DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Untitled Joker/Harley Quinn Movie (D: Ficarra & Requa) S: Leto, Robbie (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/641153-untitled-joker-harley-quinn-movie-d-ficarra-requa-s-leto-robbie.html)

TheMovieman 08-23-17 08:33 PM

Untitled Joker/Harley Quinn Movie (D: Ficarra & Requa) S: Leto, Robbie

Who’s laughing now?

Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, directors and executive producers of the hit NBC drama This Is Us and who also wrote and helmed the 2011 film Crazy, Stupid, Love, are entering the DC cinematic universe at Warner Bros.

The duo are in final negotiations to pen and helm an untitled movie project centering on Batman villains Joker and Harley Quinn.

Jared Leto and Margot Robbie are due to reprise their roles as the villains, among the most popular characters in the DC pantheon and which they first portrayed in 2016’s Suicide Squad.

Insiders say that the plan is for this feature to go after the studio makes a sequel to Suicide Squad. The latter is on the development fast-track and out to directors. But the Joker and Harley Quinn movie is also moving fast as Warners has to contend with actors' holding agreements, say sources.

The film is described as a “criminal love story,” according to one source, featuring the two murdering maniacs who are cornerstones in the Batman mythos.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...direct-1032210

There's so many of these, not sure if this one was created or not.

dex14 08-23-17 08:48 PM

Re: Untitled Joker/Harley Quinn Movie (D: Ficarra & Requa) S: Leto, Robbie

Jesus, is someone at Warners on a coke binge, green lighting everything?

Two different Joker movies in two days...

devilshalo 08-23-17 09:47 PM

:lol: And people scoffed at Sony's stupid Spider-Man universe (that doesn't include Spider-man). Sinister Six, Venom, Black & Silver...

Lord Zarak 08-24-17 07:42 AM

What are the odds of either Joker movie actually materializing?

dex14 08-24-17 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13142111)
:lol: And people scoffed at Sony's stupid Spider-Man universe (that doesn't include Spider-man). Sinister Six, Venom, Black & Silver...

Biased!

gryffinmaster 08-24-17 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Zarak (Post 13142228)
What are the odds of either Joker movie actually materializing?

Considering the popularity of Harley Quinn and the rumblings of both Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens movies happening, I'd say the chances of this one materializing are probably better than the Scorsese-produced origin story. But I know better than to speak too confidently about things involving Joker, and Leto wasn't too happy with what his bold transformation resulted in once the final edit of Suicide Squad hit theaters.

mndtrp 08-24-17 01:36 PM

His excuse for the poor reaction was how much of him was cut. We didn't get the full story, so we couldn't appreciate him. I don't think a full movie of Leto's Joker will win over the people who didn't care for him the first time around.

I would be open to these Extended Universes having various movies with different styles; crime thriller, mystery, etc.

stvn1974 08-24-17 01:54 PM

I just wanted to announce that I too will be directing a Joker film for WB.

devilshalo 08-24-17 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13142231)
Biased!

I'd be lucky to see any of these materialize. Well.. before I'm replaced by a robot. Seriously.

Lord Zarak 08-24-17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 13142456)
I just wanted to announce that I too will be directing a Joker film for WB.

This jabroni holding the camera just whispered to the Rock that he is going to direct a Joker film. This six year old kid in the front row said he's going to direct a Joker film. The entire section of 108 said they're going to direct a Joker film.

:p

dex14 09-24-18 07:40 AM

Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have provided an update on their potential love-story for the Joker and Harley Quinn, while also also talking us through their deranged script, which they have called a mesh of Bad Santa and This Is Us.

“It is great,” Ficarra explained. “The whole thing starts with Harley kidnapping Dr Phil. Played by Dr Phil hopefully. Because her and the Joker are having problems with their relationship.”

“We had so much fun, I don’t know if we have had more fun writing a script in our career.”

“It was sort of like, we wrote ‘Bad Santa’ a couple of years ago, and it was that sensibility mixed with our ‘This Is Us’ sensibility. We kind of meshed them together.

“We were doing a relationship movie but with the sensibility of a 'Bad Santa,' f***ed up, mentally deranged people. It was a lot of fun.”

But while Ficarra and Requa, who directed the pilot and six other episodes of 'This Is Us,' are overjoyed with their finished script, they still don’t have a clue when or whether it will actually be made into a film.

“I don’t know where it is on the queue of DC movies,” Requa insisted.

“We handed the script in and everybody loved it,” added Ficarra. “But I don’t know when they are going to do it.”

“Because I know that they want to do ‘Birds Of Prey’ and they want to do Todd’s ‘Joker’ film first. Maybe if ‘Birds Of Prey’ goes well ours will be next.”

Todd Phillips’ Joker movie, which is starring Joaquin Phoenix in the leading role, is currently shooting, and will be released on October 4, 2019.

"Birds Of Prey" is currently in the process of trying to pick and cast Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain, Batgirl, Poison Ivy and Catwoman to join Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, while Cathy Yan is expected to start cameras rolling at the start of next year.
https://www.metro.us/entertainment/m...pin-off-update

Koby 09-24-18 08:16 AM

Seems a bit odd they're still moving forward with Leto Joker while doing a Phoenix Joker movie too... One would think they'd want some kind of continuity but I suppose that's been tossed out the window.

brayzie 09-24-18 08:57 AM

If you've been following the comics, maybe they're setting it up for...
Spoiler:
the reveal that there are three Jokers.

JeremyM 09-24-18 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13412990)

If that is the route they take, why would you spoil that opener?

Red Hood 09-24-18 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by brayzie (Post 13413032)
If you've been following the comics, maybe they're setting it up for...
Spoiler:
the reveal that there are three Jokers.

It's either that or revealing that Leto's version of the Joker is actually

Spoiler:
Jason Todd or Tim Drake and that either one became the Joker after Phoenix's version of the Joker tortured them when they were Robin. It would connect to the Robin costume on BvS that was vandalized by the Joker.

dex14 09-24-18 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 13413038)

Spoiler:
Jason Todd or Tim Drake and that either one became the Joker after Phoenix's version of the Joker tortured them when they were Robin. It would connect to the Robin costume on BvS that was vandalized by the Joker.

Would be cool if they actually did do that. I don't know if they are smart enough.

nando820 09-24-18 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 13413038)

Spoiler:

that would actually be really cool, but i doubt that DC is that smart and ballsy

Mike86 09-24-18 09:51 AM

I’d rather that not be the case since I actually have high hopes for the Phoenix movie and don’t want it to be spoiled by being tied in any way to the Letoker shitfest.

Also not that it matters since he’s not involved with the DCEU anymore but Snyder confirmed that the Robin suit in Batman V Superman was actually Dick’s. So that really wouldn’t make much sense as Harley and Joker supposedly killed Robin but if it would be the case where it’s Jason or Tim then Dick should have been Nightwing.