Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Lovers (2017) S: Tracy Letts, Debra Winger, Aidan Gillen, Melora Walters

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-17, 07:23 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9-cXD0zI7Rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Lovers is a refreshing, funny look at love, fidelity, and family, starring Debra Winger and Tracy Letts as a long-married and completely dispassionate husband and wife. Both are in the midst of serious affairs and are increasingly committed to their new partners. But on the brink of officially calling it quits, a spark between them suddenly and unexpectedly reignites, leading them into an impulsive romance that forces them to navigate the hilarious complications of "cheating" on their respective lovers. A mixture of humor and powerful emotion, the story is a uniquely honest take on modern marriage.
www.imdb.com/title/tt5770620/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lovers_2017

A lot of good reviews for this one. I saw the trailer a while back and thought it looked good. And it being from A24 always makes me take notice. Tracy Letts is always entertaining to me.
Old 05-03-17, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: The Lovers (2017) S: Tracy Letts, Debra Winger, Aidan Gillen, Melora Walters

Good to see Debra Winger back. Not sure if she's been gone, but I don't remember seeing her in very much in a long time.
Old 05-04-17, 05:40 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: The Lovers (2017) S: Tracy Letts, Debra Winger, Aidan Gillen, Melora Walters

She is currently on Ashton Kutcher's Netflix show, The Ranch.
Old 05-04-17, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
She is currently on Ashton Kutcher's Netflix show, The Ranch.
Yup and she is very good in it. This sounds like a hoot and I want to see it.
Old 08-05-17, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

This just came out on video. I enjoyed it. It is a little slow moving and the score can almost put you to sleep, but it is good, well-written and rewarding if you stick with it.

Good cast.