Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Future Star Wars projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Future Star Wars projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 09-22-18, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Future Star Wars projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

You guys really take your Star Wars seriously.
Old 09-22-18, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I only brought up a truth in how you come across and judging from other posts and messages Iíve received I'm not the only one...
That's not "a truth," that's just an opinion, even if more than one person shares it. That you don't understand the distinction between opinion and facts is part of the problem.

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Youíve gone as far as breaking down a post to make it seem like something I posted was supposed to come off a way that it wasnít intended to..
If I've misinterpreted your meaning,you can correct me and/or clarify your points. Communication is a two way street. I can only understand you based on what you write, I'm not a mind reader.
Old 09-22-18, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
You are coming off as an arrogant asstard.
Mod note: Refrain from personal attacks.
Old 09-22-18, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not that my opinion matters much, but as someone that has given Mike86 plenty of light hearted shit for some of his comments in various DC movie threads, I disagree completely with the characterization of him described above. I've been able to call him out on his opinions that I felt were unreasonable and have a normal debate about it without him playing any sort of victim card in a resentful manner.

Trying to be honest without getting too offensive here but as The Last Jedi thread has also shown me, once these discussions turn in to picking apart people's terminology word for word and holding them to their very literal definitions to try and prove someone is wrong is also when these topics stop being fun to discuss. Others may enjoy being so specific and clarifying every single detail and every single word in those back and forths, but I'd rather just ignore those kind of responses now - not because I feel wrong or defeated - but because it's a chore.

Last edited by fumanstan; 09-22-18 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-22-18, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Taking into consideration that both the subsequent releases of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, both the 2015 Supreme Cinema Series release and the UHD release don’t use the same remaster from the 2007 release, it looks like the people who called out just how shitty it was were right all along.

Answer print, my ass!

baracine was right!

Or maybe they changed it because of whiny fanboys and toxic fans...
Old 09-22-18, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Taking into consideration that both the subsequent releases of Bram Stokerís Dracula, both the 2015 Supreme Cinema Series release and the UHD release donít use the same remaster from the 2007 release, it looks like the people who called out just how shitty it was were right all along.

Answer print, my ass!

baracine was right!

Or maybe they changed it because of whiny fanboys and toxic fans...
Wrong thread?

I think everyone knew that answer print excuse given by Sony was them covering up how bad it looked.
Old 09-22-18, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Wrong thread?
I ainít the one who dredged that thread up here...

Though that particular discussion might provide some lessons that apply here.
Old 09-22-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I ainít the one who dredged that thread up here...

Though that particular discussion might provide some lessons that apply here.
I brought it up as an example of my tenacity, not whether I was right or not.

To bring it back to this thread, Rian Johnson's trilogy may well end up cancelled. Hell, it may already be canceled. However, that doesn't mean that Mike86's speculation on Iger's comments was correct or well reasoned. An argument isn't a good argument just because it accidentally turns out to be right. I was arguing against his speculation based on the merits of the speculation, which were none.
Old 09-22-18, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Weíll sure all of that sounds fantastic but apparently the true fans only want to see Luke Skywalker destroying ATATs with a wave of his hand.
wave of his hand no, nod to the comic using a lightsaber? yes!
Old 09-23-18, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Based on what you bolded in the quote you used as "evidence," apparently one can't call an opinion "wrong" or "poor" without being considered arrogant. Is that your stance? Whereas calling someone an "arrogant asstard" is perfectly polite?

To be fair to baracine, he stopped when he ran out of argument, instead of sequeing into playing the victim card or attacking me.
Because you constantly attack people's opinions and what I bolded shows that despite your high and mighty attitude and perception that you are just providing facts and arguing facts you are in fact attacking people's opinions that are subjective but you call them wrong and poor. So yeah constantly telling people their opinions suck is highly arrogant.

And for the record I wasn't calling you an arrogant asstard. I was telling both you and Mike86 how you both come across as you blamed Mike86 that he had no idea how he was coming across to other people so I provided that perspective for both of you.
Old 09-23-18, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sorraffy View Post
wave of his hand no, nod to the comic using a lightsaber? yes!
That was soooo awesome to see back in 1991, when there hadnít been any new Star Wars in eight years. Then, boom, thereís Luke taking down a fucking AT-AT.

(I think Heir to the Empire came out a couple of months before, but I didnít get to read it until I picked the book up off of a remainder table.)
Old 09-23-18, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Because you constantly attack people's opinions and what I bolded shows that despite your high and mighty attitude and perception that you are just providing facts and arguing facts you are in fact attacking people's opinions that are subjective but you call them wrong and poor.
Criticizing people's opinions is something that's allowed in this forum, and I'd argue something essential to forum discussion. Also, using the terms "wrong" and "poor" to describe something subjective is something that happens all the time too. How many times has criticism of movies included those words? They're not signs of someone claiming their views are factual.

And for the record I wasn't calling you an arrogant asstard. I was telling both you and Mike86 how you both come across as you blamed Mike86 that he had no idea how he was coming across to other people so I provided that perspective for both of you.
Criticizing my tone as "arrogant" is fine, calling me an "asstard" isn't, even if you tried to couch it terms like I "come off ass" one. There was no reason for you to use the word "asstard" at all to make your point.
Old 09-23-18, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

These last two pages have become pretty tiring when trying to glean any useful discussion about future projects. Hopefully y'all can come to a conclusion soon, and the topic can get back in line.
Old 09-23-18, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
These last two pages have become pretty tiring when trying to glean any useful discussion about future projects. Hopefully y'all can come to a conclusion soon, and the topic can get back in line.
To sum up: there's no new info on future projects, aside from Iger saying that Disney is going to "slow down."
Old 09-23-18, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Criticizing people's opinions is something that's allowed in this forum, and I'd argue something essential to forum discussion. Also, using the terms "wrong" and "poor" to describe something subjective is something that happens all the time too. How many times has criticism of movies included those words? They're not signs of someone claiming their views are factual.
Having a healthy discussion about opinions is great. Quoting someone specific and saying their opinion is wrong and poor isn't. That's how you come across. It's like having a discussion about ice cream flavor and someone saying their favorite is vanilla and you saying nope that's wrong. Chocolate is clearly the best. So you pointing out that your speculation is clearly superior to someone else's is just ridiculous and tiresome.

I actually enjoy your defense of certain points of contention and when you present your take on things. But when you constantly badger people and say they are wrong for their opinion and especially when you present no counter argument except for your opinion is better than theirs that's what rubs people the wrong way.

Criticizing my tone as "arrogant" is fine, calling me an "asstard" isn't, even if you tried to couch it terms like I "come off ass" one. There was no reason for you to use the word "asstard" at all to make your point.
And now you know how irritating it can be to point out grammatical minutiae to defend a ridiculous statement.
Old 09-24-18, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Oh god, I was wrong. This thread can get worse than reiterating old arguments about TLJ.
Old 09-24-18, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Having a healthy discussion about opinions is great. Quoting someone specific and saying their opinion is wrong and poor isn't.
No, the latter is allowed too. And I attack the reasoning given for the opinion, not the opinion itself. I would never attack someone's personal preference for ice cream, but if they said "chocolate sucks as a flavor because...." I may attack the reasoning behind saying chocolate is bad.

So you pointing out that your speculation is clearly superior to someone else's is just ridiculous and tiresome.
I agree, which is why I never said that. My point was that my speculation was equally valid, which means that any speculation of what Iger's statements meant towards Rian Johnsons trilogy were meaningless, since there wasn't a single clear interpretation base on the facts at hand.

But when you constantly badger people and say they are wrong for their opinion and especially when you present no counter argument except for your opinion...
Cite an instance where I didn't provide reasoning for my opinion as a counter.

And now you know how irritating it can be to point out grammatical minutiae to defend a ridiculous statement.
How? Calling me an asstard wasn't "grammatical minutiae," it was namecalling. Even a mod said it was a personal attack. Trying to twist that into a "lesson" for me, instead of apologizing for violating a forum rule for civil discourse, shows who's really acting arrogant.
Old 09-24-18, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gary Kurtz one of the producers on Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back has died at 78.
https://www.thewrap.com/gary-kurtz-s...ducer-dies-78/
Old 09-24-18, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I figure no SW movie for 2020. It'd suck if there's no SW movie for 2021 either.

I'd guess May 2022 for a new trilogy.
Old 09-24-18, 04:34 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Kotor kotor kotor ffs!!!
Old 09-24-18, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

RIP to Gary Kurtz. Maybe he could've saved or at least made the prequels bearable.
Old 09-24-18, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
I figure no SW movie for 2020. It'd suck if there's no SW movie for 2021 either.

Works for me.
Old 09-24-18, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

Hopefully not directed by Rian Johnson.
Old 09-24-18, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Hopefully not directed by Rian Johnson.
He can direct it, as long as he’s kept on a short leash and gets zero story input. The dumbfuck isn’t fit to write a beer commercial.
Old 09-25-18, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody here watch Mike Zeroh's content on Youtube? He has a lot of interesting stuff about the SW movies upcoming and if his rumors are to be believed, it could be a really cool future. That said, i don't know if the guy is totally crazy or has an insider; he spews a LOT of potential spoilers.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.