Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-17, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

The Louis C.K. one is the first of these where I’m a big fan. I’ve heard these rumors before but nothing ever seemed to have came of them so I dismissed them. I’m hoping for some clarification.
Old 11-09-17, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
This dropped about five years ago on gawker as a blind item, though it was pretty unambiguous that it was Loius C.K.

On the other hand, the consensus that the female comedy duo he jerked off in front of was Garfunkel and Oates.
Old 11-09-17, 06:07 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Because it's totally fucking true.
No, we don't know that for sure. Due process, man.
Old 11-09-17, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

I wonder how much money has changed hands behind the scenes since this Weinstein fallout began.

For all the people who have gone public about their harassment/assaults, I'm sure there are more than a few rather less than scrupulous victims who have contacted their assaulter with something like: "I'm about to go public with my accusation against you. Unless of course, you'd like to make me a financial offer I can't refuse."

As well I'm sure there are quite a few bigwigs who, sensing the tidal wave of change, quickly had their attorneys contact any potential accusers and had them silenced with lucrative financial agreements.
Old 11-09-17, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone wants to read all these blind items that have been cited for years without trolling a dozen sites and the comment articles within, there’s a charmingly-dated website that is basically a blind-item aggregate that posts the common-consensus “answers“ at the bottom of each blind item:

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEM.../NOVEMBER.html

It’s literally like a 90s Geocity-grade website but you can go back month-by-month to when it probably looked like a modern website. When I first stumbled across it like 2 or 3 years ago I kept going back further and further until I realized I was reading late-90s blind items and hours had flown by.

The Spacey stuff has been in these blinds for years. Philip Seymore Hoffman’s drug use was well-documented when the phony Hollywood press seemed content with his post-relapse treatment. Craziest thing I ever saw confirmed was when they reported that Prince was going to die within a week of his death. There was also a socialite who was reported as a likely suicide when she went missing days before they found her body.
Old 11-09-17, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I read that site on a weekly basis. I'm shocked at how much turns out true.
Old 11-09-17, 07:32 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

That blind item website is crazy. How concrete is that? It seems to suggest Tom Hanks could be named... amongst other crazy things.
Old 11-09-17, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
That blind item website is crazy. How concrete is that? It seems to suggest Tom Hanks could be named... amongst other crazy things.
Even if half of the blind items are true, it makes Hollywood worse than Sodom and Gomorrah.
Old 11-09-17, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Even if half of the blind items are true, it makes Hollywood worse than Sodom and Gomorrah.
I can’t stop reading. Some of this stuff is really bubble bursting.
Old 11-09-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm struggling to read through the site because of the ads.
Old 11-09-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HBO has pulled Lucky Louie and his comedy specials from HBO Go/Now/On Demand and he's been pulled from a planned stand up set at next saturday's "night of too many stars' benefit
Old 11-09-17, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

That stuff about "the island" . . . good gawd.
Old 11-09-17, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
That stuff about "the island" . . . good gawd.
Freaking sick!!! Read the original post and the comments sections.
Old 11-09-17, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Next! Allison Mack.
Just to follow up on this.

Allison Mack: Smallville Star Outed as "Master" of Sex-Slave Cult

'Dynasty' Actress Believes Daughter Is Being Held Captive By Cult That Brands Women

Inside a Secretive Group Where Women Are Branded
Old 11-09-17, 08:43 PM

I liked the blind item that says the director of The Snowman threw himself under the bus about why the movie sucks when the real reason is Fassbender was too busy fucking everybody.
Old 11-09-17, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

I dunno... a lot of the stories from that site seem kinda of out there.
Old 11-09-17, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I liked the blind item that says the director of The Snowman threw himself under the bus about why the movie sucks when the real reason is Fassbender was too busy fucking everybody.

Link?
Old 11-09-17, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I dunno... a lot of the stories from that site seem kinda of out there.
They definitely do. I certainly don’t believe all of em but read em for a while and you’ll see tons of them come true.

I agree that the “island” stuff is a bit too “Pizzagate” for my tastes, but the overwhelming majority is actually plausible and again, frequently-corroborated.
Old 11-09-17, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Add Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner to the list!

Old 11-09-17, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

I guess if your last name is Weiner, you're gonna wind up being a creep.
Old 11-09-17, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Damn - I have tickets to a book reading he’s giving tomorrow.
Old 11-09-17, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Damn - I have tickets to a book reading he’s giving tomorrow.
Hope you get to see him naked - he owes you.
Old 11-09-17, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Link?
It’s in the link posted in post 955. Back a few months.
Old 11-09-17, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Although Jenny McCarthy first accused Steven Seagal of sexual misconduct back in 1998, amid new allegations against the actor, McCarthy, 45, detailed her casting couch experience with Seagal, 65, on SiriusXM.

“They sent me out for Under Siege 2,” McCarthy began, describing a 1995 film Seagal starred in, adding that she “purposefully wore a muumuu to the audition so the casting people would actually look at my face and watch my work.”

When it was finally her turn to audition, McCarthy said she noticed “there was no one else in the room,” but she convinced herself that wasn’t a problem because “he’s a celebrity.”

“So I stand across from him and he plops onto a sofa that’s near a fireplace,” she continued. “And he points at the sofa cushion next to him saying to me, ‘Take a seat. Relax.’ I said, ‘No thank you! I’m just really excited to read for this part. And I have so much energy I need to stand.’ ”

McCarthy then detailed how the actor went “on and on about how he spent time in Asia working on missions” adding that he was “watching out of one eye to see if I take the bait.” And then McCarthy claims he told her, ‘’‘You know, this part has nudity in it. And I can’t really tell what your body looks like in that dress that you’re wearing.’ ”

“In my head I’m like, ‘Okay here we go. Sound the alarms, this is not a test this is the real thing, activate all defense systems,'” McCarthy continued. “But I so wanted to legitimately read for this part that I wasn’t gonna give up yet. So I told him, ‘Listen. My agent says there’s no nudity. I specifically asked her and she said no.’

McCarthy then claimed Seagal told her “there is off-camera nudity,” before asking her to lower her dress for him.

“In shock, of course I responded with, ‘Could we please read the scene,’ ” but she said again he asked her if she could lower her dress “so I can see your breasts.”

“I paused, I looked up at him, went from shocked to sadness, my eyes filled with water and I yelled, ‘Go buy my Playboy video — it’s on sale for $19.99’ and just took off,” she continued, adding that as she was about to open the door to her car, the actor — who she said had followed her — told her not to tell anybody, “or else.”

“So I get into my car and I just burst into tears,” she said, adding that she didn’t know what the actor meant by “or else,” but that after that encounter, she was ready “to move back to Chicago.”

“It was so disheartening,” she continued. “And I thought about like, ‘I was the last girl that day. How many girls had to take off their clothes? How many girls had to do more?’ It just so grossed me out.”

A spokesman for Seagal previously denied McCarthy’s claims to The Daily Beast. Representatives for Seagal have not responded to PEOPLE’s request for comment regarding any of the claims.

In late October, Seagal joined the list of major Hollywood figures accused of sexual misconduct in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal when Inside Edition correspondent Lisa Guerrero accused Seagal of trying to proposition her.

On Wednesday, actress Portia de Rossi tweeted about her alleged experience with Seagal saying that “her final audition for a Steven Seagal movie took place in his office” and that “he told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his pants.”
Old 11-10-17, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

I can foresee a future SNL skit where, 30 years from now, Harvey, Spacey, Ratner, Toback, etc., are all living in the same old folks home where they congregate and reminisce about the "good old days," while Spacey tries to grab everybody's crotch, Harvey starts to masturbate into a potted plant and Toback propositions all the old ladies there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.