Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
26.56%
41.41%
21.88%
5.47%
4.69%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I think after Thanos it will be Dormamu.
For the MCU bad guy or Dr. Strange? I am pretty sure Secret Wars will be the next big event for Marvel.
Old 04-29-18, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Avengers: Infinity War (Russo Bros., 2018) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Will Captain Marvel "replace" Captain America?

Does Beta Ray Bill come in at some point and take over duties from Thor while getting his already introduced Stormbreaker from Thor?

Does Iron Man simply retire and be a distant mentor or will he be defeated/killed at some point? I would rather him go out in a final battle with the Mandarin.

How do you deal with Hulk's character? Will they have Bruce Banner finally lose Hulk?

The other old school characters of Black Widow, War Machine and Hawkeye are not as important to deal with and can simply walk away.
Old 04-29-18, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
In one weekend it has made more than Justice League’s entire run.
Everyone at DC has to be extremely embarrassed. That was supposed to be DC's answer to Infinity War and was a huge disappointment.
Old 04-29-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Hilarious...

Old 04-29-18, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Alternate ending:

Thanos:”You should have gone for my head.”

Arrow flies into the frame, piercing Thanos’ brain, killing him for good.

HAWKEYE.
Old 04-29-18, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore

I'm wondering now, since it is shown in the Credits of Guardians of The Galaxy: Vol. 2
Spoiler:
, when Adam Warlock is going to show up, or if he will at all. I recently read an article where the Screenwriters said that he would have to have his own film, that they didn't feel like him just showing up would make any sense if no one knew who he was. I know James Gunn has spoken about his possible future in the MCU.
James Gunn has confirmed that Adam Warlock is not involved at all in the MCU version of Infinity War, but he will be involved in the more cosmic stuff that will start in Phase 4.
Old 04-29-18, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
James Gunn has confirmed that Adam Warlock is not involved at all in the MCU version of Infinity War, but he will be involved in the more cosmic stuff that will start in Phase 4.
Old 04-29-18, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but did Thanos' final act destroy the gauntlet, and if so, why?
Old 04-29-18, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My guess is that Eitri made the Gauntlet a one time use as a safeguard since Thanos threatened him into making it.
Old 04-29-18, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
For the MCU bad guy or Dr. Strange? I am pretty sure Secret Wars will be the next big event for Marvel.
I think it's going to be Secret Invasion. Captain Marvel should be the first to set that up with the Skrulls.

Secret Wars is a childhood favorite of Joe Russo and he has stated he wants to wait and use the Fox characters as well.

“Hopefully they’re about to get their hands on a few of them,” Russo said. “Listen, my second favorite character growing up, and one of my prized possessions in my comic book collection is Incredible Hulk #181, which of course is the first appearance of Wolverine. I feel like the mission of the Marvel Universe is to keep expanding and surprising people. Surprise them with casting choices, surprise them with story choices. If we’re moving into this world of crossover events, certainly that affords opportunity for other large-scale stories from the books like Secret Wars — which was another favorite comic of mine as a kid. There’s big potential moving forward if the Fox/Disney deal closes.”
Old 04-29-18, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but did Thanos' final act destroy the gauntlet, and if so, why?
It was certainly damaged, but it did work enough to help Thanos recover and transport away from Earth. He is still wearing it at the end, despite being "retired".
Old 04-29-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, he's still wearing the Gauntlet at the end, although it is visibly beat up.
Old 04-29-18, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Just got back from this and really enjoyed it. I like how well each sub-group worked. Thor/GoG was the most fun. Loved Thor calling Rocket "rabbit". Good mix of humor and drama for the most part. But, a lot of the drama loses its weight IMO since we know almost all the "deaths" are only temporary which really kind of took the sting out of the last 1/4 of the movie. I wonder how long into Avengers 4 they'll stay "dead", that's a huge chunk of popular characters to not have in your movie.

My only other issue is a goofy one, but it really stood out to me. It was towards the end as they were getting ready to take on Thanos and Banner was in the Hulk Buster...he looked like he was pasted in their by someone using paint!! We saw this at a Cinemark XD theater, so it was a big, clear screen.
Old 04-29-18, 03:36 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
My only other issue is a goofy one, but it really stood out to me. It was towards the end as they were getting ready to take on Thanos and Banner was in the Hulk Buster...he looked like he was pasted in their by someone using paint!! We saw this at a Cinemark XD theater, so it was a big, clear screen.
It looked that way on my dark normal screen too. Maybe they'll fix it in the DVD release.
Old 04-29-18, 03:45 PM

It's still weird to me that after 10 years people are still leaving the theater before the final credits have played. This time tough I decided that those people are just in Thanos' other half as they disappear out of the theater.
Old 04-29-18, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I do wonder if any of the deaths are permanent or if everyone will be brought back. I could sort of see the deaths that happened before the end of the film (Heimdall, Loki, and Gamora) sticking but then I don’t know if they’d actually kill Gamora permanently with a third Guardians film coming soon.
Old 04-29-18, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I know they mentioned why Hawkeye and Ant-Man weren't in this movie, but I missed it due to some a-hole talking during the movie. What was the reason they gave? Thanks.
Old 04-29-18, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I know they mentioned why Hawkeye and Ant-Man weren't in this movie, but I missed it due to some a-hole talking during the movie. What was the reason they gave? Thanks.
Took plea deals due to their respective families and are on house arrest.

Last edited by ultimaton; 04-29-18 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-29-18, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Went to see it doesn't 2nd time. Caught some of the stuff I missed. People were literally yelling at the screen at the ending.

I didn't stay for credits scene this time. I didn't need to see it again and my kid didn't care. I did for the 1st viewing though.
Old 04-29-18, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ultimaton
Took plea deals due to their respective families and are on house arrest.
Who honors house arrest when the fate of the universe is at stake? That is a laughable plot mechanism.
Old 04-29-18, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was one comedy line that had me in stitches, and for the life of me I can't remember it. I think it was Thor, but I'm not positive.

It wasn't the "I studied that on Asgard, as an elective," about Groot's language, although that was a good one, too.
Old 04-29-18, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Who honors house arrest when the fate of the universe is at stake? That is a laughable plot mechanism.
Who said they know anything about what's going on? All they likely know is what they might see on TV or the internet (if they're even paying attention to those things) and since no one called them to help out, why would they think they were even needed?
Old 04-29-18, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Toonview
Who said they know anything about what's going on? All they likely know is what they might see on TV or the internet (if they're even paying attention to those things) and since no one called them to help out, why would they think they were even needed?
I think the arrival in New York City would have at least made the 11 o'clock news.
Old 04-29-18, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

In terms of what deaths will stick, I would wager Loki, Heimdall, and Mantis. Mantis kind of sucks if true, since her "Kicking names and taking ass" line was definitely the best comedy bit of the movie IMO. But she is not one of the core members of GotG, so it makes sense. Gamora will probably return since the rumor is she is supposed to be a focal point of the next Guardians installment.

If Russo gets his wish and they do eventually get to make Secret Wars, is there any off chance they might get Hugh Jackman back for Wolverine? The other characters can have different actors, but it just seems like he's the only Wolverine. Wishful thinking, I know, but one can always dream.
Old 04-29-18, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

P.S. If for the sequel
Spoiler:
they pull a Superman where they use the time stone to turn everything back and undo Thanos' deeds.
that would be a huge cop out move, and very cliched.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.