Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (Snyder, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Justice League (Snyder, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
5.56%
4.44%
27.78%
14.44%
21.11%
15.56%
5.56%
1.11%
1.11%
0%
1.11%
What are you high?
2.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Justice League (Snyder, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-17, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: Justice League (Snyder, 2017) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

I fucking loved it, was it great? no, was it hella fun... fucking yeah it was. I can't wait to see it again and own the bd.

Spoiler:

Superman to me stole the movie and was awesome.

Galdot is still owning it as WW.

Flash was ok, though his suit looked weird when they did close ups.

Cyborg was actually pretty damn cool.

Aquaman was badass and can't wait for the solo movie.

Affleck was really good, it is a shame he doesn't want to play batman anymore.

Did I mention Superman stole the movie?

Bring on Superman 3. =)

Old 11-16-17, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Just saw it and enjoyed the hell out of it.

It does move at break neck speed. There is hardly any breathing room. But I feel like we spent a decent amount of time with the characters. I would be interested in an extended cut. The final battle did not go on and on like I was expecting.

All spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
Superman was amazing. Superman is redeemed. He beat Steppenwolfs ASS!

When he showed back up in the costume, that got a big applause at my screening. People still love Superman. I dont care what anyone says.

Elfmans score was very generic and very forgettable. I barely heard Williams Supes theme, and did not hear Batman. Oh well.

Very cool seeing a Green Lantern in flashback.

I am glad they addressed what Wonder Woman has been up to since WWI, and Batman called her out on it.

Affleck is still a cool Batman. It's too bad he is looking to leave.

Flash is the comic relief and it worked. When he is trying to sneak up on Superman, and Supes turns to look at him, was great.

Aquaman was cool, his solo movie will be nice to flesh things out. Cyborg was an integral part, and I dont think he felt out of place.

The end credit scenes both got a big reaction. People loved the race, and there were a few "oh shit, Deathstroke!" in the audience.

But again, Superman was amazing.
Originally Posted by csant
I fucking loved it, was it great? no, was it hella fun... fucking yeah it was. I can't wait to see it again and own the bd.

Spoiler:

Superman to me stole the movie and was awesome.

Galdot is still owning it as WW.

Flash was ok, though his suit looked weird when they did close ups.

Cyborg was actually pretty damn cool.

Aquaman was badass and can't wait for the solo movie.

Affleck was really good, it is a shame he doesn't want to play batman anymore.

Did I mention Superman stole the movie?

Bring on Superman 3. =)

Reading these pisses me off, because the DCCU could be blowing the MCU out of the fucking water, but it feels like Warners is holding it back, hedging their bets, and playing it safe.
Old 11-16-17, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Yep, not great but a very fun movie. The humor in particular was very good. And despite having a generic villain(something that really dragged down Suicide Squad), I didn’t mind Steppenwolf.
Old 11-16-17, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Just back from watching, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Disjointed? Yes. But still fun. Nice intros to Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg and if Affleck really is leaving, it will be a bummer. His depiction is the Batman I've always wanted to see on screen. Also, although I thoroughly enjoyed MoS, it was nice to see Superman showing some joy. Gadot was spot on again as WW/

So, with the end credits scene (not Flash v Supes) seems like a direct tie in to both a Superman sequel and a Batman solo debut. Not being familiar with the comics, does Luthor have some ties to Deathstroke?
Old 11-16-17, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't catch the 2nd end credit scene.. can someone give me a spoiler. =)
Old 11-16-17, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Spoiler:
it is revealed that Lex is outta jail and Deathstroke meets him on his yacht where Lex proposes forming a team of their own

Both end credit scenes were great.

Last edited by Maxflier; 11-16-17 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Spoiler:
it is revealed that Lex is outta jail and Deathstroke meets him on his yacht where Lex proposes forming a team of thei own

Both end credit scenes were great.
Thanks, I'm piss
Spoiler:
Deathstroke is a favorite of mine.

I'm going to watch the movie again over the weekend. I'll catch it then. =)
Old 11-16-17, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Just got back. It was ok. There was definitely some choppiness throughout -- I'm hoping we will get an Ultimate Edition like we did for BVS. I HATED the CGI'd Cavill digital double -- he looked weird throughout. Hell, some scenes had him completely CGI'd including close-ups.

I thought Steppenwolf was badass, but his CGI'd mouth movements were distracting, because they didn't necessarily sync with the words.

The action and humor was great, though. It did need about 20 more minutes of fleshing out, though. For reals.
Old 11-16-17, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Enjoyed it. Thought the premise was pretty similar to the Justice League: War animated film except Steppenwolf is the big bad instead of Darkseid and of course there's no GL.

Flash stole the show for me. Still hate the suit.

Momoa made Aquaman a certified badass.

Cavill is always great as Supes.

Gal is Wonder Woman.

Thought Fisher was decent.

Affleck is a bitch if he is truly dropping out. That motherfucker should've known what he was in for when he first signed on.
Old 11-17-17, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

I just got home, not great, but the action and humor were pretty fun. I thought everyone worked well in their parts. My biggest complaint were the plot and the villian were setup in the beginning. Then out of nowhere it went in a different direction with resurecting Superman. Why did Henry Cavill looked CGI throughout most of the movie except the ending?
Old 11-17-17, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
Not being familiar with the comics, does Luthor have some ties to Deathstroke?
they're part of the Injustice League
Old 11-17-17, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Sorraffy
they're part of the Injustice League

The Secret Society (of Super-Villains). Luthor, Deathstroke, Black Adam, Dr. Psycho, Talia al Ghul and the Calculator. Plus all the other DC villains.

Hopefully, they won't go with the Legion of Doom.
Old 11-17-17, 02:45 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

The movie is not good enough yet there are problems too much movie too fast, but the movie can take viewers. Have fun with it. The cgi of superman is very obvious. But overall, okay movie.
it seems to me that other similar films are more worthy of attention. for example
Justice League: War (2014), Justice League (2001)
Old 11-17-17, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Zack Snyder just can't tell a story. Period. Let's hope he doesn't come back to the DCEU.
Old 11-17-17, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

37% at RT. No wonder the embargo lifted at the last minute.
Old 11-17-17, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

87% audience score means a lot more to WB
Old 11-17-17, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will say that I really enjoyed Wonder Woman, but I either disliked or hated every other movie in the DCEU. I can now say I have officially checked out of these movies. Putting Zac Snyder in charge was the worst possible decision for this franchise. Justice League is on the same level of Michael Bay bad. If you say with a straight face that you had fun duringb this movie then the fucking terrorists have already won.
Old 11-17-17, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
RT is also partly owned by Warner Bros.
Originally Posted by Lara Means
I will say that I really enjoyed Wonder Woman, but I either disliked or hated every other movie in the DCEU. I can now say I have officially checked out of these movies. Putting Zac Snyder in charge was the worst possible decision for this franchise. Justice League is on the same level of Michael Bay bad. If you say with a straight face that you had fun duringb this movie then the fucking terrorists have already won.
I had fun.
Old 11-17-17, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
87% audience score means a lot more to WB
That's the fanboy score, as only fanboys (and fangirls) have seen it so far. Expect that to drop as general audiences weigh in.

Don't tell me that WB wouldn't love to have a string of Wonder Woman-esque DCEU movies that get critical acclaim and mega $$$. That is the dream.
Old 11-17-17, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
37% at RT. No wonder the embargo lifted at the last minute.
that sucks, no wonder Affleck wants out. He sees these as career suicide
Old 11-17-17, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Isn't this clearly marked as a spoiler-filled thread? Why the spoiler tags? (tags removed, so proceed with caution, I guess...)

Originally Posted by stingermck
Just saw it and enjoyed the hell out of it.

It does move at breakneck speed. There is hardly any breathing room. But I feel like we spent a decent amount of time with the characters. I would be interested in an extended cut. The final battle did not go on and on like I was expecting.

All spoilers ahead:

Superman was amazing. Superman is redeemed. He beat Steppenwolf's ASS!

When he showed back up in the costume, that got a big applause at my screening. People still love Superman. I don't care what anyone says.

Elfman's score was very generic and very forgettable. I barely heard Williams Supes theme and did not hear Batman. Oh well.

Very cool seeing a Green Lantern in flashback.

I am glad they addressed what Wonder Woman has been up to since WWI, and Batman called her out on it.

Affleck is still a cool Batman. It's too bad he is looking to leave.

Flash is the comic relief and it worked. When he is trying to sneak up on Superman, and Supes turns to look at him, was great.

Aquaman was cool, his solo movie will be nice to flesh things out. Cyborg was an integral part, and I don't think he felt out of place.

The end credit scenes both got a big reaction. People loved the race, and there were a few "oh shit, Deathstroke!" in the audience.

But again, Superman was amazing.
Superman was... Superman. Finally. He was practically perfect in every scene.

Elfman's score was far better than you are giving it credit for, and if you didn't hear both the Williams Superman theme and the Batman '89 theme at the appropriate points, you were not listening. They were both very clear, and fit in very well (especially during the post-resurrection scene).

Affleck was great as Bruce, and just average as Batman. But, with that said, the Batman scenes were great, and much more "Batman-like" than anything from BvS. He definitely was the world's greatest detective. He anticipated almost everything and had contingency plans - and lots of great "toys".

Flash was cool, and after seeing the way the character was developed, I don't hate the suit as much as before, but they do need to have a moment in the next movie that mirrors that Tony Stark/Spider-Man suit from Homecoming. Barry's suit deserves that.

Jason Momoa was amazing as Aquaman, and he raised the bar on that character a HUGE amount. The scenes between him and Bruce, where Bruce is bringing up the stereotypical Aquaman tropes, and then seeing Aquaman's reactions, were awesome.

Even Cyborg's ugly costume is subtly explained, and the scene at the end where he finally gets it under control was a nice payoff.

And yes, both of the after-scenes were great. The race was fun, and the Deathstroke reveal was very well done.

Regarding the Cavill CGI issue, I had actually forgotten about the mustache, so I didn't go in looking for it. As such, I wasn't bothered at all. I think many of those who ARE bothered were just looking for it, so naturally, they are going to see it.

All in all, it was a solid, fun movie. Maybe not at the same level as The Avengers or Ragnarok, but better than anything we've had before in the DCEU, except maybe Wonder Woman. I don't get the negative reviews.

Last edited by RoboDad; 11-17-17 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

I hate the whole "spoiler" review thread concept. I get it, post-movie discussion, but some people do want to hear others opinions before venturing out. Especially for a movie like this where fan opinions diverge greatly from the critical response. But fuck them I guess.

Originally Posted by Defiant1
That's the fanboy score, as only fanboys (and fangirls) have seen it so far. Expect that to drop as general audiences weigh in.

Don't tell me that WB wouldn't love to have a string of Wonder Woman-esque DCEU movies that get critical acclaim and mega $$$. That is the dream.
Happy fans are still more important to them than happy critics. I guess we'll see how it pans out in a few weeks with the audience score, their benchmarks:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Critics: 27%, Audience: 63% (229k ratings) -- imdb: 6.6 (503k)
Suicide Squad - Critics: 26%, Audience: 61% (141k ratings) -- imdb: 6.2 (444k)
Man of Steel - Critics: 55%, Audience: 75% (445k ratings) -- imdb: 7.1 (594k)
Wonder Woman - Critics: 92%, Audience: 89% (120k ratings) -- imdb: 7.6 (321k)

Justice League - Critics: 37%, Audience: 86% (86k ratings) -- imdb: 7.8 (26k)

I think if Justice League can stay in line with Man of Steel, WB would probably be happy.

Last edited by RichC2; 11-17-17 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-17-17, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Regarding the Cavill CGI issue, I had actually forgotten about the mustache, so I didn't go in looking for it. As such, I wasn't bothered at all. I think many of those who ARE bothered were just looking for it, so naturally, they are going to see it.

Ah, so that's what it was. I totally forgot about the mustache. Well, I guess they may have cgi'd more than just his upper lip, because his face looked weird most of the time. Hell, during the opening clip of the kids videotaping him, he was all cgi, too.
Old 11-17-17, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How about the scene were Aquaman was spilling out his heart to everyone on the team was fucking hilarious and it was because he was sitting on WW lasso.

Loved it.
Old 11-17-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I did not see an entire Cavill CGI face at all, at any point. I did look at his lip during the race scene but nothing else stood out for me.

Yeah Aquaman sitting on the lasso was great.

As far as spoilers tags, people tend to bitch throughout the years on both side, so I just play it safe.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.