Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Christopher Robin (D: Simon Curtis) S: Domnhall Gleeson, Margot Robbie

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-17, 06:50 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IsAlKzokl-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN gives a rare glimpse into the relationship between beloved children's author A. A. Milne (Domhnall Gleeson) and his son Christopher Robin, whose toys inspired the magical world of Winnie the Pooh. Along with his mother Daphne (Margot Robbie), and his nanny Olive (Kelly Macdonald), Christopher Robin and his family are swept up in the international success of the books; the enchanting tales bringing hope and comfort to England after the First World War. But with the eyes of the world on Christopher Robin, what will the cost be to the family?
Not to be confused with Disney's Christopher Robin: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...-mcgregor.html
Old 08-04-17, 07:22 AM

Re: Goodbye Christopher Robin (D: Simon Curtis) S: Domnhall Gleeson, Margot Robbie

<iframe width="656" height="369" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tHrszg79ey0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-04-17, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Re: Goodbye Christopher Robin (D: Simon Curtis) S: Domnhall Gleeson, Margot Robbie

Kinda weird that there's two movies with somewhat similar premises coming out close together. Like I said in the other thread I liked Winnie the Pooh and company so I might check this out. Looks like it could be decent.
Old 08-04-17, 02:04 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Finding Pooh. Looks fine, but screams rental/wait for streaming.
Old 08-04-17, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
Kinda weird that there's two movies with somewhat similar premises coming out close together.
Because thats never happened before.
Old 08-04-17, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Because thats never happened before.
I'm not saying it hasn't but I always think it's odd when studios move forward with a project that's similar to something else that's announced by a rival studio. I'll probably see both if they're good it's just odd that suddenly two movies about Christopher Robin specifically are coming and neither really seem to have Pooh and company at the center. I guess the plots do sound different enough where they could both be worth seeing.
Old 08-04-17, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
I'm not saying it hasn't but I always think it's odd when studios move forward with a project that's similar to something else that's announced by a rival studio. I'll probably see both if they're good it's just odd that suddenly two movies about Christopher Robin specifically are coming and neither really seem to have Pooh and company at the center. I guess the plots do sound different enough where they could both be worth seeing.
The Disney one is an older Christopher Robin with Pooh and Company.

I think I made the analogy in the other thread. This movie is "Finding Neverland" the other one is "Hook".
Old 02-05-18, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

This was pretty good and worth renting

Spoiler:
At first I thought Billy Moon or Christopher Robin died which would have been tragic.