DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Hellboy -- reboot (2019, D: Neil Marshall) S: David Harbour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/640023-hellboy-reboot-2019-d-neil-marshall-s-david-harbour.html)

dex14 05-08-17 08:09 PM

Hellboy -- reboot (2019, D: Neil Marshall) S: David Harbour

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMikeMignola1%2Fposts%2F10155256693977521&width=500" width="500" height="220" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Okay, here's some news--
There IS going to be another HELLBOY MOVIE.
It's going to be an R rated reboot directed by Neil Marshall (The Descent, Game Of Thrones) and staring David Harbour (Stranger Things) as Hellboy.
More news to come soon--

TGM 05-08-17 08:16 PM

re: Hellboy -- reboot (2019, D: Neil Marshall) S: David Harbour

I'm down with this.

OldBoy 05-08-17 08:21 PM

Whoa, didn't see that coming, but wasn't Perlman just terrific? Gonna be hard to shake him...

dex14 05-08-17 08:31 PM

Millennium is in negotiations with producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin for a new installment that would reboot and relaunch the property. Dark Horse Entertainment is also producing.

Neil Marshall, the horror director who broke out with The Descent and won raves for his work on Game of Thrones, is in talks to direct the project, which has a working title of Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen and has a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.

Last year del Toro, Dark Horse Entertainment, Levin and Gordon, the latter who controls the rights, explored their options. However, the budget was a stumbling block, with del Toro wanting a bigger canvas for his vision. In the end, the producers decided a reboot and relaunch was the more feasible route.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ource=facebook

E Unit 05-08-17 08:33 PM

Uh, no.

Why So Blu? 05-08-17 08:38 PM

And no mention of Guillermo del Toro? WTF?

Did he and Mignola have a falling out? I'm assuming that was his cryptic blunt tweet from a couple of months ago when he said that the project was DEAD. He did not elaborate.

inri222 05-08-17 08:39 PM

$$$$$$$$

Troy Stiffler 05-08-17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13068558)
Did he and Mignola have a falling out? I'm assuming that was his cryptic blunt tweet from a couple of months ago when he said that the project was DEAD. He did not elaborate.

GDT did a poll (on Twitter?). Then he had a meeting with producers (and maybe the major players?). They were told 'no' and I think that's when it died.

Why So Blu? 05-08-17 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler (Post 13068563)
GDT did a poll (on Twitter?). Then he had a meeting with producers (and maybe the major players?). They were told 'no' and I think that's when it died.

And now it's alive all of a sudden?

DaveyJoe 05-08-17 08:44 PM

I liked the first two movies, but this sounds interesting as well.

Deftones 05-08-17 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13068564)

He was told no. Not that they would do another one.

Troy Stiffler 05-08-17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13068564)

I think that was Hellboy 3. Sounds like a different project from this. It's all speculation until someone speaks up.

dex14 05-08-17 09:01 PM

I posted an article from THR with more details.

devilshalo 05-08-17 09:42 PM

I wonder what made the difference in financing a reboot over part 3? I can't imagine GDT and Perlman asking for a ton of money.

GoldenJCJ 05-08-17 09:45 PM

Neil Marshall is EXTREMELY hit or miss.

I'm not a fan of the first two Hellboy movies (although I loved Perlman, it'll be tough to replace him) so I'll give this a shot.

Ideally I'd like to see Del Toro brought on to produce and lead in the visuals department with Marshall directing. I love Del Toros eye for visuals but much of his directing leaves a lot to be desired.

majorjoe23 05-08-17 09:48 PM

I really wanted Hellboy 3, but I would give Marshall and Harbour a shot.

Jackskeleton 05-08-17 10:27 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/dCdGHgF7yFHFK/giphy.gif

Yeah, this is nonsense. Cashing in on the r-rating but not on the two important parts about the series - Perlman and Del Toro.

As Del Toro would say "Fuckin' fuck fuck Fuck!"

fumanstan 05-08-17 10:28 PM

I like Marshall's TV work, but then again I also thought Doomsday was one of the worst movies i've ever seen. I'd rather see a Hellboy 3.

Josh-da-man 05-08-17 10:29 PM

Really -meh- on another Hellboy movie.

I really think the concept works best as a comic book. Seeing this stuff in real lie, moving around doesn't have the same impact as seeing Mignola's static art on the page.

Abob Teff 05-08-17 10:50 PM

Uhhhhh .... Willing to entertain a "reboot" but not thrilled with the way it is presented. No Del Toro? No Perlman? It's like tacos with no meat and no shells.

I thought Harbour was one of the weaker elements of Stranger Things, so this does not excite me.

Why So Blu? 05-09-17 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 13068646)
Uhhhhh .... Willing to entertain a "reboot" but not thrilled with the way it is presented. No Del Toro? No Perlman? It's like tacos with no meat and no shells.

I thought Harbour was one of the weaker elements of Stranger Things, so this does not excite me.

Shells? What fucking meat are you referring to? If you say ground beef then those aren't legit. Use a different analogy.

/endrant

d2cheer 05-09-17 07:58 AM

No just fuck no. The good thing for me is I can choose not to see it like almost everyone else will do. This will bomb. Not giving us the HB III the sequel almost everyone wants but giving us a reboot no one wants??? Stupid as fuck...

nando820 05-09-17 08:22 AM

I like David Harbour but its pretty sad we wont get a proper Hellboy 3. I wish I was a millionaire so that I could give Del Toro money to make the movie

TomOpus 05-09-17 10:13 AM

This is a big NOPE. And I will hit social media with my opinion. Not that it will stop them but I can at least say I voted.

RichC2 05-09-17 10:14 AM

I love the aesthetic of the first two but didn't care for the movies themselves. So I'm sort of indifferent here.

Contribution level: 0