Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anna (2019, D: Besson) S: Sasha Luss, Cillian Murphy, Luke Evans, Helen Mirren

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anna (2019, D: Besson) S: Sasha Luss, Cillian Murphy, Luke Evans, Helen Mirren

Old 06-22-19, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Anna (2019, D: Besson) S: Sasha Luss, Cillian Murphy, Luke Evans, Helen Mirren

That’s a good price to pay for it.
Old 06-22-19, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Anna (2019, D: Besson) S: Sasha Luss, Cillian Murphy, Luke Evans, Helen Mirren

Saw this today and thought it was pretty mediocre.
Old 06-26-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it and really enjoyed it. Someone needs to call Tom Cruise and get Sasha Luss a job in Mission:Impossible. Even though there weren't many of them I thought the action scenes were pretty good and I really sympathized with the Anna character. I thought it dragged a bit but overall a solid 3.5/5.
Old 06-26-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
Someone needs to call Tom Cruise and get Sasha Luss a job in Mission:Impossible.
Sasha is at least 3 inches taller than Tom Cruise, it will never happen.
Old 06-26-19, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of the cast of every movie is at least 3 inches taller than Crooze.
Old 06-26-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Most of the cast of every movie is at least 3 inches taller than Crooze.
Most of his leading ladies are not, and that's on purpose.
Old 06-26-19, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course they are, especially when in heels. Most are within an inch or two of his height. Ah, the power of Hollywood magic.
Old 06-26-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course they have tricks for making him look taller, but usually when a woman has to act beside him in an action role, where it's harder to pull those kind of tricks, they cast a shorter actress. I think Sasha is too tall to act beside him in a MI film.
Old 06-28-19, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked this movie a lot - it was like a better version of "Atomic Blonde". I think the non-chronological way it was put together worked great and that the movie would not have been as good if it was in chronological order instead.

Old 07-01-19, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just got back from seeing it tonight. Probably about 6-7 people in the theatre. I've been really sick the last 3 weeks with a nasty bug and have missed quite a few movies. This will be out of theatres by next week and I wanted to catch it before it's gone.

It was fun overall. I didn't expect it to be a period drama set in the late 80's and early 90's. And yeah I actually kind of liked it more than Atomic Blonde. Sasha Luss was definitely captivating as hell and had solid athleticism. She killed it in that restaurant shootout sequence. I also barely recognized Helen Mirren, but she was great as Anna's KGB handler. Some interesting, yet fairly predictable twists late in the movie.

The entire movie is told non-linear style, so you definitely have to pay attention. But, I was entertained the entire 2 hours.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-01-19 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-27-19, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees View Post
Caught a showing of this and I'm surprised to say that I was thoroughly entertained by it. It's basically La Femme Nikita Redux (with a pinch of Red Sparrow and Atomic Blonde thrown in for good measure)
Watched this tonight and agree 100% with those comparisons. And I was thoroughly entertained as well. I also liked both "Red Sparrow" and "Atomic Blonde" a great deal, think this was the best of the three. Besson definitely needs to make more movies like this. “Valerian” was fucking awful. "Lucy" was fun to watch once. I bought it and couldn't make it through a second time.
Old 09-09-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ended up getting the UHD through VUDU for $12.99 pre-order price. Since it's Lionsgate and they are not with MA, the iTunes version does not come in 4K, so if you want 4K then the VUDU version is your best with regards to digital hd.