Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

3 From Hell (2019, D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

3 From Hell (2019, D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: 3 From Hell (2019, D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

Rented the streaming version over the weekend. I agree with what everyone else says. I didn't find it abysmal as much as just boring for the most part. Haig definitely kept the previous installments infused with energy, and he was sorely missed this time around. He did well with what little he had, but it was sadly obvious he wasn't in any shape to be working just from what was shot. The first one was a supernatural slasher flick and was a quite the visual feast. The second one was pure violence exploitation and is probably Zombie's best movie. This one just seemed like a quick job that was thrown together on the fly (which it was to my understanding, as Haig had to have his part removed so Brake could take a bigger part) and without much care. For once I would like to see Zombie try to make a movie that doesn't rely on a bunch of people spewing obscenity and a lead role that is played by his wife. While I'm at it , I would like to see Sheri Moon to try acting in something that isn't made by her husband . I think she's actually a decent actress, but she never really tries to diversify.
Old 11-06-19, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: 3 From Hell (2019, D: Rob Zombie) -- sequel to The Devil's Rejects

I rented this from the library and watched it last night (well at least most of it, I fell asleep and missed about 20 minutes that I'm not going to take the time to rewatch) and damn was it terrible. I can even tolerate the shit show that Halloween 2 turned out to be, but his last couple movies have proved that he just doesn't have enough to pull together a decent movie. Pretty disappointing.