Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help ID'ing a movie I saw a few years ago

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Need help ID'ing a movie I saw a few years ago

Old 10-17-17, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Need help ID'ing a movie I saw a few years ago

The Vagina Monologues
Old 10-17-17, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Alex, I think you just got really high and were staring at a blank TV screen. You should write that shit down.
Old 09-11-20, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to grave dig this thread. This evening while browsing youtube videos I came across an interview of Richard E Grant. I decided to look up his Wiki and went through films he'd made in the 2000s. I came across one that sounded interesting. As I said or I think I said earlier when I made this thread, the film had a weird name. Love Hurts is a 2009 film that encompasses what I vaguely remember. I watched the trailer and it's probably it. As for the mixed bodies. I likely saw a similar film and my brain remembers it as the same one. As I recall, I began going down a list of rom com movies, either American or British made back then.

I went through some scenes I could find online of Love Hurts, and it fits everything I recall. I have a vague idea of the other movie where I'm mixing up scenes with. Mystery solved.

Around that time period, I binged on movies from the films in 20xx year off of Wiki. For years I'd been referring to country specific lists, mainly French, Irish and British. I now realize why I could never find it again. It was one of the last movies I watched on a then old laptop that died, forcing me to get a new computer which wasn't a laptop. The laptop died in July 2011. I remember watching some lighter movies after having gone through Saving Private Ryan earlier in mid June of that year to take my mind off of some crap going on in my life.

Since I'm working from home, I'll spend some time combing through all 2007-2011 movies. It's very likely I'll find the other movie I'm confusing scenes with Love Hurts. I did a quick rental on Amazon, and it's the movie as I remember it. It's been nearly 10 years, so it's understandable my mind filled in gaps with other movies I'd seen around that time.

I just wish I'd put in more effort in my earlier attempts and not become hyperfocused on a certain country's films. I wouldn't have wasted anyone's time here or pissed Rob off.

In regard to the village posted long ago. I watched Tamara Drewe back in March and it confirmed my suspicions that my mind had filled in blanks with scenes from other movies. Tamara Drewe is set in the English countryside/villages. I remember watching this movie around the time I saw Love Hurts. I also saw No Strings Attached and some competing movie with the same synopsis around that time. I suspect if I revisited those movies, I'd find stuff I thought was in Love Hurts.

Sorry for the mini essay!

Last edited by .Alex.; 09-11-20 at 07:29 AM.