DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Bob's Burgers: The Movie (2022) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/641649-bobs-burgers-movie-2022-a.html)

DJariya 10-04-17 01:25 PM

Bob's Burgers: The Movie (2022)

https://collegian.com/wp-content/upl...obsBurgers.jpg

http://deadline.com/2017/10/bobs-bur...ox-1202181837/

20th Century Fox said today that it is making a feature film based on the Fox animated series Bob’s Burgers and has set a July 17, 2020 release date. The series is coming off an Emmy win this year for Outstanding Animated Series and took the same honor in 2014.

The series first appeared on Fox in midseason 2011. Fox Animation will produce the film.

“We’re thrilled to be invited to bring Bob’s Burgers to the big screen,” show creator Loren Bouchard said. “We know the movie has to scratch every itch the fans of the show have ever had, but it also has to work for all the good people who’ve never seen the show. We also know it has to fill every inch of the screen with the colors and the sounds and the ever so slightly greasy texture of the world of Bob’s – but most of all it has to take our characters on an epic adventure. In other words, it has to be the best movie ever made. But no pressure, right?!”

The series follows the lives, loves and misadventures of the Belcher family and their friends and rivals. Bob Belcher (voice of H. Jon Benjamin) runs a hamburger restaurant in a seaside town, with his ever-optimistic wife Linda (John Roberts) and their three children: self-conscious Tina (Dan Mintz), goofball Gene (Eugene Mirman) and precocious Louise (Kristen Schaal).

“A Bob’s Burgers film fits perfectly with our initiative to redouble our family and animation efforts,” said Twentieth Century Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider. “We’re grateful to [Fox Television Group chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden] for trusting us with this beloved property and we’re so excited to be working with Loren and his team.”

Said Newman and Walden: “What a year for Bob’s Burgers! First, the Emmy Award for Best Animated Series and now, an amazing opportunity for the gifted Loren Bouchard to take the Belcher family to movies. Loren, Jim and their talented team continue to knock it out of the park week after week, and seven years in, the show is still growing. Working with Stacey and everyone at the feature studio, we know this important property is in the best possible hands.”

RichC2 10-04-17 01:31 PM

re: Bob's Burgers: The Movie (2022)

The show has a rabid fanbase but not a huge one, so I'm not sure just how well it'd do, but I'm down for it -- still my favorite sitcom on TV.

windom 10-04-17 01:40 PM

How is this getting a theatrical movie before Family Guy?

Noonan 10-04-17 01:47 PM

A movie? I can't even get through an episode on TV.

Supermallet 10-04-17 01:54 PM

Love this show and very surprised to hear they’re making a movie.

TheMovieman 10-04-17 02:04 PM

Never saw a single episode.

Mike86 10-04-17 03:04 PM

Surprised that this is coming out before a Family Guy movie or a second film from The Simpsons. I've tried watching Bob's Burgers before and I don't really understand the appeal but I know it's got a pretty big fanbase.

Bluelitespecial 10-04-17 03:08 PM

Okay, I think an Archer movie would be better.

majorjoe23 10-04-17 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13173040)

I was thinking the other day that if they do an Archer movie they should have John Hamm star, but have Jon Benjamin dub the voice.

And they could have Jon Benjamin do a cameo with John Hamm dubbing his voice.

Jason 10-04-17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13173040)

Archer movie would be a nice capper to the series. Do it as a straight spy story though, instead of however the whole mess ends up.

I'm sure the biggest complaint online will be this is being made before a Rick and Morty movie.

whotony 10-06-17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13172944)
A movie? I can't even get through an episode on TV.

Yeah that’s why they shouldn’t be making a movie.

dex14 09-10-21 05:08 PM

Re: Bob's Burgers: The Movie (2022)

A “Bob’s Burgers” feature, based on the popular animated Fox TV series, was also dated for May 27, 2022.
https://trib.al/wbj3ZIM?fbclid=IwAR3...33unLfSHBLXCCY

GoldenJCJ 09-10-21 05:13 PM

The show is kind of an oddity for me. I somewhat enjoy it but with the exception of Bob (and maybe Louise) I can’t stand any of the characters. They are all so annoying.

I’m not sure about a movie. 30 minutes episodes are just about right. I think anything after that would start to wear thin.

jpcamb 09-12-21 10:57 AM

Wonder if it will be a musical. ;)

dex14 01-11-22 08:46 AM

Only in theaters May 27.

“The Bob’s Burgers Movie” is an animated, big-screen, musical comedy-mystery-adventure based on the long-running Emmy®-winning series. The story begins when a ruptured water main creates an enormous sinkhole right in front of Bob's Burgers, blocking the entrance indefinitely and ruining the Belchers’ plans for a successful summer. While Bob and Linda struggle to keep the business afloat, the kids try to solve a mystery that could save their family's restaurant. As the dangers mount, these underdogs help each other find hope and fight to get back behind the counter, where they belong.

RichC2 01-11-22 08:59 AM

Looking forward to it, looks like they spent a lot of money on shading. And good to see squished Kuchi Kopi is still around.

Xander 01-11-22 09:12 AM

I think this is the only show on network TV I still watch. Love it, and looking forward to the movie!

Mike86 01-11-22 09:16 AM

My girlfriend enjoys this show so I’ve watched it more and it’s grown on me. We’ll probably see the movie.

milo bloom 01-11-22 02:14 PM

I'm surprised this show doesn't have a bigger following on here, my wife and I discovered it last year and tore through all the seasons on Hulu. It's got great characters and the "silly sitcom" plots often still have enough reality to them that you can feel a connection to what's happening.

IBJoel 01-11-22 02:22 PM

Yeah, I've been a fan for a year or two and finally binged most of the series while staying at my parents' (they have Hulu and I don't)

dex14 04-04-22 11:48 AM

devilshalo 04-04-22 12:39 PM

They showed the first 6 mins at Wonder-con this past weekend. I'm not familiar with the show, so do they do musical numbers?

GoldenJCJ 04-04-22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 14084921)
They showed the first 6 mins at Wonder-con this past weekend. I'm not familiar with the show, so do they do musical numbers?

Sometimes. They’ll add songs into the show every once in a while. They also typically sing and/or dance over the closing credits.

RichC2 04-04-22 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 14084921)

Sometimes. They have done a couple song heavy episodes but mostly it's just a musical sequence randomly in some episodes -- they have a few original tracks scattered throughout too - mostly during the closing credits.

It is funny how much they have folks like H Jon Benjamin and Kevin Klein singing, intentionally somewhat off key, throughout the series. It isn't everybody's cup o tea.

Ie:

GoldenJCJ 04-04-22 12:52 PM

Also, my favorite Bob’s Burgers song.