Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Silver Surfer Movie -- News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-04-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today, Cinescape.com reported Vin Diesel is making it known that he wants to take the part of the Silver Surfer movie.
I personally think it is an excellent choice...who else is bald and tough to play the role, even thou he'll be silver? Maybe Galatus will be featured throughout the film-he does create him (refer to Fantastic Four 48/49-1964). Marvel's 2005 lineup is looking tight-Ironman, Blade 3, possible Fantastic Four, and now the Silver Surfer. I can't wait.
Old 04-04-03, 01:30 PM

diesel couldn't pull off norran radd. the surfer is probably the most powerful marvel superhero yet he tries to be calm, rational, and tries not get into a fight. how is diesel like that? I would go freddie prinze jr. joking of course.
Old 04-04-03, 02:34 PM
Banned

They're making an Iron Man movie? This comic book frenzy needs to end.
Old 04-04-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Norrin Rad was in human form (flesh & blood) for more than 3/4 of the original script. I hope they have made significant changes since then.
Old 04-04-03, 03:02 PM

Diesel seems to bulky and brutish for the silver surfer IMO
Oh well, I still enjoy his popcorn flicks and will probably catch this stinker
Old 04-04-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Keanu Reeves as a gnarly Silver Surfer...that would be most excellent!
Old 04-04-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 695 Likes on 429 Posts
Vin Diesel would be great as Galactus, only because the lumbering oaf has about as much range as a sixty foot stoic giant with a great big 'W' on top of his head.

Keanu as the Silver Surfer wouldn't be bad, although I'd like to see Jack Black tackle the role.
Old 04-04-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
Vin Diesel would be great as Galactus, only because the lumbering oaf has about as much range as a sixty foot stoic giant with a great big 'W' on top of his head.
Very well said. Diesel, who I thought was great in "Boiler Room", has yet to display anything resembling "acting" since then. His delivery in his last couple of films is the worst I've seen from any A or B-list talent in quite a while.
Old 04-04-03, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Diesel could NOT pull off the Silver Surfer although I could see him as the Thing of the Fantastic Four if they do the the stories when the Silver Surfer first appeared on Earth.
Old 04-04-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I wouldn't mind Diesel getting his ass handed to him by Thanos...wait I've mixed fiction with reality.

I can't see Diesel as SS (and I'm putting my dislike for him aside). Keanu maybe, I'm not sure.
Old 04-04-03, 08:35 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Originally posted by lesterlong
Early reports suggest that the film will explore the most burning question on everyone's mind: Does he wear some sort of undergarment beneath his iron exterior?

[If even one "Seinfeld" fan got that reference, it was worth it.]
Old 04-04-03, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Diesel or Reeves?

What a Sophie's Choice...

I always thought Denzel would be a great NR.

Dennis Quaid was supposed to do the original movie version (back in like 1992) but he's too old now.
Old 04-04-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahaha, the Keanu Reeves suggestion was a joke...the best Silver Surfer would be Guy Pearce...sensitive yet mighty.
Old 04-04-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by devilpants
Guy Pearce
Wow, good choice. I would not have thought of him.
Old 04-04-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Richard gere would've been the best silver surfer had this movie been made 25 years ago & directed by jim mcbride... oh well.

As for the new version, i'd cast jason bateman. He could use the work.
Old 04-04-03, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Aaron Eckhart could play Silver Surfer/Norran Radd. He's got great skills as an actor and I can see him pulling off a physical role as well.
Old 04-05-03, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by inVectiVe
Early reports suggest that the film will explore the most burning question on everyone's mind: Does he wear some sort of undergarment beneath his iron exterior?

[If even one "Seinfeld" fan got that reference, it was worth it.]
got it before i read your little note

i agree with whoever said this above, they are probably going too far with this comic book craze, but hell i know ill go see them anyways (and ive never read one comic book ever)
Old 04-05-03, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
What is Silver Surfer? Is he like a Iceman? Why is he silver? I've heard of the character, but don't pay attention to comics much. Is he a big deal like Spiderman or is this more like that Daredevil guy?

Vin is a bright guy - he's banking on his hot streak while he can. Personally, I like the guy and I enjoy most of his movies. I don't really care about superhero movies, so I'm kinda torn on this one.
Old 04-05-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ahem.
Billiy Zane. Even though he already played that other comic character. He's a great baldy that's all, and a good actor when directed well.
Old 04-05-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like Vin, but this isn't set in stone yet. How much will the budget be you think? With all the cosmos and Galatus, near $80-100 mil easy.

I love superhero movies and I'm a huge comic collector-I could buy a new car or pay my education off with my collection!
But will someone please get a Captain America movie out! The current climate is perfect to throw him into a modern story fighting extremists.
Old 04-05-03, 12:32 PM

Silver Surfer was one of the heralds of galactus. galactus devours planets that his heralds find for him. Surfer has the power cosmic, which makes invulnerable. he can stand in a black hole and feel no effect, survive nuclear explosions without a scratch. he can open worm holes and get from side of the galaxy to the other in seconds. he's aware of all things in the galaxy. he can increase his strength to any level. find any weakness in someone and create it. create life. He once stopped the Hulk's punch with his hand. there is pretty much nothing he can't do. And yes, guy pierce is my choice also. vin would be a real good Thing.
Old 04-05-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by jonpeters
I like Vin, but this isn't set in stone yet. How much will the budget be you think? With all the cosmos and Galatus, near $80-100 mil easy.

I love superhero movies and I'm a huge comic collector-I could buy a new car or pay my education off with my collection!
But will someone please get a Captain America movie out! The current climate is perfect to throw him into a modern story fighting extremists.
Now I wouldn't mind seeing a good Captain America flick - an origin story set back in WWII would be great. Scratch Aaron Eckhart as the Silver Surfer, he would make a better Captain America.
Old 04-05-03, 02:05 PM

Why? Are you being forced to watch these films?
Old 04-05-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It won't come to an end until they finally make the Night Nurse movie!!!

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, what happened to the Britney Spears' Dazzler movie?
Old 04-05-03, 07:28 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
What is Silver Surfer? Is he like a Iceman? Why is he silver? I've heard of the character, but don't pay attention to comics much. Is he a big deal like Spiderman or is this more like that Daredevil guy?
Here's a snipit from the fan-boy site about SS... The Silver Surfer
In 1966, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby formed the best thing since sliced bread, the best conception since peanut butter and jelly, they created the Silver Surfer! In Fantastic Four #48, the world met Galactus, Devourer of Worlds, and his herald, the Silver Surfer. In #48, the Silver Surfer came to planet Earth to summon his master, Galactus, so he might devourer our world. But by the end of the three issue saga titled, the Coming of Galactus, Silver Surfer was touched by a young woman named Alicia Masters. The Silver Surfer betrayed Galactus, so that Earth might be saved. But at what cost? The cost of his freedom. Galactus punished the Silver Surfer's betrayal by surrounding the earth with a barrier, which prevented only the Silver Surfer from leaving the planet.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.