Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

View Poll Results: Has a movie ever made you cry?
Yes 34 94.44%
No 0 0%
What are you high? 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-18, 01:29 PM   #51
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Has a movie made you cry for one reason or another?

The most recent would have been Thank You For Your Service. Everything that Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk wished it would be and say about PTSD and what veterans have to deal with to get help when they return home.
Old 02-12-18, 01:49 PM   #52

The end of Big Fish where the son finishes the father's story gets me every time I see it.
Old 02-12-18, 01:58 PM   #53
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My Dog Skip
Marley and Me
Lovely Bones
Old 02-12-18, 02:23 PM   #54
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post

curious as to why this made you cry?
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 02-12-18, 02:26 PM   #55

Revenge (Kevin Costner flix).

I've cried while watching a bunch of movies. =)
Old 02-12-18, 03:38 PM   #56
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, I don't cry at movies.
Old 02-12-18, 03:45 PM   #57
DVD Talk Special Edition

Toy Story 3 ("So long, partner"), E.T., and The Passion of the Christ all made me teary-eyed. But the only movie that has ever made me actually cry is Dancer in the Dark, and I don't ever want to watch it again.
Old 02-14-18, 07:58 AM   #58
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
curious as to why this made you cry?
I guess we all take in movies (and art in general) in different ways. If you didn't at least well up at the end of Shawshank Redemption, then you must feel less when you're watching a movie. I feel A LOT.

Here's a slight tweak to the OP's question... What movies have actually made you sob or cry a little? My thing is that I can usually hold back the tears and just well up a little. Then there's the occasional experience where I'm holding back a full-on cry or sobbing.

I can tell you that I well up a lot. I don't feel safe enough in here to tell you guys which movies I actually started crying or sobbing. I can just feel the judgement.
Old 02-14-18, 08:38 AM   #59

You will get no such judgement from me.
Old 02-14-18, 09:12 AM   #60
DVD Talk Legend

Titanic made me cry like a baby. I saw it in the theater a couple of times and had to go out the back door because it was embarrassing both times.

Marley and Me fortunately I watched it at home by myself and again the tears were flowing.
"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."
Old 02-14-18, 11:25 AM   #61
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Titanic made me cry like a baby. I saw it in the theater a couple of times and had to go out the back door because it was embarrassing both times.
There was a girl I was kinda-sorta interested in dating, and we went to see Titanic together. She sobbed, uncontrollably, in the parking lot for at least ten minutes after the movie was over. I decided then that we didn't need to date after all.

I'm not making fun of you, Timber. Titanic had a sad ending. But her reaction was over the top.
Old 02-14-18, 12:03 PM   #62
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flix View Post
There was a girl I was kinda-sorta interested in dating, and we went to see Titanic together. She sobbed, uncontrollably, in the parking lot for at least ten minutes after the movie was over. I decided then that we didn't need to date after all.

I'm not making fun of you, Timber. Titanic had a sad ending. But her reaction was over the top.
It was that god damned Celine Dion song.
"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."
Old 02-14-18, 12:37 PM   #63
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flix View Post

I had an experience where a woman I met at a speed dating event got a bit tipsy at a comedy club we went to a week or two after the event (I believe it is called Roosters in San Jose) and started talking back to the comedian on-stage, and she was not heckling...just jumping in with her 2 cents in a way that made it crazy awkward.

Afterwards sitting in my car in the parking lot she was annoyed/frustrated I did not defend her...hey, I admit that the experience had me reacting like a deer in the headlights, and I feel I would have made the whole situation even more awkward if I tried to say something. Folks were not at the club to hear my date pontificate on a Halloween costume she wore one year that she thought was more embarrassing then the one in the comedians anecdote. Not one of my prouder moments, but at least I just sat back and let her vent as my getting defensive at that particular moment would not fix things so at least I avoided escalating the situation.

Anyway, back on to the subject of this thread. I have gotten a bit watery eyed once or twice when watching a film, fortunately I am usually alone in my apt when this happens as I am watching a film on cable/blu/dvd/streaming.

No, Titanic did not make this dude watery eyed, but it is a sad film that I could see some folks getting a bit emotional over (not sob hysterically for 10 minutes emotional, but still).

Last edited by Inhumans99; 02-14-18 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-14-18, 01:23 PM   #64
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apollo 13 when they get off the chopper at the end still waters me up.
Old 02-14-18, 02:01 PM   #65
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've mentioned here a few times how the ending of Anthropoid had me weeping so much that it took me 10 minutes to collect my emotions and leave the theater. Knowing it was a 100% true story really impacted me.

Another one that gets to me every time is American History X when Edward Norton rushes into the bathroom at the end and finds his brother.
Old 02-14-18, 03:13 PM   #66
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I guess we all take in movies (and art in general) in different ways. If you didn't at least well up at the end of Shawshank Redemption, then you must feel less when you're watching a movie. I feel A LOT.

Here's a slight tweak to the OP's question... What movies have actually made you sob or cry a little? My thing is that I can usually hold back the tears and just well up a little. Then there's the occasional experience where I'm holding back a full-on cry or sobbing.

I can tell you that I well up a lot. I don't feel safe enough in here to tell you guys which movies I actually started crying or sobbing. I can just feel the judgement.
doubt it... i feel alot but in this case the ending i felt was a happy one and not a sad one.
There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "what if you die, Dwight? How will we get into the office?" He said, "if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks."
Old 02-14-18, 03:19 PM   #67
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A.I. the scene when David's mom ditches in the woods.

I think a couple other movies, but can't remember which ones.