Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-17, 02:33 PM   #76
DVD Talk Hero
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 47,947
re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/pa...or-1202548413/

Patty Jenkins officially back as director for the sequel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 02:43 PM   #77
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 28,831
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Isn't that what I just posted?
__________________
Oh, don't be the victim. Don't make up excuses because you're a dumbass. - Lynda Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 02:44 PM   #78
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 19,596
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Cool?

I know it's a great success for her - and women in Hollywood - but there was zero distinction between her directing and, say, Snyder. Anyone could have helmed the first one and I'm sure the next will look and feel no different.
__________________
DVDAf

Horror Movie Challenge:
2015
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 02:46 PM   #79
DVD Talk Hero
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 47,947
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Isn't that what I just posted?
Settle down tiger. We posted it the exact same time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 02:55 PM   #80
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: More drinks, more fun!
Posts: 14,466
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

I was going to make a joke about how maybe they should consider having a man direct the sequel instead, just to try out something new for a change, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandclaws View Post
Cool?

I know it's a great success for her - and women in Hollywood - but there was zero distinction between her directing and, say, Snyder. Anyone could have helmed the first one and I'm sure the next will look and feel no different.
sigh
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 03:10 PM   #81
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,752
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandclaws View Post
Cool?

I know it's a great success for her - and women in Hollywood - but there was zero distinction between her directing and, say, Snyder. Anyone could have helmed the first one and I'm sure the next will look and feel no different.
__________________
"I get paid to be suspicious when I've got nothing to be suspicious about." -- The Firm
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 04:46 PM   #82
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,971
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandclaws View Post
Cool?

I know it's a great success for her - and women in Hollywood - but there was zero distinction between her directing and, say, Snyder. Anyone could have helmed the first one and I'm sure the next will look and feel no different.
Considering how well received Wonder Woman was, and how much flack B v S got, I don't think that's true.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 05:51 PM   #83
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,752
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

'The Expendables' Writer Joins Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns to Write 'Wonder Woman 2' (Exclusive)

Quote:
Dave Callaham, the co-writer of action movie The Expendables, has joined Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns on the writing team of Wonder Woman 2.

Jenkins and Callaham already have a strong working relationship and it was Jenkins that brought the writer into the fold. Jenkins was working with him on Jackpot, an English-language adaptation of a book by Jo Nesbo; that project was gearing up to be Jenkinsí next movie before she took on the assignment to direct Wonder Woman.

Callaham, in addition to originating Expendables, had a story by credit on the 2014 movie Godzilla and worked on a reboot of The Wolfman that is due to be part of Universalís monster cinematic universe. He is also a writer-executive producer of the Amazon action comedy series Jean Claude van Johnson.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...g-team-1038759
__________________
"I get paid to be suspicious when I've got nothing to be suspicious about." -- The Firm
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 09:06 PM   #84
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obi-Wan Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 8,987
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Considering how well received Wonder Woman was, and how much flack B v S got, I don't think that's true.
The action sequences were pretty much no different than a Zack Snyder movie, and that's not a negative, if there's anything Snyder can do and do well, it's action sequences.

The more intimate character sequences, the ones that actually made us care about the movie? No, I do not believe that Zack Snyder could have produced those.
__________________
"I doubt anyone would use any of my comments in their signature." - gcribbs

-----
PSN: CactusKind
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 10:07 PM   #85
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,581
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Yeah, I know Wonder Woman is loved and I already know I'll get the standard Mike86 is a DC hater, but I think people are willing to give the film a pass on a lot that it doesn't do better than other DCEU films. It's really not as great as it's been made out to be in my opinion. It's very good but the way people act you'd think it's a masterpiece or something which it's not. Patty Jenkins definitely seemed to take a lot of cues from Snyder for action scenes in particular and I honestly didn't think they were much better than what we've seen previously by Snyder. The slow mo shit is horrible and took me out of any scene it was used in and the final boss battle was a standard CG character bloated battle mess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 10:29 PM   #86
DVD Talk Hero
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 47,947
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

I'm going to guess that Jenkins and Johns are coming up with the story and outline and they hired Callaham to polish things and write the screenplay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 10:49 PM   #87
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,752
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Still waiting for the news release this gets moved to June 5, 2020.
__________________
"I get paid to be suspicious when I've got nothing to be suspicious about." -- The Firm
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 10:50 PM   #88
DVD Talk Hero
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 47,947
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
Still waiting for the news release this gets moved to June 5, 2020.
They should move it. Being stuck in the same month and being out 6 days earlier than Star Wars will hurt it's box office. it will have a massive week 2 drop with the competition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 10:56 PM   #89
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,752
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
They should move it. Being stuck in the same month and being out 6 days earlier than Star Wars will hurt it's box office. it will have a massive week 2 drop with the competition.
Not should, they will. I pointed out the June 5 slot since right now it's an "Untitled DC Film". And in reality, it's for the best. Thought December 2019 would be pushing it, rather give it some extra time for both the screenplay and any re-shoots.
__________________
"I get paid to be suspicious when I've got nothing to be suspicious about." -- The Firm

Last edited by TheMovieman; 09-13-17 at 11:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 12:08 AM   #90
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 12,971
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
'The Expendables' Writer Joins Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns to Write 'Wonder Woman 2' (Exclusive)



http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...g-team-1038759
"Ugh. Taking a writer from a manly movie like Expendables and putting him on Wonder Woman. What a cuck."

Did I do that right?
__________________
"We wouldn't have to "regress" so much if it wasn't for that weird period in comics history when EVERYTHING in comics had to be awful and bleak. Characters died, became killers, were crippled and had lots of pouches and belts on their costumes, and we, this generation of creators, represent the undoing of that." - Ethan Van Sciver.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 01:18 AM   #91
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,971
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
"Ugh. Taking a writer from a manly movie like Expendables and putting him on Wonder Woman. What a cuck."

Did I do that right?
I was thinking having having men write Wonder Woman would be a source of criticism. I didn't know the first one was written by Allan Heinberg.
I really didn't like the 5 issue reboot he did for Wonder Woman back in the day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-17, 03:04 AM   #92
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,752
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
I was thinking having having men write Wonder Woman would be a source of criticism. I didn't know the first one was written by Allan Heinberg.
I really didn't like the 5 issue reboot he did for Wonder Woman back in the day.
He's credited but it's known Jenkins and Geoff Johns worked on the script, just apparently not enough to get credit by the WGA.
__________________
"I get paid to be suspicious when I've got nothing to be suspicious about." -- The Firm
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 12:52 AM   #93
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 16,049
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Guess I'll hold off on the Blu-Ray for now ... $24.99 is the cheapest I'm finding it. Does that make me sexist or just cheap?
__________________
Choose a seat, not a side.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 01:09 AM   #94
DVD Talk Hero
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 47,947
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Guess I'll hold off on the Blu-Ray for now ... $24.99 is the cheapest I'm finding it. Does that make me sexist or just cheap?
You must be tired. This is the sequel news thread, not the BD thread in HD Talk.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 01:17 AM   #95
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obi-Wan Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 8,987
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
You must be tired. This is the sequel news thread, not the BD thread in HD Talk.
Either that or he's a time traveler.

How did the sequel come out future boy?

__________________
"I doubt anyone would use any of my comments in their signature." - gcribbs

-----
PSN: CactusKind
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 01:41 AM   #96
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 15,496
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Either that or he's a time traveler.

How did the sequel come out future boy?

Shockingly, DC films released between now and Wonder Woman 2 are so good that Marvel retired from making movies, saying they wouldn't bother if they couldn't compete, and Mike86 will become the president of the Zack Snyder fan club.
__________________
You really have a low threshold for sig material. - Numanoid
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:53 AM   #97
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 54,153
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Shockingly, DC films released between now and Wonder Woman 2 are so good that Marvel retired from making movies, saying they wouldn't bother if they couldn't compete, and Mike86 will become the president of the Zack Snyder fan club.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: Giantrobo
On my 4th 360 as of 3.26.10
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 12:10 PM   #98
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: More drinks, more fun!
Posts: 14,466
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Yeah, I know Wonder Woman is loved and I already know I'll get the standard Mike86 is a DC hater, but I think people are willing to give the film a pass on a lot that it doesn't do better than other DCEU films. It's really not as great as it's been made out to be in my opinion. It's very good but the way people act you'd think it's a masterpiece or something which it's not. Patty Jenkins definitely seemed to take a lot of cues from Snyder for action scenes in particular and I honestly didn't think they were much better than what we've seen previously by Snyder. The slow mo shit is horrible and took me out of any scene it was used in and the final boss battle was a standard CG character bloated battle mess.
It's...
It's a mainstream comic book movie. Or, just a big modern action movie.

In the realm of mainstream comic book movies, it does more right than it does wrong. That's it. That's why it's better than most of the other mainstream comic book movies, especially after the abysmal BvS, SS, and Avengers 2. That's why people are maybe a little exaggerated when they talk about it; like Deadpool or GotG. Having a strong female lead helped this one, too.

It ain't no masterpiece, though. Not even The Dark Knight is. Maybe "Which comic book movies would you consider masterpieces?" would be an interesting thread. My answer (not really thinking too hard about it) is zero. None are. But I'm willing to hear out opinions of those who see way more of these films than I do.
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 12:37 PM   #99
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 15,496
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It's...
It's a mainstream comic book movie. Or, just a big modern action movie.

In the realm of mainstream comic book movies, it does more right than it does wrong. That's it. That's why it's better than most of the other mainstream comic book movies, especially after the abysmal BvS, SS, and Avengers 2. That's why people are maybe a little exaggerated when they talk about it; like Deadpool or GotG. Having a strong female lead helped this one, too.

It ain't no masterpiece, though. Not even The Dark Knight is. Maybe "Which comic book movies would you consider masterpieces?" would be an interesting thread. My answer (not really thinking too hard about it) is zero. None are. But I'm willing to hear out opinions of those who see way more of these films than I do.
If you're opening it to comic book movies instead of superhero movies, I think American Splendor and Persepolis might qualify. Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, Akira and Blue is the Warmest Color might also fit.
__________________
You really have a low threshold for sig material. - Numanoid
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 01:06 PM   #100
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,581
Re: Wonder Woman 2 (2019, D: Jenkins) S: Gadot -- News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It's...
It's a mainstream comic book movie. Or, just a big modern action movie.

In the realm of mainstream comic book movies, it does more right than it does wrong. That's it. That's why it's better than most of the other mainstream comic book movies, especially after the abysmal BvS, SS, and Avengers 2. That's why people are maybe a little exaggerated when they talk about it; like Deadpool or GotG. Having a strong female lead helped this one, too.

It ain't no masterpiece, though. Not even The Dark Knight is. Maybe "Which comic book movies would you consider masterpieces?" would be an interesting thread. My answer (not really thinking too hard about it) is zero. None are. But I'm willing to hear out opinions of those who see way more of these films than I do.
I'm not saying it's a bad film at all but I definitely don't feel like it lives up to the hype. Especially when some are saying it deserves a shot at being in the running for Oscars I'm sorry but it's become overrated. It definitely feels like it fell in the good graces of many people because it was a superhero film led by a female and had a female director. I have nothing against that but it follows a lot of the same tropes that people criticize other films in the genre for (weak villains, fairly cookie cutter plot, overly stylized action scenes). To me it was a fairly average film at best. Better than what came before it in the DCEU (which I think is another reason people are more forgiving of the film because after three less than stellar films a decent film was needed) but really no better than any average Marvel film either.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0