Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

3 From Hell (2019, D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-17, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From Bloody Disgusting:

The Devil’s Rejects, arguably Rob Zombie‘s best film, ended in a hail of bullets that gave homage to Bonnie and Clyde. In the scene, Captain Spaulding (Sid Haig), Otis (Bill Moseley), and Baby (Sheri Moon Zombie) drive directly into a shootout that ends all of their lives. Yet, Zombie plans to resurrect them.

Bloody Disgusting has exclusively confirmed that Zombie is, in fact, directing a follow-up to The Devil’s Rejects.

For those unaware, The Devil’s Rejects (2005) is a spinoff of his directorial debut, House of 1,000 Corpses (2003), and this is important because of the aforementioned scene. While we don’t know any of the story details, we’re expecting it to be another spinoff or possibly a prequel, being that the Firefly family is presumed dead. It’s also unclear when he plans to shoot.

Zombie has been teasing a return to the franchise for over a year now, so this is welcome news for those dying to see the gang get back together and continuing to carry out the devil’s work. We’ll keep you posted with any updates or official news as it comes in.

After "31" I'm positive no one wants to give Zombie another dollar to waste, so here he goes, back to the well to resurrect characters he, at one point, said were very dead.
Old 10-24-17, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
re: 3 From Hell (2019, D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

I thought he made a little piece of history with The Devil's Rejects. Maybe the ... meanest or cruelest ... movie I've ever seen.
Old 10-24-17, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts

Id be interested to hear anyone's argument for something other than Devil's Rejects being his best movie.
Old 10-24-17, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

He better hurry if he plans on using Sid Haig. Dude is getting up there and doesn't usually look too good at conventions.
Old 10-24-17, 09:36 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I loved The Devils Rejects.
Old 10-24-17, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'd rather see him do a follow up to Tony Scott's last project.
Old 10-24-17, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,065 Posts

I enjoyed The Devil’s Rejects enough that I would watch a sequel. However, though I haven’t seen 31 yet, The Lords of Salem was terrible and Halloween II goes down as possibly the worst horror movie I’ve ever seen...which is a pretty impressive feat considering the amount of shitty horror movies out there.
Old 10-25-17, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I enjoyed The Devil’s Rejects enough that I would watch a sequel. However, though I haven’t seen 31 yet, The Lords of Salem was terrible and Halloween II goes down as possibly the worst horror movie I’ve ever seen...which is a pretty impressive feat considering the amount of shitty horror movies out there.
LMFAO! You should count yourself lucky if Halloween II is the worst horror film you've ever seen. I've seen the worst, shitty horror films - movies that would make sweet baby Jesus gouge his own eyes out.

In fairness, I'm a big RZ fan and love his take on the Halloween films, so I'm a bit biased.

Anyway, I'm chuffed beyond belief for this!!!
Old 10-25-17, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

like Island Claws mentioned - after 31, I wouldn't want him to make anymore movies.

I'm hoping 31 just suffered from not enough funds and he said screw it.

This sounds interesting but, we'll see.
Old 10-25-17, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

I haven’t seen 31 yet, The Lords of Salem was terrible and Halloween II goes down as possibly the worst horror movie I’ve ever seen...which is a pretty impressive feat considering the amount of shitty horror movies out there.
Old 10-25-17, 11:58 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

31 is bad. Really, really fucking bad. I am not sure if it's as bad as Halloween II, which is legendarily bad, but it's right up there in its awfulness.
Old 10-25-17, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I'd rather see him do a follow up to Tony Scott's last project.
Top Gun 3?
Old 10-25-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 549 Likes on 341 Posts

Zombie isn't the best director but I like Lords Of Salem and his two Halloween films. He isn't Uwe Boll, Michael Bay or Christopher Nolan bad.
Old 10-25-17, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stvn1974
He isn't Uwe Boll, Michael Bay or Christopher Nolan bad.
I agree. He doesn't suck as bad as Kubrick, Scorsese, Kurosawa, or Hitchcock.

Mean, cruel, demonic. I hope he finds something a little different to do. Gross gore gets old.
Old 10-25-17, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
He better hurry if he plans on using Sid Haig. Dude is getting up there and doesn't usually look too good at conventions.
Zombie will just get his wife to play both roles.
Old 10-25-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
Top Gun 3?
He is talking about Tony Scott killing himself. Classy.
Old 10-25-17, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hoping for another killer soundtrack. Midnight Rider will be forever linked in my mind to that movie.
Old 10-25-17, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gross gore gets old.
I wonder ... can gore go any further? I remember looking away from Irreversible - when the guy was getting his face beaten in with the fire extinguisher (and the rape scene was miserable).

Now that's nothing. There's some sick shit out there. The camera often doesn't look away like it once did. Plenty of films leave nothing up to the imagination.
Old 10-25-17, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by modfather
LMFAO! You should count yourself lucky if Halloween II is the worst horror film you've ever seen. I've seen the worst, shitty horror films - movies that would make sweet baby Jesus gouge his own eyes out.

In fairness, I'm a big RZ fan and love his take on the Halloween films, so I'm a bit biased.

Anyway, I'm chuffed beyond belief for this!!!
Oh, I’ve watched some shitty horror movies in my time, truly bad acting and student film level budgets can often times make bad movies but I’ve never once seen one of those movies and been as physically mad, I mean fucking MAD, as I was when Halloween II ended.
Old 10-27-17, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, I’ve watched some shitty horror movies in my time, truly bad acting and student film level budgets can often times make bad movies but I’ve never once seen one of those movies and been as physically mad, I mean fucking MAD, as I was when Halloween II ended.
Not being confrontational here at all, so please don't think so, just curious: why were you so mad? I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything - it's cool.

Now, the first BAD horror movie that comes to my mind that I REALLY hated was Pinup Dolls on Ice. We had this premise of "tough" pinup girls who end up being stalked by a killer, then they just run from one location to another, hiding, from a killer - AND THAT'S ALL. Literally. Then the necrophilia was the cherry on top. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of different horror films, and this is the worst (I can think of at this moment).
Old 10-27-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I wonder ... can gore go any further? I remember looking away from Irreversible - when the guy was getting his face beaten in with the fire extinguisher (and the rape scene was miserable).

Now that's nothing. There's some sick shit out there. The camera often doesn't look away like it once did. Plenty of films leave nothing up to the imagination.
Depend on how it is done. I hate CGI horror. Give me old school special effects any day, even if it looks a little fake!
Old 10-27-17, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by modfather
Not being confrontational here at all, so please don't think so, just curious: why were you so mad? I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything - it's cool.
To be honest, I don’t really remember why I was so mad. I just remember being filled with rage at how the movie played out. It probably had to due to the fact that every turn the movie should have taken it went the opposite direction. And I don’t mean that in a good, it-was-original, it-kept-you-guessing, kind of way. Literally, every wrong decision Zombie could have made with every aspect of the film, he made.
Old 10-28-17, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To be honest, I don’t really remember why I was so mad. I just remember being filled with rage at how the movie played out. It probably had to due to the fact that every turn the movie should have taken it went the opposite direction. And I don’t mean that in a good, it-was-original, it-kept-you-guessing, kind of way. Literally, every wrong decision Zombie could have made with every aspect of the film, he made.
Ah, fair enough. I'm a fan of all of his movies - I think I'm
Old 10-29-17, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought he made a little piece of history with The Devil's Rejects. Maybe the ... meanest or cruelest ... movie I've ever seen.
I thought that movie was tame compared to House of 1000 Corpses.

Considering that the ending to the Devil's Rejects seemed final, this will probably be a prequel to "House.."
Old 10-29-17, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Your answer to the following question will tell where you lie on the Rob Zombie Appreciation Spectrum (RZAS): If Rob Zombie's next film were to be crowdfunded, would you contribute and, if so, how much? For the sake of argument, let's say that nothing will be given in return--no names in the credits, no swag, nothing; just the satisfaction of knowing that you helped get his next film made.

As for me, I wouldn't contribute. At all. Not even with the change hiding in my couch.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.