Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Old 11-17-17, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I think if you read my post right before yours, your statement pretty much sums up why women are hesitant to come out about stuff like this. Your reasoning for not believing her is essentially that she is a Republican? Franken ran for Election in 2008 and 2014, and she did not bring this up as it could have sunk him in the polls like Roy Moore in Alabama. She also said yesterday (To Jake Tapper) she accepts his apology and doesn't think he should resign.
No, she is bringing it up now as many women are coming forward with REAL stories of abuse and she just wants a moment in the limelight with what is tantamount to a guy playing a gag and not even touching her (when she claims he did). She accepts his apology as she realizes that the kissing thing is a he said/she said situation based around a skit where they were supposed to kiss and a photo of him joking around and NOT touching her.

I will stick to giving my support to the women who have suffered abuse thanks.
Old 11-17-17, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

We're not going to have any old actor's left after all this is said and done. LOL
Old 11-17-17, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

Vice Suspends Film Producer Jason Mojica Amid Sexual Harassment Investigation

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...nt-1202617460/
Old 11-17-17, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

While I believe Tweeden and don't excuse Franken, given where she worked in the early '00s I do have a hard time believing that this is her worst #metoo story.
Old 11-17-17, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by badlieut
The photographer said the photo is staged and they are fake sleeping. Someone who was there said they were all joking and laughing. And Roger Stone said Franken is going to get his well before the story came out. Something doesn't smell right on this one.
Of course somethings not right. This is a clear case of someone trying to create a case of abuse out of nothing. I can imagine most models act like royal bitches most of the time and don't like it when men don't bow down and grovel to them. He probably played nice, she played it cold and he joked at her expense. She didn't like it and now shes trying to get some revenge.

This is the issue i have with the climate at the moment. There are real abuse stories with women and those are being lessened in importance of impact due to morons like this that try dragging anything they consider inappropriate action against them in the past and destroying peoples lives who they have a personal vendetta against. Any slight is being turned into a case of abuse. Abuse comes in many forms, but if we were going to make accusations of abuse for anyone thats ever had a practical joke played on them (and one that involved no physical contact at that) then we would all be reporting people.
Old 11-17-17, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
While I believe Tweeden and don't excuse Franken, given where she worked in the early '00s I do have a hard time believing that this is her worst #metoo story.
Agreed. She's a gorgeous woman in the military - no way Franken was the only person to harass her. Though he's probably the most famous person to do so.
Old 11-17-17, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Of course somethings not right. This is a clear case of someone trying to create a case of abuse out of nothing. I can imagine most models act like royal bitches most of the time and don't like it when men don't bow down and grovel to them. He probably played nice, she played it cold and he joked at her expense. She didn't like it and now shes trying to get some revenge.

This is the issue i have with the climate at the moment. There are real abuse stories with women and those are being lessened in importance of impact due to morons like this that try dragging anything they consider inappropriate action against them in the past and destroying peoples lives who they have a personal vendetta against. Any slight is being turned into a case of abuse. Abuse comes in many forms, but if we were going to make accusations of abuse for anyone thats ever had a practical joke played on them (and one that involved no physical contact at that) then we would all be reporting people.
You don't consider this "inappropriate action"?
Old 11-17-17, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

where is the damn picture so I can unjustifiably claim guilty or not guilty
Old 11-17-17, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Agreed. She's a gorgeous woman in the military - no way Franken was the only person to harass her. Though he's probably the most famous person to do so.
Wait, what? When was she in the military? I'm so confused now.
Old 11-17-17, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I was thinking more of her Fox Sports days where she was the beautiful woman surrounded by a bunch of C list celebrities and ex-jocks. It made me that there might be some other calculus involved in naming Franken, and again I do believe her.
Old 11-17-17, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wait, what? When was she in the military? I'm so confused now.
Oops, I meant working with people in the military, not a part of them.
Old 11-17-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

But she said in her interview on her show that she was never treated that way, had someone forcibly kiss her and stick their tongue in her mouth, by anyone else in sports, in her support of the military, etc. Why lie now?

Here's her whole interview on her stations page. http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
Old 11-17-17, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Draven
You don't consider this "inappropriate action"?
Exactly. While I get James2025a thoughts on the current climate, we must be careful that we don't downplay these women to quickly. If she felt violated, uncomfortable, or that she was now in a hostile work environment then who are we to say she is not legit?
Old 11-17-17, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No, she is bringing it up now as many women are coming forward with REAL stories of abuse and she just wants a moment in the limelight with what is tantamount to a guy playing a gag and not even touching her (when she claims he did). She accepts his apology as she realizes that the kissing thing is a he said/she said situation based around a skit where they were supposed to kiss and a photo of him joking around and NOT touching her.

I will stick to giving my support to the women who have suffered abuse thanks.
Who the hell are you? You're now the judge of what women should feel? I'm captain Save-a-Chick BTW but seriously...
You don't get that what pissed her off about the pic was 1. his forcing his mouth to hers and sticking his tongue in when SHE ASKED THAT THEY TURN THEIR HEADS TO THE RIGHT. This after badgering her to "rehearse" the kiss in a very "Weinstein like Manner"... She said that in her interview. and 2. He created a shitty work climate after the kiss rejection thus making things fucked up for her for the rest of the tour. The pics was the "Fuck you bitch" icing on the cake.

Male Privilege. Patriarchy. Misogyny.
Old 11-17-17, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Roger Stone appears to have known about Al Franken allegations before they went public

Roger Stone says it's Al Franken's "time in the barrel". Franken next in long list of Democrats to be accused of "grabby" behavior.
Old 11-17-17, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

I guess I should have bolded this entire paragraph. Your supposition of this incident is off the charts. Do you personally know this Leeann Tweeden?
Old 11-17-17, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Franchot
I guess I should have bolded this entire paragraph. Your supposition of this incident is off the charts. Do you personally know this Leeann Tweeden?
I know, right? I pray no women in his life ever have to deal with harassment...or his lack of empathy.
Old 11-17-17, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So if Amazon dumps Jeffrey Tambor from Transparent, does Netflix also dump him from Arrested Development?
Old 11-17-17, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

If anyone ever wonders "why don't these women come forward sooner?"...
Old 11-17-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

If something happens with Arrested Developement Season 5 because of the Tambor accusations, it'll be the first time this has really landed on my doorstep, as AD is one of my favorite shows of alltime. Shit just got real.
Old 11-18-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Ah so all of this only matters if it affects something you like. Gotcha.
Old 11-18-17, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
If something happens with Arrested Developement Season 5 because of the Tambor accusations, it'll be the first time this has really landed on my doorstep, as AD is one of my favorite shows of alltime. Shit just got real.
They can just put his character back in jail and I'll be fine.
Old 11-18-17, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Tambor was easily my least favorite character on AD. No real loss if they drop him.
Old 11-18-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

The Royals' showrunner has been suspended from the show after the entire female cast signed a letter complaining of his behavior. That is the Liz Hurley show on the E! network.
Old 11-18-17, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report

In the Guardian article posted today, the newspaper’s Observer sister paper claims to have “gained access to a secret hitlist of almost 100 prominent individuals targeted by Harvey Weinstein in an extraordinary attempt to discover what they knew about sexual misconduct claims against him and whether they were intending to go public.”

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.