Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

‘Friday the 13th Part 3’ Documentary - Watch now FREE

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-16-18, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

From http://bloody-disgusting.com

Documentaries His Name Was Jason and Crystal Lake Memories already dug deep into the Friday the 13th franchise, but this latest ones shine the spotlight on one of the films rather than the entire series: Friday the 13th: Part 3. Particularly, it’s a video love letter to the late Richard Brooker, who played Jason in the film.

As of this past Saturday, the full documentary (which runs just under 40-minutes long) is now available for free viewing on YouTube, so be sure to check it out below!

Director Kevin R. Phipps explained last year, “In April 2013, the Friday the 13th family suddenly lost Mr. Richard Brooker. Portraying Jason in Friday the 13th part 3, he was the first individual to don the now iconic hockey mask. Richard was a terrific human being & a friend to all. In addition, the Higgins Haven cabin used in the film was burned down by some careless vagrants in 2006. These two events sparked us into action to do something with the one of a kind on location video footage we shot from 2003 & 2005.“

He continued, “The project has grown leaps and bounds over the past year & continues to bring on board various Friday the 13th alumni that starred in part 3 as well friends of Richard’s that are still working in the film industry today. Their interviews are pivotal in giving the backstory of the production of part 3 as well as insight into the man Richard Brooker was. This documentary’s intentions are to preserve the memory of this movie & Richard Brooker.”

I just watched it and, and man, was not aware just how much Richard contributed to the world. I figured he was just another actor who put on the mask. I'm really bummed I was never able to meet him.
Old 01-16-18, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: ‘Friday the 13th Part 3’ Documentary - Watch now FREE

^Same. I was totally unaware of his (Non-Horror) accomplishments.

I checked this out a few nights when a bud on Instagram posted this. It still boggles the mind that Steve Miner is never around to share his thoughts on making these movies.