Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Old 10-24-17, 08:00 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 19,957
3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

From Bloody Disgusting:

The Devilís Rejects, arguably Rob ZombieĎs best film, ended in a hail of bullets that gave homage to Bonnie and Clyde. In the scene, Captain Spaulding (Sid Haig), Otis (Bill Moseley), and Baby (Sheri Moon Zombie) drive directly into a shootout that ends all of their lives. Yet, Zombie plans to resurrect them.

Bloody Disgusting has exclusively confirmed that Zombie is, in fact, directing a follow-up to The Devilís Rejects.

For those unaware, The Devilís Rejects (2005) is a spinoff of his directorial debut, House of 1,000 Corpses (2003), and this is important because of the aforementioned scene. While we donít know any of the story details, weíre expecting it to be another spinoff or possibly a prequel, being that the Firefly family is presumed dead. Itís also unclear when he plans to shoot.

Zombie has been teasing a return to the franchise for over a year now, so this is welcome news for those dying to see the gang get back together and continuing to carry out the devilís work. Weíll keep you posted with any updates or official news as it comes in.

*************************************

After "31" I'm positive no one wants to give Zombie another dollar to waste, so here he goes, back to the well to resurrect characters he, at one point, said were very dead.
islandclaws is offline  
Old 10-24-17, 09:13 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 20,912
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

I thought he made a little piece of history with The Devil's Rejects. Maybe the ... meanest or cruelest ... movie I've ever seen.
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 10-24-17, 09:24 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bremerton WA
Posts: 5,313
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Id be interested to hear anyone's argument for something other than Devil's Rejects being his best movie.
Nesbit is offline  
Old 10-24-17, 09:28 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 7,822
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

He better hurry if he plans on using Sid Haig. Dude is getting up there and doesn't usually look too good at conventions.
VHS? is offline  
Old 10-24-17, 09:36 PM
  #5  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 24,811
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

I loved The Devils Rejects.
dex14 is online now  
Old 10-24-17, 09:39 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18,504
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

I'd rather see him do a follow up to Tony Scott's last project.
DaveyJoe is offline  
Old 10-24-17, 11:07 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,001
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

I enjoyed The Devil’s Rejects enough that I would watch a sequel. However, though I haven’t seen 31 yet, The Lords of Salem was terrible and Halloween II goes down as possibly the worst horror movie I’ve ever seen...which is a pretty impressive feat considering the amount of shitty horror movies out there.
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 09:32 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,603
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I enjoyed The Devil’s Rejects enough that I would watch a sequel. However, though I haven’t seen 31 yet, The Lords of Salem was terrible and Halloween II goes down as possibly the worst horror movie I’ve ever seen...which is a pretty impressive feat considering the amount of shitty horror movies out there.
LMFAO! You should count yourself lucky if Halloween II is the worst horror film you've ever seen. I've seen the worst, shitty horror films - movies that would make sweet baby Jesus gouge his own eyes out.

In fairness, I'm a big RZ fan and love his take on the Halloween films, so I'm a bit biased.

Anyway, I'm chuffed beyond belief for this!!!
modfather is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 10:44 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Rival11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Because Scott1598
Posts: 5,649
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

like Island Claws mentioned - after 31, I wouldn't want him to make anymore movies.

I'm hoping 31 just suffered from not enough funds and he said screw it.

This sounds interesting but, we'll see.
Rival11 is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 11:07 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 44,985
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
I havenít seen 31 yet, The Lords of Salem was terrible and Halloween II goes down as possibly the worst horror movie Iíve ever seen...which is a pretty impressive feat considering the amount of shitty horror movies out there.
inri222 is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 11:58 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
EddieMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paradise, USA
Posts: 9,620
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

31 is bad. Really, really fucking bad. I am not sure if it's as bad as Halloween II, which is legendarily bad, but it's right up there in its awfulness.
EddieMoney is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 12:25 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 20,912
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
I'd rather see him do a follow up to Tony Scott's last project.
Top Gun 3?
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 12:33 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,444
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Zombie isn't the best director but I like Lords Of Salem and his two Halloween films. He isn't Uwe Boll, Michael Bay or Christopher Nolan bad.
stvn1974 is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 12:50 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 20,912
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
He isn't Uwe Boll, Michael Bay or Christopher Nolan bad.
I agree. He doesn't suck as bad as Kubrick, Scorsese, Kurosawa, or Hitchcock.

Mean, cruel, demonic. I hope he finds something a little different to do. Gross gore gets old.
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 02:34 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,711
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
He better hurry if he plans on using Sid Haig. Dude is getting up there and doesn't usually look too good at conventions.
Zombie will just get his wife to play both roles.
DthRdrX is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 02:57 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
d2cheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 9,278
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Top Gun 3?
He is talking about Tony Scott killing himself. Classy.
d2cheer is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 03:31 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
covenant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,877
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Hoping for another killer soundtrack. Midnight Rider will be forever linked in my mind to that movie.
covenant is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 06:16 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 20,912
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Gross gore gets old.
I wonder ... can gore go any further? I remember looking away from Irreversible - when the guy was getting his face beaten in with the fire extinguisher (and the rape scene was miserable).

Now that's nothing. There's some sick shit out there. The camera often doesn't look away like it once did. Plenty of films leave nothing up to the imagination.
Troy Stiffler is offline  
Old 10-25-17, 07:15 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,001
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by modfather View Post
LMFAO! You should count yourself lucky if Halloween II is the worst horror film you've ever seen. I've seen the worst, shitty horror films - movies that would make sweet baby Jesus gouge his own eyes out.

In fairness, I'm a big RZ fan and love his take on the Halloween films, so I'm a bit biased.

Anyway, I'm chuffed beyond belief for this!!!
Oh, Iíve watched some shitty horror movies in my time, truly bad acting and student film level budgets can often times make bad movies but Iíve never once seen one of those movies and been as physically mad, I mean fucking MAD, as I was when Halloween II ended.
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 10-27-17, 01:42 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,603
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Oh, Iíve watched some shitty horror movies in my time, truly bad acting and student film level budgets can often times make bad movies but Iíve never once seen one of those movies and been as physically mad, I mean fucking MAD, as I was when Halloween II ended.
Not being confrontational here at all, so please don't think so, just curious: why were you so mad? I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything - it's cool.

Now, the first BAD horror movie that comes to my mind that I REALLY hated was Pinup Dolls on Ice. We had this premise of "tough" pinup girls who end up being stalked by a killer, then they just run from one location to another, hiding, from a killer - AND THAT'S ALL. Literally. Then the necrophilia was the cherry on top. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of different horror films, and this is the worst (I can think of at this moment).
modfather is offline  
Old 10-27-17, 01:44 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,711
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I wonder ... can gore go any further? I remember looking away from Irreversible - when the guy was getting his face beaten in with the fire extinguisher (and the rape scene was miserable).

Now that's nothing. There's some sick shit out there. The camera often doesn't look away like it once did. Plenty of films leave nothing up to the imagination.
Depend on how it is done. I hate CGI horror. Give me old school special effects any day, even if it looks a little fake!
DthRdrX is offline  
Old 10-27-17, 08:54 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,001
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by modfather View Post
Not being confrontational here at all, so please don't think so, just curious: why were you so mad? I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything - it's cool.
To be honest, I donít really remember why I was so mad. I just remember being filled with rage at how the movie played out. It probably had to due to the fact that every turn the movie should have taken it went the opposite direction. And I donít mean that in a good, it-was-original, it-kept-you-guessing, kind of way. Literally, every wrong decision Zombie could have made with every aspect of the film, he made.
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 10-28-17, 10:32 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,603
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
To be honest, I donít really remember why I was so mad. I just remember being filled with rage at how the movie played out. It probably had to due to the fact that every turn the movie should have taken it went the opposite direction. And I donít mean that in a good, it-was-original, it-kept-you-guessing, kind of way. Literally, every wrong decision Zombie could have made with every aspect of the film, he made.
Ah, fair enough. I'm a fan of all of his movies - I think I'm
modfather is offline  
Old 10-29-17, 10:29 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,639
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I thought he made a little piece of history with The Devil's Rejects. Maybe the ... meanest or cruelest ... movie I've ever seen.
I thought that movie was tame compared to House of 1000 Corpses.

Considering that the ending to the Devil's Rejects seemed final, this will probably be a prequel to "House.."
Ringmaster is offline  
Old 10-29-17, 11:05 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
rbrown498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,204
re: 3 From Hell (D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Your answer to the following question will tell where you lie on the Rob Zombie Appreciation Spectrum (RZAS): If Rob Zombie's next film were to be crowdfunded, would you contribute and, if so, how much? For the sake of argument, let's say that nothing will be given in return--no names in the credits, no swag, nothing; just the satisfaction of knowing that you helped get his next film made.

As for me, I wouldn't contribute. At all. Not even with the change hiding in my couch.
rbrown498 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.