Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Originally Posted by Groucho
Given who his dad allegedly is, I think he's safe.
"allegedly"?

I think you mean "obviously"!

Old 11-07-17, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
He denies the incident and even knowing who she is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbM4P6jB...-by=edwestwick
No idea who to believe. Maybe she mistook him for another CW actor? They all look alike.
Old 11-07-17, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Nicolas Cage is pretty much already there. I don't know how his career tanked so hard in the last few years. Didn't Cage and Spacey win their Oscars in the same year too?
Cage won a Oscar in 1996 for Leavng Las Vegas a long time ago though I think he was nominated for Adaptation in 2000 and Spacey probably a year earlier won for American Beauty.
Old 11-07-17, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Cage won a Oscar in 1996 for Leavng Las Vegas a long time ago though I think he was nominated for Adaptation in 2000 and Spacey probably a year earlier won for American Beauty.
His Usual Suspects supporting win was the same year as Cage.
Old 11-07-17, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Nicolas Cage is pretty much already there. I don't know how his career tanked so hard in the last few years. Didn't Cage and Spacey win their Oscars in the same year too?
Cage had tax issues among other things and once you start down the "I'll take anything route" your precieved value goes way down. That or The Wicker Man. Not sure why Bruce Willis went the same route tho.
Old 11-07-17, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Cage had tax issues among other things and once you start down the "I'll take anything route" your precieved value goes way down. That or The Wicker Man. Not sure why Bruce Willis went the same route tho.
Bruce got tired of doing press tours. Just watch that interview from Red 2. No press for DTV and you still get a check.
Old 11-07-17, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 11-07-17, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like this is going forward.

New York (AFP) - Manhattan's district attorney is preparing a criminal case against disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein which he could present to a grand jury as early as next week, US media reported Tuesday.

The reports, quoting anonymous law enforcement officials, came after police confirmed they had a credible rape allegation against the embattled producer and were gathering evidence for a possible arrest warrant.

District Attorney Cyrus Vance plans to present the case to a grand jury and wait for an indictment, NBC television and the New York Post tabloid reported. The move could come as early as next week, they reported.

His office was not immediately reachable for comment Tuesday.

Police referred AFP to the district attorney's office.

"Boardwalk Empire" actress Paz de la Huerta accused Weinstein of raping her twice at her New York apartment in late 2010. Her claims were published in Vanity Fair magazine on Thursday and she has been interviewed by police.

"She put forth a credible and detailed narrative to us," NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters last Friday.

"We have an actual case here," he added. "Mr Weinstein is out of state. We would need an arrest warrant to arrest him. So right now we're gathering our evidence."

De la Huerta's allegations are at least the third Weinstein case to have been investigated by New York police in recent years. Boyce did not rule out others.

Vance's office, which has been working closely with police, last week assigned a senior sex crimes prosecutor to the case.

Around 100 women have come forward to accuse Weinstein of sexual misconduct since a New York Times expose was published in early October. The accusations range from harassment to rape. Weinstein denies any non-consensual relations.
Old 11-07-17, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Is it too late to get in on the dead pool?
Old 11-07-17, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Judging by your initial clueless statement, it seems like you couldn’t imagine a scenario where saying “nice shoes” wouldn’t end with you getting thrown in the rape wagon because “Women just don’t understand!”
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...ssment/2751966
Old 11-08-17, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since early October, Hollywood stalwarts like Harvey Weinstein,Kevin Spacey,Brett Ratner andDustin Hoffman have been called out in an endless wave of sexual harassment and assault allegations across multiple decades. Among the growing chorus of women who have spoken out on the ensuing scandals, Molly’s Game actress Jessica Chastain recently entered the fray with a provocative tweet regarding the storied allegations of abuse levied against X-Men franchise writer, director and producer Bryan Singer.

“Let us not forget,” she tweeted on Friday, along with a link to an article that reviewed many of the well-known accusations against Singer. While doing press for Molly’s Game, reporters from The Daily Beast and other outlets asked Chastain about the tweet and its followup, which many saw as an especially bold move given the fact that Chastain has been cast in Simon Kinberg’s X-Men: Dark Phoenix, which Singer is executive producing. “I do not feel beholden to anything,” she explained:
Old 11-08-17, 07:52 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
And another dickish response. I guess I shouldn't expect a coherent, on topic response from you at this point. Apparently you are incapable of it.
And go fuck yourself.
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Cool story, bro. Wait, are you trying to harass me?
mod note - Both of you cool it.
Old 11-08-17, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 213 Likes on 189 Posts

Another bit of collateral damage. Spacey was part of a "Carol Burnett Show" Anniversary Special, a musical bit with Spacey, Burnett, Bernadette Peters, and Kristen Chenoweth. He'll be edited out, and they're looking at how to re-purpose the material without him.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/07/kevin-s...y-special-cbs/
Old 11-08-17, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Since early October, Hollywood stalwarts like Harvey Weinstein,Kevin Spacey,Brett Ratner andDustin Hoffman have been called out in an endless wave of sexual harassment and assault allegations across multiple decades. Among the growing chorus of women who have spoken out on the ensuing scandals, Molly’s Game actress Jessica Chastain recently entered the fray with a provocative tweet regarding the storied allegations of abuse levied against X-Men franchise writer, director and producer Bryan Singer.

“Let us not forget,” she tweeted on Friday, along with a link to an article that reviewed many of the well-known accusations against Singer. While doing press for Molly’s Game, reporters from The Daily Beast and other outlets asked Chastain about the tweet and its followup, which many saw as an especially bold move given the fact that Chastain has been cast in Simon Kinberg’s X-Men: Dark Phoenix, which Singer is executive producing. “I do not feel beholden to anything,” she explained:
That is bold. Your move, Bryan!
Old 11-08-17, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Actress Tippi Hedren said Weinstein reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's abuse. I remember hearing he try to go at Eva Marie Saint while filming North By Northwest.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tippi-...tchcocks-abuse
Old 11-08-17, 09:53 AM
Cool New Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Given who his dad allegedly is, I think he's safe.
Woody Allen?
Old 11-08-17, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

we have a new member ??
Old 11-08-17, 10:10 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Actress Tippi Hedren said Weinstein reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's abuse. I remember hearing he try to go at Eva Marie Saint while filming North By Northwest.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tippi-...tchcocks-abuse
There was an HBO movie about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2132485/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Old 11-08-17, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Apparently Bryan Singer deleted his Twitter account.
Old 11-08-17, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Apparently Bryan Singer deleted his Twitter account.
He should come out of the closet to hedge his bets.
Old 11-08-17, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
I think Willis' age has to be a factor at this point. The man is 62 now. There just aren't a lot of big parts for older actors, especially those who aren't considered great like a De Niro or a Pacino. And even they have had their share of crappy roles.
Old 11-08-17, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Charlie Sheen 'categorically denies' raping 13-year-old Corey Haim on the set of the movie Lucas after claims made by a friend of the late child-actor

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xt7nTvMH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 11-08-17, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
I think Willis' age has to be a factor at this point. The man is 62 now. There just aren't a lot of big parts for older actors, especially those who aren't considered great like a De Niro or a Pacino. And even they have had their share of crappy roles.
And both De Niro and Pacino have been a few DTV movies, De Niro especially. Add Hopkins to the list as well.
Old 11-08-17, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kevin Spacey's Baby Driver Costar Jon Bernthal Says Actor Was a 'Big Bully' on Set
Lindsay Kimble,People

Jon Bernthal says he was privy to aspects of Kevin Spacey‘s alleged inappropriate conduct before the slew of recent sexual assault or harassment accusations were leveled against the star.

The actor told SiriusXM, “I just remember losing a ton of respect for him,” when asked to discuss their time working together on the summer hit Baby Driver.

“I remember being on that set and I remember him really rubbing me the wrong way,” recalled Bernthal. “And it’s funny, anybody who I was working with at the time, and people in my life remember me saying it and a lot of people reached out to me when that happened.”

“The kind of man he was when I saw him, working with, made me lose all respect for him and I was enormously disappointed,” said Bernthal of finally working alongside Spacey in the 2017 film.

He further elaborated, “Going onto that set and working with him, I wasn’t there much and I wasn’t really in a situation to judge, but when I was there he really rubbed me the wrong way. I thought he was a bit of a bully… I didn’t really care for the way he was behaving toward some of the other people on set.”

“I think he was acting toward people in a way that where I remember, at the time, thinking, man if that was a woman that he was talking to I would have done something, I would have said something,” said the actor. “And I was really happy to sort of get out of there.”

Bernthal noted, though, that he never witnessed behavior from Spacey like some of the sexual conduct allegations that he’s now facing.

In a BuzzFeed article posted Oct. 30, actor Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey made inappropriate sexual advances toward him when he was only 14. Hours later Spacey, 58, apologized for his behavior – which allegedly occurred at a party in 1986 — and came out as gay.

Further allegations have since emerged, including a report from CNN in which eight people who currently work or previously worked on House of Cards claimed that star and executive producer created a “toxic” work environment through sexual harassment and “predatory” behavior.

Last week, Netflix officially parted ways with Spacey, announcing that House of Cards‘ final season will be without the actor.

A representative for the 58-year-old House of Cards star has told PEOPLE that Spacey is “is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment.”
Old 11-08-17, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
True enough, and what would have been his is now Liam Neesons.

Oh and Spacey's role in All the Money in the World was recast with Christopher Plummer. Curious how that'll work.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.