Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Old 10-10-17, 03:22 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,178 Likes on 833 Posts
Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein (New York Times

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Schrader comes off very dickish, sounding like films are more important than women who were victimized. But it is worth pointing out that, long before this sex harassment stuff, Harvey has been the enemy of foreign cinema. He shelved Through the Olive Trees. He recut The Double Life of Veronique. He recut The Legend of 1900. He recut so many films. I've despised him for decades.
At least he didn't make Snowpiercer any worse than it already was.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Schrader sounds like some of you dvdtalk posters.

"Art over Women/Abuse/Rape/Molestation!"
You're talking about people defending the likes of Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, etc. right?
Old 10-10-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein (New York Times

Originally Posted by orangerunner
They'll probably go back to the name "Miramax" which I think was named after the first-names of Bob and Harvey's parents.
A Qatari company called BeIn owns the Miraxmax name and I believe its film library as well.

Speaking of Bob Weinstein, what the hell man? He cannot say that he knew nothing.
Old 10-10-17, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
A Qatari company called BeIn owns the Miraxmax name and I believe its film library as well.

Speaking of Bob Weinstein, what the hell man? He cannot say that he knew nothing.
Probably, but apparently the two are somewhat estranged, weren't even on speaking terms, though not sure how long that has been going on.
Old 10-10-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 704 Likes on 512 Posts

Old 10-10-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Ben Affleck
3 hrs ·

I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades. The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick. This is completely unacceptable, and I find myself asking what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen to others. We need to do better at protecting our sisters, friends, co-workers and daughters. We must support those who come forward, condemn this type of behavior when we see it and help ensure there are more women in positions of power.
I'd maybe possibly believe Ben Affleck if not for the fact that his girlfriend at the time was one of the harassment victims. If there is one thing that Gwyneth Paltrow isn't known for, it's keeping her opinions to herself.
Old 10-10-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Schrader sounds like some of you dvdtalk posters.

"Art over Women/Abuse/Rape/Molestation!"
Wait a minute, are you calling, "The Canyons" art?

Old 10-10-17, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I'd maybe possibly believe Ben Affleck if not for the fact that his girlfriend at the time was one of the harassment victims. If there is one thing that Gwyneth Paltrow isn't known for, it's keeping her opinions to herself.
? The article says Brad Pitt was her boyfriend at the time went to him first and he confronted Harvey. It actually got her berated by Weinstein over the phone. Though I'm sure Affleck at least knew of the rumors.
Old 10-10-17, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
? The article says Brad Pitt was her boyfriend at the time went to him first and he confronted Harvey.
Yeah I know. She was with Pitt from 1994-1997 and Affleck 1997-2000. Do you think she never mentioned Harvey's advances to Ben or do you think she forgot about them?
Old 10-10-17, 04:49 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Not about Weinstein, but even Terry fuckin' Crews has a story to tell about a Hollywood exec...
Starts here:

edit: Oh, he didn't do it as a proper thread. Boo. Go to his page and you'll see all the posts I guess.
Old 10-10-17, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rose McGowan (Ben Affleck's co-star in Miramax's movie Phantoms) has replied to his statement with a terse and simple "Ben Affleck fuck off". He's lying if he says he never knew.
Old 10-10-17, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rose McGowan (Ben Affleck's co-star in Miramax's movie Phantoms) has replied to his statement with a terse and simple "Ben Affleck fuck off". He's lying if he says he never knew.
While I 100% believe all of the allegations against Weinstein, McGowan has been on the warpath against the Hollywood elite for a few years now. Can't really take her serious.
Old 10-10-17, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts

But he was da bomb in Phantoms, yo.
Old 10-10-17, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by orangerunner
They'll probably go back to the name "Miramax" which I think was named after the first-names of Bob and Harvey's parents.
I don't think they can do that cause Miramax is still around w different owners. They produced I, Tonya w Margot Robbie which recently went to Neon films
Old 10-10-17, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Ashley Judd was one sexy hot cute little piece of ass back in the day. Damn I can't imagine her being in that hotel seeing him wearing a towel and him requesting her pussy.
Old 10-10-17, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,285 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
While I 100% believe all of the allegations against Weinstein, McGowan has been on the warpath against the Hollywood elite for a few years now. Can't really take her serious.
That attitude is part of the problem.
Old 10-10-17, 06:39 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TomOpus
That attitude is par of the problem.
yeah. Maybe she’s been on a warpath... because of shit scum like Harvey...
Old 10-10-17, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,065 Likes on 768 Posts

A local female radio host here in LA said she personally knew of 2 famous actresses who slept with Harvey and who are now big names because of it. .
This line of thinking is a reversal but is also sexist and degrading.

It serves to cast suspicion on actresses (like a G Paltrow) who had many successes with Mirimax, that they owe their career to "slutty" behavior
Old 10-10-17, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
This line of thinking is a reversal but is also sexist and degrading.

It serves to cast suspicion on actresses (like a G Paltrow) who had many successes with Mirimax, that they owe their career to "slutty" behavior
Yeah. Why say that shit for? If you're not going to name names, why bring it up? Respect their privacy, because all this is doing is getting the public thinking about it more and, like you said, casting suspicion on ALL the actresses that worked with Weinstein.
Old 10-10-17, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,285 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
yeah. Maybe she’s been on a warpath... because of shit scum like Harvey...
Eventually, it catches up to people like him and Cosby.
Old 10-10-17, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Remember when Rose McGowan went after Fox's X-Men: Apocalypse billboard? For portraying violence against women. Do you think that things like this help contribute or foster the environment that this stuff is permissable?
I mean, it was even mentioned that Seth MacFarlane made a joke about actresses having to pretend that Harvey Weinstein is attractive, and people laughed about it.
Old 10-10-17, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

He's used to grabbing their breasts. Damn. This guy is another Trump that goes for the grabbing.
Old 10-10-17, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus
That attitude is part of the problem.
Not really. all she has done is bitch every time she didn't get a role the last few years. Did everyone abuse her?

Also, I bet anyone who says this has never been falsely accused of something legally in the public eye. I have, though not of this nature, and it's beyond frustrating and stressful to get settled out.

Last edited by DthRdrX; 10-10-17 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-10-17, 07:42 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Miramax did not become TWC. TWC is/was a new company created when they left Miramax.
Old 10-10-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,172 Likes on 902 Posts

His wife is leaving him.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...235023319.html

Harvey Weinstein’s wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, is leaving him — as more women continue to step forward to accuse the movie mogul of decades of sexual harassment and assault.

Weinstein, 65, and Chapman, 41, married in 2007 and have two children together — India Pearl, 7, and Dashiell Max Robert, 4.

“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time,” Chapman says in a statement to PEOPLE.

In the wake of the first allegations by multiple women in a New York Times report, Weinstein, who has denied allegations of nonconsensual sex, initially said Chapman was standing behind him.

“She stands 100 percent behind me. Georgina and I have talked about this at length,” Weinstein told the New York Post, adding that Chapman was helping him become “a better human” and to “apologize to people for my bad behavior, to say I’m sorry, and to absolutely mean it.”

On Sunday, Weinstein was fired from his powerhouse film studio.

“In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company — Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar — have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately,” the Weinstein Company said in a statement.

In the NYT report that ran last week, eight women — including actress Ashley Judd — spoke out against Weinstein, accusing him of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior. The paper also reported that Weinstein reached private settlements with eight women, including actress Rose McGowan.

On Tuesday, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie added their own accounts of alleged mistreatment. Paltrow told the NYT that Weinstein sexually harassed her in a hotel room after hiring her for the lead role in Emma when she was 22. The encounter allegedly ended with Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage.

Jolie also told the outlet that she had a “bad experience” with Weinstein in a hotel room during the release of Playing by Heart in the late ’90s.

Also on Tuesday, the The New Yorker revealed — among 13 different women’s accounts of alleged sexual harassment, assault or rape — that the mogul allegedly forcibly performed oral sex on Italian actress Asia Argento two decades ago. Actresses Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette also claimed that after rejecting Weinstein’s unwanted advances, they were removed from or kept from being hired for projects.

In response to the lengthy allegations made against Weinstein in the New Yorker piece, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
Old 10-10-17, 07:46 PM

Received 4,475 Likes on 3,036 Posts

Good. She is way too good looking to fuck around on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harvey offs himself at this point. Found dead in his bath robe.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.