Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-18, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
For some reason this video of a 2014 "situation" where Mel B gets her ass touched is making the rounds on Twitter right now. The guy who is doing it, Louis Walsh, is Gay. I don't know, but it seems like some are not happy that because he is Gay the incident seemed to just be "laughed off" instead of dealt with as a person touching someone's ass without permission? Again, not sure why this video is now trending...other than people like me re-posting it.

I mean he is patting, grabbing, and shaking that delicious butt though....

2014 Video Resurfaced

Are you saying that behavior is okay?
Old 07-16-18, 04:24 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like Hardwick may be making television return with America's Got Talent. Last year he was a guest judge on an episode of Judge's Cuts, and it appears he is doing it again this year.

If this is true, I don't see how the show could edit him out (or reshoot with a different guest judge) since all of the acts have already performed and booked for live shows.

Hoping the episode doesn't get pulled!

“America’s Got Talent” is nearing the end of the audition phase. On the July 17 episode of “AGT,” we will see the first of the guest judges, actor Ken Jeong. He will help the four regular judges — Mel B, Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel — cull some of the acts that they have sent through in the past six weeks of shows.

As with the original fearsome foursome, Jeong also gets a Golden Buzzer that can send an act straight through to the live shows. Watch the leaked video above for a sneak peek of this coming Tuesday’s episode. It features the return of sharp shooter Aaron Crow who aims to fire an arrow at an apple sitting atop Heidi’s head while he is spinning around.

Over the following three Tuesdays, we will see a trio of other guest judges — TV host Chris Hardwick, country singer Martina McBride and actress Olivia Munn — join the panel for one-off appearances.
https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...eong-agt-news/
Old 07-16-18, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

^ Already discussed in the AGT thread under TV Talk.
Old 07-16-18, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
Are you saying that behavior is okay?
Who me? No, not at all. Where do you , or anyone else, get that?
Old 07-16-18, 06:14 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
^ Already discussed in the AGT thread under TV Talk.
Just saw that. Hoping they don't edit him out.
Old 07-16-18, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Jesus Christ... at worst Hardwick was an asshole boyfriend. The way he's being treated, you'd think the police found a bunch of dead runaways buried in his yard.
Old 07-25-18, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Hardwick back

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/...o-talking-dead

Chris Hardwick will be returning as host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick, IGN has learned.

AMC has issued a statement about reinstating Hardwick after conducting an internal investigation, following allegations of abuse from Hardwick's ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra, which were published in a Medium post without mentioning Hardwick by name.

“Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick. We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step," the statement reads.

Hardwick is expected to return to host Talking Dead for Fear the Walking Dead's midseason premiere on August 12. Due to production scheduling, we hear that Yvette Nicole Brown will still serve as interim host for The Walking Dead Season 9 Preview Special airing on August 5.
Old 07-25-18, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 913 Likes on 673 Posts

Glad to hear. We're still waiting to see all that evidence they have!
Old 07-25-18, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Hopefully, his AGT episode will run without cutting him out. NBC seems to have pushed his episode to the end of the guest judges shows. Not sure if that was always the planned order.
Old 07-25-18, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

This is still fucked up. Hardwick will still have the stench of the accusations wherever he goes and show, plus he lost several paychecks for not being part of San Diego Comic Con. Other companies might want to not work with him due to the allegations and AMC may drop him from either show if the ratings aren't there.

I'm all for the MeToo movement but there is a double edge sword when people like Aziz Anzari and Chris Hardwick are screwed personally and professionally because of jilted ex-girlfirends or dates in which they didn't do anything wrong other than breaking up or having bad sex.
Old 07-25-18, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I'm all for the MeToo movement but there is a double edge sword when people like Aziz Anzari and Chris Hardwick are screwed personally and professionally because of jilted ex-girlfirends or dates in which they didn't do anything wrong other than breaking up or having bad sex.
Except they both did more than that.
Old 07-25-18, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Good for Chris. It was unfair the way he was being treated, especially without any concrete evidence. He didn't deserve to lose his career and livelihood because he and this woman didn't work as a couple.

I'm sure he's probably getting a lot of hate on social media from these "MeToo" people who already judged him as some scumbag sexual terrorist.
Old 07-25-18, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg MacGuffin
Except they both did more than that.
Like what? Because in the case of Hardwick, it shows that the allegations couldn't be proven and Anzari's case, it was basically a case of the girl regretting giving Aziz a blowjob and having a bad date. He didn't rape her or forced her to do anything she didn't want to do.
Old 07-26-18, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Like what? Because in the case of Hardwick, it shows that the allegations couldn't be proven and Anzari's case, it was basically a case of the girl regretting giving Aziz a blowjob and having a bad date. He didn't rape her or forced her to do anything she didn't want to do.
What also bothered me is that this was all implied, and Dykstra never actually named Hardwick, perhaps to give herself some legal protection.
Old 07-26-18, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've read, and I haven't followed the thing too closely, it was Dykstra's current boyfriend who named Hardwick - and who knows whether he wasn't behind most of it? For all I know, he could be a controlling bastard himself, putting out these accusations and making her go along or at least keep quiet.
Old 07-26-18, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I think the #MeToo movement is mainly concerned about taking down famous and/or powerful men but not combatting sexual assault.

Why do I think that?

Anytime a woman accuses a famous and/or powerful man of some sort of sexual impropriety, the #MeToo movement reacts by believing EVERY accusation the woman said without question or asking for any evidence to back up the claim.

BUT....

...when the #120db movement started in order to deal with the serious issue of sexual assault and rape by Muslim immigrant men in Europe, the #MeToo movement reacts by believing NONE of the accusations by women and calling them all liars and "racists". Here's a typical reaction to #120db: ( https://www.salon.com/2018/02/11/far...hobia_partner/ ).

And if you think it's just a minor issue and I'm just "trolling", just note that in some European countries, Muslim men account for over 80% of the rapes by a stranger and over 90% of the gang rapes despite being a very small portion of the country's total population. But we live in a time in which "facts are racist" so that has to be swept under the rug and anyone who refuses to ignore the issue has to be denounced.

This sick attitude has the net effect of essentially giving Muslim men diplomatic immunity from committing rape. The only time these sexual assaults, which still happen regularly and are causing a right-wing shift in some places in Europe, made the news was when around 2,000 Muslim men sexually assaulted around 1,200 German women on New Year's 2016 - and even that was initially covered up by the news media for a few days until so many women were complaining that they couldn't keep it covered up anymore ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.529f5c3c0ec4 ).

So, IMO, those vastly different reactions to sexual assault stories means #MeToo is little about opposing sexual assault of women and more about just bring down famous and/or powerful men.
Old 07-26-18, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dhmac
I think the #MeToo movement is mainly concerned about taking down famous and/or powerful men but not combatting sexual assault.

Why do I think that?

Anytime a woman accuses a famous and/or powerful man of some sort of sexual impropriety, the #MeToo movement reacts by believing EVERY accusation the woman said without question or asking for any evidence to back up the claim.

BUT....

...when the #120db movement started in order to deal with the serious issue of sexual assault and rape by Muslim immigrant men in Europe, the #MeToo movement reacts by believing NONE of the accusations by women and calling them all liars and "racists". Here's a typical reaction to #120db: ( https://www.salon.com/2018/02/11/far...hobia_partner/ ).

And if you think it's just a minor issue and I'm just "trolling", just note that in some European countries, Muslim men account for over 80% of the rapes by a stranger and over 90% of the gang rapes despite being a very small portion of the country's total population. But we live in a time in which "facts are racist" so that has to be swept under the rug and anyone who refuses to ignore the issue has to be denounced.

This sick attitude has the net effect of essentially giving Muslim men diplomatic immunity from committing rape. The only time these sexual assaults, which still happen regularly and are causing a right-wing shift in some places in Europe, made the news was when around 2,000 Muslim men sexually assaulted around 1,200 German women on New Year's 2016 - and even that was initially covered up by the news media for a few days until so many women were complaining that they couldn't keep it covered up anymore ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.529f5c3c0ec4 ).

So, IMO, those vastly different reactions to sexual assault stories means #MeToo is little about opposing sexual assault of women and more about just bring down famous and/or powerful men.

I think you missed the point(its actually in the article). It's NOT that MeToo is ignoring these women...the issue is that the Racists in Europe are ADOPTING 120db to push their anti immigrant agendas. Those are the ones ignoring the women. Their Agenda is all about attacking immigrants, NOT helping these women.

So yeah, nice try trynna shit on MeToo....
Old 07-26-18, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by alfredog1976

So the system WORKS. As said earlier, if they find nothing Chris will be ok. Apparently they feel they found nothing.
Old 07-26-18, 11:50 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I think you missed the point(its actually in the article). It's NOT that MeToo is ignoring these women...the issue is that the Racists in Europe are ADOPTING 120db to push their anti immigrant agendas. Those are the ones ignoring the women. Their Agenda is all about attacking immigrants, NOT helping these women.

So yeah, nice try trynna shit on MeToo....
Yup.
Some people are just too deep into their bullshit.
Old 07-26-18, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So the system WORKS. As said earlier, if they find nothing Chris will be ok. Apparently they feel they found nothing.
Be ok? You don't think this hurt him massively, regardless of them finding nothing? And not just with his career, his own mental state has to be shook.
Old 07-26-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Interesting qualifier.
Old 07-26-18, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Noonan
Be ok? You don't think this hurt him massively, regardless of them finding nothing? And not just with his career, his own mental state has to be shook.

Why would finding nothing hurt him? Is his career over? IF...he did nothing then there is nothing to be mentally fucked up about.

Either way, I'm sure his LAWYERS are about to help him get over whatever hurt he may be feeling...
Old 07-26-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Interesting qualifier.
Yep....
Old 07-26-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why would finding nothing hurt him? Is his career over? IF...he did nothing then there is nothing to be mentally fucked up about.
I have a hard time believing you can't put yourself in his shoes and understand the mental aspect to this. Being accused of something you didn't do which goes public can have a massive effect on someone. And even if he did nothing (which seems to be the case) that doesn't mean that everyone he sees on the street will believe it.
Old 07-26-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Just like in this thread, there were many on his side. Probably very similar to his industry. I won't say it massively hurt him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.