Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Old 07-03-18, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Good call to whoever was first to suggest her as a replacement. It's almost like TWD fandom was prepped for her the last few years.
What about the other panels he was slated to moderate? He's been the the host or on a panel 10 times last year.
Old 07-03-18, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
What about the other panels he was slated to moderate? He's been the the host or on a panel 10 times last year.
I would imagine whoever is in charge of each panel has to decide who to use as a replacement.
Old 07-03-18, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spacey is in more hot water...

Kevin Spacey Faces Three New Sexual Assault Allegations in London
By Gene Maddaus @GeneMaddaus

Scotland Yard is investigating three new sexual assault allegations against Kevin Spacey, dating as far back as 1996.

London police had earlier confirmed three other investigations against the Oscar-winning actor, bringing the total to six.

The three new accusations were first reported by TMZ, and confirmed by police to Variety. On Feb. 8, a man reported that he had been sexually assaulted in 2008 in Lambeth, the borough of London where the Old Vic Theatre is located. Another man came forward on Feb. 14, saying that he had been sexually abused in Gloucester in 2013.

The third allegation concerns a man who alleges he was assaulted in Westminster in 1996. Each of the cases is being investigated by the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command of the Metropolitan Police. That includes the accusation from Gloucester, which is about 160 kilometers west of London.

The police launched the initial investigation in November, after receiving a report of a sexual assault that occurred in Lambeth in 2008. Another victim came forward that month to report an assault that occurred in Lambeth in 2005, and the third allegation in December concerned a case out of Westminster in 2005.

Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic for 11 years, starting in 2003. In November, the theater’s board of trustees announced that 20 men had come forward with claims against Spacey. The board issued an apology, noting that a “cult of personality” around Spacey may have intimidated young actors from coming forward earlier.
And Guy Pierce had some words about their time on Hollywood Confidential:

Kevin Spacey's 'L.A. Confidential' Co-Star Says He Was a "Handsy Guy"
7:39 AM PDT 7/3/2018 by Ryan Parker

Spacey, a two-time Oscar winner, has all but vanished from Hollywood after he was accused by numerous men of sexual misconduct last year. The first accuser was Anthony Rapp, who said Spacey assaulted him when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.

Pearce and Spacey both starred in the 1997 hit L.A. Confidential.

While visiting Andrew Denton's chat show, the Aussie actor was asked about his time working with Spacey.

“Yeah…yeah," he began. "Tough one to talk about at the moment. Amazing actor; incredible actor. Mmm. Slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah," he said according to clips and The Sydney Morning Herald.

After a brief pause, he added, “He’s a handsy guy. Thankfully I was 29 and not 14."

The former star of Netflix's House of Cards has been accused of sexual assault by a number of men in the U.S. and England, with authorities in both countries opening criminal investigations.

Amid the subsequent fallout, Spacey was fired from the Netflix drama and replaced in Ridley Scott’s big-screen crime thriller All the Money in the World.

But he is set to return to theaters, albeit in limited release, in Billionaire Boys Club, which is set to hit the big screen on Aug. 17 following a mid-July VOD debut.
Old 07-04-18, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Is Pearce gay or was Spacey handsy with EVERY male Co-star, gay or otherwise? Geez!

I wonder if he tried to grope Samuel L. Jackson when they worked together too.
Old 07-04-18, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Is Pearce gay or was Spacey handsy with EVERY male Co-star, gay or otherwise? Geez!

I wonder if he tried to grope Samuel L. Jackson when they worked together too.
Did he ever work with Terry Crews?
Old 07-05-18, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 397 Likes on 265 Posts

Get your MOTHERFUCKING hands off my MOTHERFUCKING penis.
--------

Do I look like a bitch?
what?
Do I LOOK like a BITCH?
no
Then why you gotta grope me like a bitch?

-------------

Do you think if I grope a 14 year old boy I should be free in 10 years?

No sir.

Do you think if I sexually assault a minor I should be free in 10 years?

No sir

Well what do you think should happen to me? What would be a fair sentence? Do you think I deserve to die? ANSWER THE QUESTION. DO I DESERVE TO DIE?

YES YOU DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL.

--------------------

WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?

what?

WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?

I don't know.

YOU TOUCHED MY SHAFT.

what?

YOU TOUCHED MY SHAFT. SAY IT!!

I touched your shaft!

I knew it way back when I was a kid.....They called me Mister Grab my Ass.
Old 07-05-18, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

damn Spacey was a predator
Old 07-05-18, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Will Spacey get the same, "We need more proof..." treatment that the "MeToo has gone too far!" folks give to situations where the accused is harassing women?
Old 07-05-18, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

20 people came forward with complaints about him per that article alone. Are you trying to compare Spacey to Hardwick? Cause the situations couldn't be more different.
Old 07-05-18, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Noonan
20 people came forward with complaints about him per that article alone. Are you trying to compare Spacey to Hardwick? Cause the situations couldn't be more different.

Please. If 19 more women came out against Hardwick the same folks would still want "more proof" and claim "he's being unfairly treated".
Old 07-05-18, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Please. If 19 more women came out against Hardwick the same folks would still want "more proof" and claim "he's being unfairly treated".
Well I'm one of those "folks" and no...I wouldn't. Might I remind you that his accuser has still, to this day, not named him as the person she wrote about. How can you possibly even consider that it's similar to Spacey who has had probably 30+ accuse him by name and back when it actually happened?
Old 07-05-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

More than a dozen women accused Trump of harassment but those "folks" still support him so..
Old 07-05-18, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Noonan
Well I'm one of those "folks" and no...I wouldn't. Might I remind you that his accuser has still, to this day, not named him as the person she wrote about. How can you possibly even consider that it's similar to Spacey who has had probably 30+ accuse him by name and back when it actually happened?
Not really saying it's the same. Just saying anti MeToo folks fit a profile....
Old 07-05-18, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by nando820
More than a dozen women accused Trump of harassment but those "folks" still support him so..
Bill Clinton as well...
Old 07-05-18, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Right now there is an interesting Sexual Harassment scandal in the Cosplay world where people are coming out(been ongoing actually) against a popular woman cosplayer. The allegations are that she does a lot of touching and filming of people without consent. People have said she has slapped their ass, pulled their tops down, etc. I believe its both women and men who have said she has done stuff.

Cosplayers have been pushing the "Cosplay is NOT Consent" anti-harassment campaign for a few years now targeted at Geeky Men AND Women at Conventions who assume a sexy cosplays mean they can touch the cosplayer and sneak pics of their ass or tits without asking first.
Old 07-05-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The Cosplay thing sounds similar to the stuff Ron Jeremy is accused of where he would get handsy with people at conventions because he assumes they are there for that reason and expect it from him. I am not condoning either I am just saying the actions sound similar and is probably an issue at both types of conventions.
Old 07-05-18, 02:06 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow... you couldn't be more wrong.

Kevin Spacey (along with Weinstein, Cosby, etc) have had MULTIPLE, CREDIBLE sources speak out against them. For these "folks" to say, "We need more proof" or, "He's being treated unfairly" means they are turning a blind eye to the information right in front of their faces. And honestly, I haven't heard ONE person defending ANY of these three guys.

Hardwick is a whole different story. I'll admit, I am a huge fan of Chris Hardwick, and when I first read the essay, I was heartbroken that someone I really liked could be so cruel and do such terrible things. And at that point, I didn't know where the truth stood but I immediately felt it was more towards Chloe's version of it. That feeling has since changed, since she's:

• NEVER named Hardwick one in the essay or post posting
• Gone silent on the whole ordeal and ignoring any followup that should happen
• Has gone and changed her essay from saying "sexually assault" to "sexually violate"
• After getting backlash from changing her essay, changing it back to "sexual assault"
• Deleting past reddit posts that contradict anything she wrote in her essay

Not to mention Hardwick denying the statements, releasing texts that don't paint her in the best light, AND having three past long-term relationships speak out in defense of him.

Does that mean Chloe is not telling the truth? Not necessarily, but as of now, she's starting to come off as the bitter ex wanting to ruin Hardwick's career.

But according to you, despite the evidence out there, we must ALWAYS BELIEVE THE ACCUSER because we live in a black and white world where they are always the victim and the accused is always the bad guy. It could NEVER be anything besides that.

Glad I'm not one of "you folks."
Old 07-05-18, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Matto1020
Wow... you couldn't be more wrong.

Kevin Spacey (along with Weinstein, Cosby, etc) have had MULTIPLE, CREDIBLE sources speak out against them. For these "folks" to say, "We need more proof" or, "He's being treated unfairly" means they are turning a blind eye to the information right in front of their faces. And honestly, I haven't heard ONE person defending ANY of these three guys.

Hardwick is a whole different story. I'll admit, I am a huge fan of Chris Hardwick, and when I first read the essay, I was heartbroken that someone I really liked could be so cruel and do such terrible things. And at that point, I didn't know where the truth stood but I immediately felt it was more towards Chloe's version of it. That feeling has since changed, since she's:

• NEVER named Hardwick one in the essay or post posting
• Gone silent on the whole ordeal and ignoring any followup that should happen
• Has gone and changed her essay from saying "sexually assault" to "sexually violate"
• After getting backlash from changing her essay, changing it back to "sexual assault"
• Deleting past reddit posts that contradict anything she wrote in her essay

Not to mention Hardwick denying the statements, releasing texts that don't paint her in the best light, AND having three past long-term relationships speak out in defense of him.

Does that mean Chloe is not telling the truth? Not necessarily, but as of now, she's starting to come off as the bitter ex wanting to ruin Hardwick's career.

But according to you, despite the evidence out there, we must ALWAYS BELIEVE THE ACCUSER because we live in a black and white world where they are always the victim and the accused is always the bad guy. It could NEVER be anything besides that.

Glad I'm not one of "you folks."
Please I've said in a few posts I'm waiting for her evidence just like the rest of you Hardwick Wickriders.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-06-18 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-06-18, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I wish him luck.

<iframe src="//vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/l91eZbioNV5p" width="624" height="351" allow="autoplay" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Raiders cornerback Gareon Conley sues woman who accused him of rape

In 2017, Conley became one of the big stories of the draft when he was accused of raping a woman weeks before the draft. The investigation was ongoing during the draft, and Conley — considered one of the top cornerback prospects in the class — fell a bit amid the uncertainty. The Raiders took him 24th overall.

Conley was cleared in the case last July. A grand jury declined charges against him. Conley, according to TMZ, is now suing the woman who accused him, claiming he lost money due to the draft fall and also lost some endorsement opportunities.
Conley gives his side of the story

TMZ cited court documents in its story, and said Conley claims the accuser “aggressively tried to have sex with him during the night in question” but he turned her down, she was embarrassed and then she lied to officials out of spite.

The incident in question happened on April 9 last year in Cleveland. Conley met a woman and she accused him of having sex with her after she told him to stop. No charges were ever brought and Conley was cleared after a long investigation. In court documents for his lawsuit, TMZ said Conley accused her of “malicious criminal prosecution.”

There was no way for Conley to recoup the money he lost after sliding in the draft. Conley signed a $10.467 million, four-year deal with the Raiders. For a comparison, Conley’s Ohio State teammate Marshon Lattimore went 11th overall to the New Orleans Saints and got a four-year deal worth $15.36 million.
Old 07-09-18, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts

Will Spacey get the same, "We need more proof..." treatment that the "MeToo has gone too far!" folks give to situations where the accused is harassing women?
I just want to know if he'll get the same MeToo treatment as a Hollywood liberal, or if sexual harassment when it happens within the Left's camp is treated the same as when it happens elsewhere.
Old 07-09-18, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What?

Please rearrange your words to make sense.
Old 07-09-18, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

For some reason this video of a 2014 "situation" where Mel B gets her ass touched is making the rounds on Twitter right now. The guy who is doing it, Louis Walsh, is Gay. I don't know, but it seems like some are not happy that because he is Gay the incident seemed to just be "laughed off" instead of dealt with as a person touching someone's ass without permission? Again, not sure why this video is now trending...other than people like me re-posting it.

I mean he is patting, grabbing, and shaking that delicious butt though....

2014 Video Resurfaced

Old 07-09-18, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

It wouldn't be okay if a woman grabbed her ass, same thing with a gay dude. And no one is 100% gay or 100% straight, it's a spectrum. A guy could be very gay and would still want to grab a woman's ass, doesn't make it okay. At least she called him out on it.
Old 07-09-18, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
I just want to know if he'll get the same MeToo treatment as a Hollywood liberal, or if sexual harassment when it happens within the Left's camp is treated the same as when it happens elsewhere.
Huh?
Politics?
Uhhhhh….
Old 07-09-18, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
It wouldn't be okay if a woman grabbed her ass, same thing with a gay dude. And no one is 100% gay or 100% straight, it's a spectrum. A guy could be very gay and would still want to grab a woman's ass, doesn't make it okay. At least she called him out on it.
Same as ScarJo when Mizrahi groped her titty.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.