DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Is Austin Powers still a funny movie? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/640667-austin-powers-still-funny-movie.html)

Sonic 07-07-17 11:29 PM

Is Austin Powers still a funny movie?

Much of the first one I burned to death playing it numerous times. I haven't watched it in ages tho. I still think about it and laugh at the times when I first watched it. I wonder if it can still delivery the laughs?

Groucho 07-07-17 11:37 PM

Re: Is Austin Powers still a funny movie?

I rewatched it recently to show it to my son, who had never seen it. A few of the jokes have not aged well, but overall it held up well I thought.

Abob Teff 07-07-17 11:44 PM

If you haven't seen it in quite some time, you should enjoy it again!

majorjoe23 07-08-17 12:11 AM

Yeah, baby!

Why So Blu? 07-08-17 12:24 AM

"Who does #2 work for?!"

Falc04 07-08-17 04:17 AM

"why won't you die"

hbilly 07-08-17 04:36 AM

That's a man baby!!

milo bloom 07-08-17 10:25 AM

Wife and I also rewatched it not too long ago and it's still amusing, if not LOL like the first time you saw it.

Some of it is also how Myers is so into it, you really get the feeling he was having a good time making the movie and that comes through on screen.

Eric F 07-08-17 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 13110067)
Wife and I also rewatched it not too long ago and it's still amusing, if not LOL like the first time you saw it.

Some of it is also how Myers is so into it, you really get the feeling he was having a good time making the movie and that comes through on screen.

If you like him here watch The Gong Show.

RichC2 07-08-17 11:11 AM

Yes. I actually like the sequels more now than I did then as well, they both suck compared to the first though.

Ky-Fi 07-08-17 01:12 PM

I always thought the character was funnier than any of the actual movies. Too much juvenile toilet/potty humor for me.

mcnabb 07-08-17 06:24 PM

I think the 1st movie still holds up, but I have to say the Dr. Evil/Minnie Me parts in the sequel are still the funniest parts of the Trilogy.

Brack 07-08-17 11:13 PM

Who throws a shoe? Honestly!

Yes, it still holds up for me, so many quoatable lines that still make me giggle. Sort of like the Airplane and Naked Gun movies (the short-lived show Police Squad was great too).