Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Old 03-11-20, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 581 Likes on 431 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

23 years . . .

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...prison-1283818

Harvey Weinstein will spend 23 years in a New York State prison after being sentenced by Supreme Court judge James Burke on Wednesday morning.

Weinstein was convicted on Feb. 24 of committing a Criminal Sexual Act in the first degree and third-degree rape.

The sentencing ends Weinstein's New York trial, which began on Jan. 6. His team has said they will appeal the jury's decision to convict him on two of the five charges he faced.

Judge James Burke, before issuing his sentence, told Weinstein that he will be formally registered as a sex offender.

For his conviction on the first-degree count of criminal sexual act, Weinstein was given 20 years in prison plus five years of supervised release. On the other convicted charge, third-degree rape, he was given three years in prison.

Prior to his sentencing, his attorney Donna Rotunno told the judge that Weinstein should get a shorter sentence because he has a "long list of illnesses."
Old 03-11-20, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

Perfect Plenty of time for him to get raped before he dies. Throw him to the wolves.
Old 03-11-20, 10:14 AM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Odds on suicide?
Old 03-11-20, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Odds on suicide?
I think the odds are pretty good... and this time it'll be a real suicide.
Old 03-11-20, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Perfect Plenty of time for him to get raped before he dies. Throw him to the wolves.
I honestly did not care how much time he got, but it doesn't matter, he will be dead within 12 months.
Old 03-11-20, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

He'll probably die in prison.
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (06-02-20)
Old 03-11-20, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm never going to be able to look at a bottle or can of Crisco without thinking of Charlie Sheen.
Old 03-11-20, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
Is Charlie Sheen gay? I thought he was a rampant womanizer.
That's what I can't understand, wasn't he seeing Kerri Green at the time? He starred in two films with her. I know I'm around the same age as they are and I was all about that ginger from Lucas and Goonies.
Old 03-11-20, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
That's what I can't understand, wasn't he seeing Kerri Green at the time? He starred in two films with her. I know I'm around the same age as they are and I was all about that ginger from Lucas and Goonies.
Yea, I've never heard of anyone being attracted to both the opposite sex and the same sex before. They should come up with a term for that.
Mabuse (03-11-20)
Old 03-11-20, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Yea, I've never heard of anyone being attracted to both the opposite sex and the same sex before. They should come up with a term for that.

Old 03-11-20, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 977 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I've got it! "Non-monosexual"
Old 03-11-20, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

I don't even remember him being outed as Bi.
Old 03-11-20, 05:45 PM

I don't even remember him being outed as Bi.

Old 03-11-20, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 160 Posts

Reports have said Weinstein has a penis, no balls and a vagina, i'm sure he will be the most popular guy in prison.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/weins...ina-allegation
Old 03-11-20, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 88 Posts

I have to agree. And that's by me saying that The Goonies is in my top three movies of all time, and I loved Corey Feldman in that. I also thought he was fantastic in Gremlins, but since he got older I have a hard time taking anything he says without a grain of salt. Often seems like he just says stuff to remain relevant or in the media. If shit happed to him as a child actor (and it probably did), then that is absolutely horrible and I feel bad for him. But it just seems like throwing these accusations against Charlie Sheen is a bit much. Charlie Sheen is obviously not a saint and I would never condone anything he's done (knowingly infecting or exposing sexual partners to HIV is one of the worst things you could do), but I just have a hard time buying it. It would be horrible if it actually did happen, but I'm going to take the word of Corey Haim's mom over Corey Feldman's...Plus, Sheen has a pretty big record of sleeping with a ton of women...Just seems weird that he would've done that to Corey Haim (RIP, he was obviously troubled and I feel bad that he passed away and dealt with drugs)...It's just Feldman has burned a lot of bridges with his behaviour and I don't think he's at all reliable...It's just a sad situation in general and seems troubling he would bring up Corey Haim after all these years...
Old 03-11-20, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Harry released an apology to day on his website, which was well due. I don't know. I thought that was a good step, and probably should've been done a while back but it's good he finally owned up to it. The feedbackers on his site are still giving him hell but at least he owned up to it, although it probably could've been better worded and a more forceful apology was warranted...
Old 03-11-20, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I honestly did not care how much time he got, but it doesn't matter, he will be dead within 12 months.
Probably. He’s the typical inmate who will claim medical problems up to the day he dies. I’m guessing he’ll do the majority of his time in a (somewhat) cushier setting of a prison hospital.
Old 03-11-20, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Probably. He’s the typical inmate who will claim medical problems up to the day he dies. I’m guessing he’ll do the majority of his time in a (somewhat) cushier setting of a prison hospital.
Yup. He’s back in the hospital again now.
Old 03-11-20, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Goonies85
Harry released an apology to day on his website, which was well due. I don't know. I thought that was a good step, and probably should've been done a while back but it's good he finally owned up to it. The feedbackers on his site are still giving him hell but at least he owned up to it, although it probably could've been better worded and a more forceful apology was warranted...

I notice that the article he wrote within the last week had been taken down, and likely due to every single comment on the talk back calling this fat piece of monkey spunk out on his actions and lack of apology or remorse. Reading through the apology it is anything but an apology. He is basically saying he is being himself and people are simply not "getting" his attempts at humor. The ginger twat is an egotistical conman who deserves to be shunned and shamed where ever he shows his ugly fat fisog. Everything he ever wrote had to involve his pathetic childhood and his name dropping is legendary. The man is scum from end to blubberous end.

That scam he pulled with the Gofundme a few years ago should have brought him widespread condemnation in the media and I wished he would face some kind of charge or punishment. But the wheelchaired whale managed to get away with it and used the money for personal use by all reports.

In the great words of Napolean Bonaparte ... "Fuck off and die Harry Knowles you ginger c%$t."
Old 03-11-20, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by james2025a
I notice that the article he wrote within the last week had been taken down, and likely due to every single comment on the talk back calling this fat piece of monkey spunk out on his actions and lack of apology or remorse. Reading through the apology it is anything but an apology. He is basically saying he is being himself and people are simply not "getting" his attempts at humor. The ginger twat is an egotistical conman who deserves to be shunned and shamed where ever he shows his ugly fat fisog. Everything he ever wrote had to involve his pathetic childhood and his name dropping is legendary. The man is scum from end to blubberous end.

That scam he pulled with the Gofundme a few years ago should have brought him widespread condemnation in the media and I wished he would face some kind of charge or punishment. But the wheelchaired whale managed to get away with it and used the money for personal use by all reports.

In the great words of Napolean Bonaparte ... "Fuck off and die Harry Knowles you ginger c%$t."
What was the gofundme thing?
Old 03-11-20, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Goonies85
What was the gofundme thing?
Probably this (which was Kickstarter and not GoFundMe):

Did Harry Knowles Fleece His Fans with His Kickstarter? ? The Robot's Pajamas

Old 03-11-20, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

Yup. He’s back in the hospital again now.
I figured those chest pains would expediently flare up again. He didn't much care for his first taste of Rikers.
Old 03-11-20, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Prior to his sentencing, his attorney Donna Rotunno told the judge that Weinstein should get a shorter sentence because he has a "long list of illnesses."

Notice they didn’t actually claim he was ill ... just that he has a long list of illnesses ... in a notebook.
Old 03-12-20, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Probably this (which was Kickstarter and not GoFundMe):

Did Harry Knowles Fleece His Fans with His Kickstarter? ? The Robot's Pajamas
Huh, never heard about this. Pretty shitty...
John Pannozzi (06-02-20)
Old 03-12-20, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry, Kickstarter. I could not recall exactly as i rarely visit that site anymore, and only do to check the Talkbacks to see how much shit is being thrown at Knowles. Guy deserves every bit of it.

I read the article someone posted earlier about the writer from Florida that got paid nothing for their work writing for Aintitcool and got fired and savaged by the team there when by all accounts it seems they were doing a great job and keeping the site afloat for the greedy lazy fucks who ran it along with Knowles. It really shows what a set of scumbags were working there and none of them deserve to get a writing job ever again.
John Pannozzi (06-02-20)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.