Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-17, 01:26 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein (New York Times

Why all the "where's Tarantino" talk? Has Robert Rodriguez made a statement? What's he hiding? Oh he's probably a sexual harasser. Lock him up already.
Old 10-11-17, 01:29 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts
Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein (New York Times

Rodriguez is more interesting especially since he left his wife for McGowan. But as Matt Damon said (even if he is deflecting), the story isn't about him or anyone else that is associated with him. It is about these women. It seems media is trying to do whatever they can to cast a wide net and take down other people just because they worked with him.

Another video of Ben Affleck and a host is now circulating...
Old 10-11-17, 01:30 PM

When I first started to work as an actress, i was working on a film and I received a call from‎ Harvey Weinstein asking if I had slept with any of the women I was seen out with in the media. It was a very odd and uncomfortable call....i answered none of his questions and hurried off the phone but before I hung up, he said to me that If I was gay or decided to be with a woman especially in public that I'd never get the role of a straight woman or make it as an actress in Hollywood. A year or two later, I went to a meeting with him in the lobby of a hotel with a director about an upcoming film. The director left the meeting and Harvey asked me to stay and chat with him. As soon as we were alone he began to brag about all the actresses he had slept with and how he had made their careers and spoke about other inappropriate things of a sexual nature. He then invited me to his room. I quickly declined and asked his assistant if my car was outside. She said it wasn't and wouldn't be for a bit and I should go to his room. At that moment I felt very powerless and scared but didn't want to act that way hoping that I was wrong about the situation. When I arrived I was relieved to find another woman in his room and thought immediately I was safe. He asked us to kiss and she began some sort of advances upon his direction. I swiftly got up and asked him if he knew that I could sing. And I began to sing....i thought it would make the situation better....more professional....like an audition....i was so nervous. After singing I said again that I had to leave. He walked me to the door and stood in front of it and tried to kiss me on the lips. I stopped him and managed to get out of the room. I still got the part for the film and always thought that he gave it to me because of what happened. Since then I felt awful that I did the movie. I felt like I didn't deserve the part. I was so hesitant about speaking out....I didn't want to hurt his family. I felt guilty as if I did something wrong. I was also terrified that this sort of thing had happened to so many women I know but no one had said anything because of fear.

A post shared by Cara Delevingne (@caradelevingne) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2017-10-11T17:39:37+00:00">Oct 11, 2017 at 10:39am PDT</time>

<script async defer src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>
Old 10-11-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Why all the "where's Tarantino" talk? Has Robert Rodriguez made a statement? What's he hiding? Oh he's probably a sexual harasser. Lock him up already.
I'm wondering if Salma Hayek has any stories.
Old 10-11-17, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I'm wondering if Salma Hayek has any stories.
Her Trump story is pretty good.
Old 10-11-17, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Another video of Ben Affleck and a host is now circulating...
I'm not sure what I"m missing in that video...looks like a normal arm on the back hug....

Lol, Drudge's current headline "Good Will Punting"
Old 10-11-17, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artman
I'm not sure what I"m missing in that video...looks like a normal arm on the back hug....

That’s the older video previously discussed. A new one is now out of him having the interviewer on his lap saying she would be better if she were topless.
Old 10-11-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

If saying that is considered groping, I guess every adult in the world is guilty. Did he force her on his lap?
Old 10-11-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Not to mention Polanski's accuser had forgiven him (not that it excuses him, it's just not as bad as Weistein's shit).
Oh for fucks sake...
Old 10-11-17, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman

He reaches around her back and grabs her left breast.

As for Tarantino, Rodriguez et al, they are well-entrenched members of Miramax/The Weinstein Co. It would behoove them speak out, because silence is seen as being complicit.

Last edited by Defiant1; 10-11-17 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-11-17, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

And the hits just keep coming ...

'I had to defend myself': the night Harvey Weinstein jumped on me

Léa Seydoux

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...in-lea-seydoux

We were talking on the sofa when he suddenly jumped on me and tried to kiss me. I had to defend myself. He’s big and fat, so I had to be forceful to resist him. I left his room, thoroughly disgusted. I wasn’t afraid of him, though. Because I knew what kind of man he was all along.

Since that night in his hotel room, I’ve seen him on many other occasions. We are in the same industry, so its impossible to avoid him. I’ve seen how he operates: the way he looks for an opening. The way he tests women to see what he can get away with.

Old 10-11-17, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Jeeze, at this point, it might be easier to come up with a list of women Weinstein didn't harass.
Old 10-11-17, 03:12 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just saw the video of Affleck, you can see the perv face after he just grabbed her boob and he even says "yeah i just pulled that move". You can tell he thought he was the shit then..
Yet i don't think he is equal to Harvey, that guy sounds like a complete creep, forcing his fat self on young girls like Jabba the Hut.

Also with so many actresses he has harassed. Its impossible to not believe half of Hollywood knew and just decided to keep quiet.
Hypocrites! when the pussygrabber president does it, they all scream of morality, yet they had their own monster they kept feeding young talent to

Last edited by nando820; 10-11-17 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-11-17, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Léa Seydoux too:

When I first met Harvey Weinstein, it didn’t take me long to figure him out. We were at a fashion show. He was charming, funny, smart – but very domineering. He wanted to meet me for drinks and insisted we had to make an appointment that very night. This was never going to be about work. He had other intentions – I could see that very clearly.

We met in the lobby of his hotel. His assistant, a young woman, was there. All throughout the evening, he flirted and stared at me as if I was a piece of meat. He acted as if he were considering me for a role. But I knew that was bullshit. I knew it, because I could see it in his eyes. He had a lecherous look. He was using his power to get sex.

He invited me to come to his hotel room for a drink. We went up together. It was hard to say no because he’s so powerful. All the girls are scared of him. Soon, his assistant left and it was just the two of us. That’s the moment where he started losing control.

We were talking on the sofa when he suddenly jumped on me and tried to kiss me. I had to defend myself. He’s big and fat, so I had to be forceful to resist him. I left his room, thoroughly disgusted. I wasn’t afraid of him, though. Because I knew what kind of man he was all along.

That’s the most disgusting thing. Everyone knew what Harvey was up to and no one did anything. It’s unbelievable that he’s been able to act like this for decades and still keep his career. That’s only possible because he has a huge amount of power.

In this industry, there are directors who abuse their position. They are very influential, that’s how they can do that. With Harvey, it was physical. With others, its just words. Sometimes, it feels like you have to be very strong to be a woman in the film industry. It’s very common to encounter these kinds of men.

The first time a director made an inappropriate comment to me, I was in my mid 20s. He was a director I really liked and respected. We were alone and he said to me: “I wish I could have sex with you, I wish I could fuck you.”

He said it in a way that was half joking and half serious. I was very angry. I was trying to do my job and he made me very uncomfortable. He has slept with all of the actresses he filmed.

Another director I worked with would film very long sex scenes that lasted days. He kept watching us, replaying the scenes over and over again in a kind of stupor. It was very gross.

Yet another director tried to kiss me. Like Weinstein, I had to physically push him away, too. He acted like a crazy man, deranged by the fact that I didn’t want to have sex with him.
Old 10-11-17, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
That’s the older video previously discussed. A new one is now out of him having the interviewer on his lap saying she would be better if she were topless.
Yeah, the one with Anne Marie Losique seems a lot more damning, I mean he basically holds her for a few minutes, talking about why she isn't showing more cleavage, that she should work at Fox TV where there's a stripper pole, and if she's wearing a nipple ring. Though apparently it was consensual, it's still really really creepy and he seems drunk throughout it.

The other one with the One Tree Hill actress on TRL, the footage they're showing comes from some TRL special showing their scandalous moments, so I guess it's been out in the open for a while now? Screw the producers of that show for making her relive and comment on it in a joking manner.

Last edited by fujishig; 10-11-17 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-11-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

The first time a director made an inappropriate comment to me, I was in my mid 20s. He was a director I really liked and respected. We were alone and he said to me: “I wish I could have sex with you, I wish I could fuck you.”

He said it in a way that was half joking and half serious. I was very angry. I was trying to do my job and he made me very uncomfortable. He has slept with all of the actresses he filmed.
A director she liked and respected... she was in her "mid 20s" (24) when she was in Inglourious Basterds.
Hmmmm.
Old 10-11-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jessica Barth too...

Old 10-11-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Oh for fucks sake...
Exactly.
Old 10-11-17, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Christ... I wonder if they've put Weinstein on suicide watch yet.
Old 10-11-17, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

He's attacked so many French actresses, Interpol should come after him.
Old 10-11-17, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Christ... I wonder if they've put Weinstein on suicide watch yet.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/11/harvey...threat-police/
Old 10-11-17, 04:13 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
A director she liked and respected... she was in her "mid 20s" (24) when she was in Inglourious Basterds.
Hmmmm.
hmmm sounds right
Old 10-11-17, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Jeeze, at this point, it might be easier to come up with a list of women Weinstein didn't harass.
1) Meryl Streep
2) Dame Judy Dench

That's all I got.
Old 10-11-17, 04:19 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I don't know guys, where's the actual proof, though?

/s (heavy HEAVY sarcasm)
Old 10-11-17, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Oh for fucks sake...
Yeah this might be one of the stupidest statements ever in this forum. Especially when you see him thumping his chest about Trump in the Otter forum.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.