DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Female-Centric Lord of the Files (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/641210-female-centric-lord-files.html)

TheMovieman 08-30-17 04:26 PM

Female-Centric Lord of the Files

EXCLUSIVE: Scott McGehee & David Siegel have made a deal at Warner Bros to write and direct a new version of Lord of the Flies, based on the iconic William Golding novel. They plan to be faithful to the novel with one major twist: the young students stranded on a remote island who descend into a savage social order will be girls.
http://deadline.com/2017/08/lord-of-...el-1202158421/

Deadman31 08-30-17 04:43 PM

re: Female-Centric Lord of the Files

Oh for Christs sake

milo bloom 08-30-17 04:46 PM

Neat. Now this is a change that will be interesting. Packs of girls can be just as crazy as packs of boys.

Dan 08-30-17 04:49 PM

Women can be vicious. Should be interesting, especially if they go for a hard R rating.

Err, I mean...
WTF! MCGEHEE & SIEGEL ARE SUCH BETA CUCK SPENGLERS! WHAT IS THIS PC CULTURAL MARXIST BULLSHIT? HEY SNOWFLAKES, GO BACK TO YOUR SAFE SPACES, SWIJES!
Am I raging right?

Giantrobo 08-30-17 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13146444)
Women can be vicious. Should be interesting, especially if they go for a hard R rating.

Truth :eek::up:

Err, I mean...
WTF! MCGEHEE & SIEGEL ARE SUCH BETA CUCK SPENGLERS! WHAT IS THIS PC CULTURAL MARXIST BULLSHIT? HEY SNOWFLAKES, GO BACK TO YOUR SAFE SPACES, SWIJES!
Am I raging right?
:lol:

majorjoe23 08-30-17 06:31 PM

Are they trying to ruin my childhood? Some of us were actually stranded on an island and had to murder a fat...

I've said too much, never mind.

Josh-da-man 08-30-17 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 13146422)

Sounds hot.

GoldenJCJ 08-30-17 07:34 PM

So with girls I'm guessing they won't have time to separate into two groups and create a primitive hierarchy. The girls will be at each other's throats the moment they wash ashore.

Mabuse 08-30-17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 13146581)
So with girls I'm guessing they won't have time to separate into two groups and create a primitive hierarchy. The girls will be at each other's throats the moment they wash ashore.

Ha.

The choirboys will be changed to cheerleaders, and other obvious choices that simpletons would make.

Ash Ketchum 08-31-17 07:28 AM

They actually made a TV movie like this in 1979 called MYSTERIOUS ISLAND OF BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, only it showed the women, who'd been on the island without any adults or men since they were very young, as hot chicks in their 20s who encounter some planewrecked men for the first time. I think there was one girl who was older than the others who might have been babies when they crashlanded on the island and she had to raise them by herself and it turned her psycho. Other than having attractive actresses, including Jayne Kennedy, Jamie Lyn Bauer, Deborah Shelton, Rosalind Chao and Susie Coelho, it wasn't very good. The men who landed were pretty old and included Clint Walker and Peter Lawford.

https://www.criticker.com/img/films/...iful-Women.jpg

http://www.millionmonkeytheater.com/...ics26/pby2.jpg

http://www.millionmonkeytheater.com/...ics26/pby7.jpg

It's not explained where they found shorts and t-shirts in adult sizes once they grew up.

d2cheer 08-31-17 08:11 AM

:hump:

Why So Blu? 08-31-17 09:52 AM

a female-centric lord of the flies written and directed by men. Yeah, that's going to work. :sarcasm:

RichC2 08-31-17 09:56 AM

I'd like to imagine this will be like the lighthouse sequence in Battle Royale. Or like 2LDK.

OldBoy 08-31-17 10:48 AM

No McCarthy, Wiig, Jones, McKinnon...no sale!

Bluelitespecial 08-31-17 12:12 PM

I fully expect a female version of Fight Club will happen in the near future even when it makes no sense.

nando820 08-31-17 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13146899)
a female-centric lord of the flies written and directed by men. Yeah, that's going to work. :sarcasm:

yeah.... I'm ok with this as long as its written/directed by women. Otherwise its gonna end up like that 1979 movie Ash reference above. Lots of eye candy stuff with no bite

jjcool 08-31-17 02:52 PM

So yet another gimmick remake.
I think I saw something very similar once. Directed by Axel Braun I think.

Drexl 08-31-17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by nando820 (Post 13147048)
yeah.... I'm ok with this as long as its written/directed by women. Otherwise its gonna end up like that 1979 movie Ash reference above. Lots of eye candy stuff with no bite

Eye candy? I would think these will be junior high kids.

LiquidSky 08-31-17 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13146444)

Err, I mean...
Am I raging right?

Mike86 08-31-17 08:40 PM

This doesn't bother me but I don't have attachment to the source material. It seems like something that can be adapted to work with either a group of boys or girls though.

GoldenJCJ 08-31-17 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13147484)
This doesn't bother me but I don't have attachment to the source material. It seems like something that can be adapted to work with either a group of boys or girls though.

Agreed. I attachment to the source material here either and I think the story would work just as well with girls. The story seems like it could be gender neutral to me.

Let's just hope that boat the school girls were sailing on had a crate of skimpy bikinis below deck...

majorjoe23 08-31-17 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 13147490)
Agreed. I attachment to the source material here either and I think the story would work just as well with girls. The story seems like it could be gender neutral to me.

Let's just hope that boat the school girls were sailing on had a crate of skimpy bikinis below deck...

https://www.gamereactor.se/media/for...6459204_31.jpg

12-year olds, dude.

GoldenJCJ 08-31-17 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 (Post 13147511)

I have a sneaking suspicion this version will have older girls. Though, I'll be much more impressed if they actually stick with grade school/junior high aged girls. It could be a brutal film if they do.

Mabuse 08-31-17 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13147484)

The bigger issue is Britishness. That's where the the 1990's version failed. The original novel is steeped in the English class system and the hierarchies of their public schools (which are private schools). I never fully understood the book until I understood British class divisions.

This will undoubtedly be a bunch of American girls. Hence my joke about choir becoming cheerleaders.

Original Desmond 09-01-17 04:43 AM

As long as there's lesbian rape i'm in

seriously, haven't they learnt that all female cast remakes usually fail