckily Elizabeth Olson is still looking pretty good, as she was smoking in her scenes.

I couldn’t help notice the world of difference in the CGI baddies Thanos and Steppenwolff from JL. How Thanos can look so good and Steppenwolf can look so completely shitty is beyond me.

All-in-all one of the better Marvel flicks and I’d even say it was better than Most Popular Oscar winner Black Panther.
Old 08-18-18, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I couldn’t help notice the world of difference in the CGI baddies Thanos and Steppenwolff from JL. How Thanos can look so good and Steppenwolf can look so completely shitty is beyond me.
Cause he's a shitty looking character?
Old 08-18-18, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jon2
Cause he's a shitty looking character?
The character of Steppenwolf is no shittier looking than Thanos yet they made Thanos look like an actual living being while Steppenwolf looked like a waxy, plastic pile of crap.
Old 08-18-18, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I finally got around to wantching this last night. With the exception of guessing that Gamora eats it, I remained mostly spoiler free.
I don't know how you managed to remain spoiler free for almost 4 months on the biggest comic movie of 2018. Talk has died down now, but this was heavily talked about in late April and most of May.

Is it because of your kids that you absolutely just couldn't make it to the theater back in April? I would have lost my mind waiting so long.
Old 08-18-18, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
Is it because of your kids that you absolutely just couldn't make it to the theater back in April? I would have lost my mind waiting so long.
Yep. We have two kiddos under 4 years old. Before kids, me and my wife would go to the movies weekly and see pretty much everything at the theater. Summer movie season is always hard for me now since I have to wait until they’re released on Blu-ray.

I tend to avoid spoilers for movies in most cases anyway but if it’s a movie I really think could be ruined from spoilers I take extra precautions. Sometimes it’s impossible to avoid (the Gamora spoiler was seen in a completely unrelated thread) but I do my best.
Old 08-18-18, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
See! I knew Scarlett Witch dropped her accent.
@ "the Halle Berry arc"
Old 08-19-18, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Yep. We have two kiddos under 4 years old. Before kids, me and my wife would go to the movies weekly and see pretty much everything at the theater. Summer movie season is always hard for me now since I have to wait until they’re released on Blu-ray.

I tend to avoid spoilers for movies in most cases anyway but if it’s a movie I really think could be ruined from spoilers I take extra precautions. Sometimes it’s impossible to avoid (the Gamora spoiler was seen in a completely unrelated thread) but I do my best.
I'm in the same boat as you. 2 kids under 4, very rarely go out on the town without them. When my wife and I do get out, it's not to go watch a movie. Generally something more interactive where we can actually talk to each other for more than 2 minutes without being interrupted.

Any time I saw a headline or post that talked about the movie, I skipped right over it. This was the only movie that I had to tell people at work to let me leave first before discussing. The only thing I knew going into it was that Spiderman died.
Old 09-03-18, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Finally Red Boxed this and Enjoyed it. Didn't cry at the end like others but that's just me, I'm grown. Just Kidding. To be honest, by the end of this movie I felt the same way about Thanos as i did with The Empire in Star Wars...Good Idea, fucked up Methods. But unlike the Elites in the real world like Bill Gates and others who target poor populations..at least Thanos was more balanced.

I will say that the SFX Team deserves an OSCAR and so does Brolin. Totally believed Thanos and any CGI shittieness was easy to ignore. Contrast that with the what are they called? Black Order? Their CGI was Meh, easy to get taken out of the film when they were on. It was, dare I say..."Steppenwolf Level CGI"

Also, Brolin giving Thanos a slightly Red Neck tone was very interesting too. some of Brolin's line deliveries as Thanos felt like they were from a Shakespearean version of "Jonah Hex". But I was cool with it.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-03-18 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-03-18, 04:09 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

yeah, I didn't get too upset... the Peter/Tony scene was very touching, but knowing that the majority of these people, if not all, will return negated any impact their deaths had on me.

now, part 2..., <deep breath>... I am going to lose my shit if Tony, Cap, or Thor die.
Old 09-03-18, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
But unlike the Elites in the real world like Bill Gates and others who target poor populations..at least Thanos was more balanced.
Wait, are you saying Bill Gates is like Thanos? What am I missing here.
Old 09-04-18, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Wait, are you saying Bill Gates is like Thanos? What am I missing here.
It was a bit of a joke. People believe Gates and other World Elites are out to "Thanos" the real world with things like "killer vaccines" and other methods to kill people in poor nations.
Old 09-05-18, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It was a bit of a joke. People believe Gates and other World Elites are out to "Thanos" the real world with things like "killer vaccines" and other methods to kill people in poor nations.
Weird, never heard that was a thing before. Idiots.
Old 09-05-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Some people have been watching too much Utopia.

Last edited by RichC2; 09-05-18 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-05-18, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Weird, never heard that was a thing before. Idiots.
Yeah it's a Conspiracy Theory that seems to run on Right Wing and Left extreme circles and with the Anti-Vaccine folks.

Snopes has debunct it

On 21 January 2016, dubious news and conspiracy theory site YourNewsWire dot com published a story with the headline “Bill Gates Admits ‘Vaccines Are Best Way To Depopulate’”. The article opens with a damning claim:

Bill Gates has openly admitted that vaccinations are designed so that governments can depopulate the world.

To support this claim, the site presented a February 2011 clip of Bill Gates being interviewed by CNN’s Sanjay Gupta about his foundation’s vaccination efforts:

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Ten billion dollars over the next 10 years to make it “the year of the vaccines.” What does that mean exactly?

Bill Gates: Over this decade, we believe unbelievable progress can be made, in both inventing new vaccines and making sure they get out to all the children who need them. […] we only need about six or seven more — and then you would have all the tools to reduce childhood death, reduce population growth, and everything — the stability, the environment — benefits from that.
Old 09-05-18, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
now, part 2..., <deep breath>... I am going to lose my shit if Tony, Cap, or Thor die.
Yeah, with those actors being out of contract and not wanting to do any more, they might very well get the axe. Though, like the comics, their mantle can easily get passed on to someone else.
I think it's now more likely that Drax stays dead as well...
Old 09-05-18, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

No reason to kill everyone. They can sunset characters like Tony Stark and then bring the house down in 10 years when old RDJ flies in to rescue someone.
Old 09-05-18, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Voted 3.5 Stars.

Avengers: Infinity Wars...aka My Thoughts by Thanos.

Watched the 4K a couple of weeks ago.
Not quite up there with the first 2.
IMO, too much focus on The Big Bad.
Kinda strange in that regard.
Anyway, worth a watch.
Doubt I'll remember much in a couple more weeks.
Old 09-29-18, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

I just watched the movie for the very first time. Thought it was great! I do have a question...

Spoiler:
At the very end of the film after the credits, who was Nick Fury trying to call or get ahold of before he "died?"?
Old 09-29-18, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I just watched the movie for the very first time. Thought it was great! I do have a question...

Spoiler:
At the very end of the film after the credits, who was Nick Fury trying to call or get ahold of before he "died?"?
Captain Marvel
Old 09-29-18, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos

Spoiler:
Her:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/05/cap...r-brie-larson/
Old 09-30-18, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Thank you guys.
Old 08-19-19, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Lara Means
This was definitely included in the trailer to either throw the audience off or there were some serious changes to the final act of the movie.
So, listened to the commentary track on Endgame and it explained my post back here about the Hulk in the trailer.

As this is an Infinity War thread I'll spoiler this kinda' Endgame stuff

Spoiler:

So, turns out Lara Means is pretty dead on here.

Professor/Smart Hulk was actually supposed to be in Infinity War nearly down to the wire of editing the final locked film.

The scene would have had Banner trying to negotiate with the Hulk in the Hulk Buster armor and the two eventually coming to terms with merging together. This would have given us the much expected scene of Hulk busting out of the armor and, of course, alter joining the fray on the battlefield from the trailer.

There was then a scene with Natasha after the battle trying to calm Hulk ("sun's getting real low") but suddenly he spoke to her.

But, as is often the case with movies, they ran it through a few test audiences who found things confusing...("why was Hulk suddenly talking...etc.") and the opted to cut it and leave it to solve in the 5 year jump of Endgame.

Old 08-19-19, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Problem was they solved nothing in Endgame for that character. In fact, they pretty much skipped over all of that.

I haven't watched the movies back to back but I imagine that's pretty jarring if you do.
Old 08-19-19, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Problem was they solved nothing in Endgame for that character. In fact, they pretty much skipped over all of that.

I haven't watched the movies back to back but I imagine that's pretty jarring if you do.
I just did that and I didn't find it so. As referenced again in the commentary track, the plan was to place the Avengers in very different circumstances, mindsets and, of course, body sets after the 5 year jump so that it would be jarring.

Last edited by ViewAskewbian; 08-19-19 at 09:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.