Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-19, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Except if they make a movie as good as The Pianist.
Old 01-25-19, 06:08 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Bohemian Rhapsody lost its GLADD nomination over this. That’s something, I guess?
Old 01-25-19, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Anybody remember when there were rumors of major strife on the set of the second X-Men between Halle Berry and Singer?
The stories at the time made it sound like she was disgusted with him and was saying so publicly. The only thing the public at the time knew was that he was gay- so Berry ended up looking like a homophobe witch.

When people wonder why other people don't speak up about their high profile peers in that industry, the reaction she got back then is good example why.
Old 01-25-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I was on set with him for a day during the first X-Men. There were rumours about him regarding his assistant, but not of the #metoo sort.

A fun day, indeed! Got to meet Halle, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and James Marsden. All were very nice, particularly Halle and Hugh.

It was actually the day before Halle won her Golden Globe for Introducing Dorothy Dandridge.
Old 01-25-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
I was on set with him for a day during the first X-Men. There were rumours about him regarding his assistant, but not of the #metoo sort.

A fun day, indeed! Got to meet Halle, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and James Marsden. All were very nice, particularly Halle and Hugh.

It was actually the day before Halle won her Golden Globe for Introducing Dorothy Dandridge.
But did Singer *Touch* you?
Old 01-25-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

“I continue to be in development for Red Sonja and Bryan Singer continues to be attached,” producer Avi Lerner said in a statement published via THR.

“The over $800 million Bohemian Rhapsody has grossed, making it the highest grossing drama in film history, is testament to his remarkable vision and acumen. I know the difference between agenda driven fake news and reality, and I am very comfortable with this decision. In America people are innocent until proven otherwise.”
Old 01-25-19, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
But did Singer *Touch* you?
Judging by his assistant, I was not his type.
Old 01-25-19, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Judging by his assistant, I was not his type.
Fair enough...
Old 01-25-19, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Anybody remember when there were rumors of major strife on the set of the second X-Men between Halle Berry and Singer?
The stories at the time made it sound like she was disgusted with him and was saying so publicly. The only thing the public at the time knew was that he was gay- so Berry ended up looking like a homophobe witch.

When people wonder why other people don't speak up about their high profile peers in that industry, the reaction she got back then is good example why.
Now I kind of feel a little bad because I really didn't like Halle back then. I thought she didn't want to play Storm anymore because she thought she was too good for a comic book movie. Guess I was wrong.
Old 01-26-19, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Michael Jackson's in the news again, thanks to a damning new 4-hour documentary, LEAVING NEVERLAND.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...z5PzGkIsYovArg
Old 01-26-19, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Michael Jackson's in the news again, thanks to a damning new 4-hour documentary, LEAVING NEVERLAND.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...z5PzGkIsYovArg
Wow. That is going to be big I think. What's sad is this was basically allowed to go on because of the world's love for him. In the court of public opinion everyone found him not guilty. I thought that since he was so childlike that maybe everything he did was innocent. But apparently not. Not to discredit other cases but this is by far the worst case in this thread. Mainly because he groomed these young boys and affected their life in such a profoundly devastating way. Others may have been raped or molested and even some minors but no one this young and in such a consistent and profound way as to change their very psyche.
Old 01-27-19, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

Two time Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey would like to have a word with you - in character as Frank Underwood.
Damn, good rebuttal!
Old 01-27-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
Wow. That is going to be big I think. What's sad is this was basically allowed to go on because of the world's love for him. In the court of public opinion everyone found him not guilty. I thought that since he was so childlike that maybe everything he did was innocent. But apparently not. Not to discredit other cases but this is by far the worst case in this thread. Mainly because he groomed these young boys and affected their life in such a profoundly devastating way. Others may have been raped or molested and even some minors but no one this young and in such a consistent and profound way as to change their very psyche.
At work I brought up how most people could pretty much agree that Michael Jackson probably touched kids, but there never was a huge backlash. I just theorized that yeah he touched kids, but everyone loves those songs so damn much that society was ok with him touching kids occasionally as repayment for Thriller and Billie Jean.
Old 01-27-19, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Re: Bryan Singer ... could it be that he is forced to keep a lower profile by the studios, so none of this has seemed to really get any traction?
Old 01-27-19, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts

Did Corey Feldman get anywhere with exposing the pedophiles in Hollywood like he claimed he was going to do?
Old 01-27-19, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't he require that people pay him to do so? In which case, it probably didn't happen.
Old 01-28-19, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't he require that people pay him to do so? In which case, it probably didn't happen.
He is one messed up dude...I question whether he is healthy enough to be believed.
Old 01-28-19, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by melasnus
He is one messed up dude...I question whether he is healthy enough to be believed.
Yeah which is terrible because all it takes is one less than credible victim for the public to throw shade to any future victims. Which is unfortunate.
Old 01-28-19, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mh4268
At work I brought up how most people could pretty much agree that Michael Jackson probably touched kids, but there never was a huge backlash. I just theorized that yeah he touched kids, but everyone loves those songs so damn much that society was ok with him touching kids occasionally as repayment for Thriller and Billie Jean.
I guess so but damn. The public was less gracious to Bill Cosby and what he did is (subjectively) not as bad.
Old 01-29-19, 09:19 AM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Corey Feldman named names. Anthony Edwards did too. It just didn’t gain any traction in the media because they aren’t people you’ve heard of.
Old 01-31-19, 08:56 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, I don't understand how Singer's been able to get away with this shit for so long, especially since it's never been a big secret.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Did Corey Feldman get anywhere with exposing the pedophiles in Hollywood like he claimed he was going to do?
Corey Feldman shopping doc on sex abuse in Hollywood at Sundance
https://pagesix.com/2019/01/28/corey...d-at-sundance/

Old 01-31-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Corey Feldman named names. Anthony Edwards did too. It just didn’t gain any traction in the media because they aren’t people you’ve heard of.
I guess “Some random production assistant with two IMDB credits tried to suck my dick” isn’t as compelling as “Kevin Spacey tried to suck my dick.”
Old 01-31-19, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Didn't Feldman accuse Charlie Sheen of raping Corey Haim during the Lucas production? That's the only name I remember in connection with Feldman and sex-abuse allegations.
Old 01-31-19, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Didn't Feldman accuse Charlie Sheen of raping Corey Haim during the Lucas production? That's the only name I remember in connection with Feldman and sex-abuse allegations.
In a book he claimed that Haim was sodomized on the set of Lucas, but never actually named Sheen. Everybody just sort of assumed that’s what he meant. Haim’s mother has said he was sexually assaulted, but not by Sheen.
Old 02-01-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I guess “Some random production assistant with two IMDB credits tried to suck my dick” isn’t as compelling as “Kevin Spacey tried to suck my dick.”
Well, Edwards did point a pretty damning finger at Gary Goddard, a known associate of Bryan Singer's, and hardly a lowly production assistant.

On a related note, I noticed Singer and Goddard's partially-completed, big-budget, stage-show-movie-whatever thingy BROADWAY 4D was recently removed from both of their IMDb pages, and the formerly impressive cast list deleted. Something tells me that one's never gonna see the light of day.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749372/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.