Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix Resurrections (2021, D: Lana Wachowski) S: Reeves, Moss

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Matrix Resurrections (2021, D: Lana Wachowski) S: Reeves, Moss

Old 01-23-11, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts
Re: The Matrix 4?

Originally Posted by gmanca
For what real purpose?
A sequel.
Old 01-23-11, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it will be him as the 7th? version of himself. I'm thinking back to the Architect scene. Maybe the machines go back on their word and decide to reboot the matrix, therefore the anomaly is reborn. Then they can take it in a different direction.
Old 01-23-11, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
A sequel.
That was the exact answer I was going to give.
Old 01-23-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd give it another shot.

But it kind of feels too soon. What can it really bring when things like Inception and Tron: Legacy have already sort of filled in these alternate reality / human in the machine holes lately?

I'm not sure if many people would be as receptive to this after only 10 years. Even Keanu is a catch-22. Can't make one without him and including him seems like a joke. I don't know...
Old 01-23-11, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
A sequel.
That's superfluous.
Old 01-23-11, 08:42 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Revolutions blatantly left Neo's return a possibility
If you think he's Jesus, I suppose. Or unless I'm remembering it wrong.
Old 01-23-11, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
If you think he's Jesus, I suppose. Or unless I'm remembering it wrong.
Your not too far off. However, The Oracle blatantly hinted at his return in the final scene so that's really all anyone need's to know.
Old 01-23-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
That's superfluous.
Not to mention jejune.
Old 01-23-11, 09:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice one
Old 01-23-11, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like for them to have another shot at the title.
Old 01-23-11, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

This thread inspired me to watch my HD DVD of The Matrix today. The flick still holds up, despite a few cheeseball moments (that were cheesy even when the film was first released).

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Wait, from that IMDB listing it looks like he's playing a Japanese character in a cast of Japanese actors. WTF?
Well he is Eurasian. So at least he's only half miscast. Sorta...

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-23-11 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'd give it another shot.

But it kind of feels too soon. What can it really bring when things like Inception and Tron: Legacy have already sort of filled in these alternate reality / human in the machine holes lately?

I'm not sure if many people would be as receptive to this after only 10 years. Even Keanu is a catch-22. Can't make one without him and including him seems like a joke. I don't know...
Regardless of what you think of either in terms of quality/entertain (both or just take your pick) and just basing it off the general murmur of the average moviegoer for either film. Nobody's talking about Tron: Legacy in whatever form in comparison to Inception.

Tron was probably more like popcorn fun while Inception was taken as more serious film. People still talk about Inception being amazing and whatnot while Tron is just cool and not groundbreaking (not that Inception is but you get what I'm saying?), I guess.

So maybe it can more "adult" drama into that subgenre (or whatever) while also bring some badass action scenes and also push further some form of moviemaking tech or ability to be cool.

On a personal note: As a whole the only thing that really kills The Matrix franchise to me in terms of style is Zion, I didn't mind the machine world too much. Really fucking boring place that Zion was. Also...relax a little...it took itself too seriously in Revolutions and was too over dramatic at times.

I want more Matrix world and less Zion. Also...what kind of villain do you make to surpass the awesomeness of Agent Smith? Maybe...make Neo the villain or something, just thought that up right now...who nows what kind of conflict will exist. Flip the audience's perception of "what is" on it's head.

I liked The Matrix a lot when I first saw it. Over time..the dialogue really kills it...well the dialogue in the real world.

Matrix Reloaded was a cool action flick, but again...Zion is boring.

Revolutions was the weakest but I do enjoy some aspects of it. Mainly...just the Matrix elements. Zion again...was the weakest part of this. Acting was very poor as well w/ some of the characters. on the top of my mind, The Kid and Zee.
Old 01-23-11, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was not likening the two films. In fact, I almost talked about how they were basically different halves of The Matrix, but I didn't feel like getting into all of that.
Old 01-23-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the original Matrix universe, the settings and the world inside the Matrix could not change. I think it would be cool if they did like Inception and made it so that the entire world changes (buildings, trees, etc.)
Old 01-23-11, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
In the original Matrix universe, the settings and the world inside the Matrix could not change. I think it would be cool if they did like Inception and made it so that the entire world changes (buildings, trees, etc.)
That was something touched upon Ghost Story, my favorite short in The Animatrix.
Old 01-23-11, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd happily go to another Matrix movie as long as it's NOT written by the Wachowski's. If they can farm that thing out to a real screenwriter, and then come in and plug in the lovely SFX, then I'll be excited. But if they try to pass off another round of Philosphy 101/Landmark Education claptrap as a screenplay, then I'm staying far far away.
Old 01-24-11, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm another that enjoyed the sequels.

Some reading on the allegory they were shooting for helped.

I'm not a fan of allegory and excessive symbolism - but I respect that the Ws tried to blend action movie with heavy allegorical elements. To me the result came out better than most empty action movies. Then again I'm not a fan of the empty-blow-shit-up action movie like a lot of people are.
Old 01-24-11, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Please. Make it stop. Three bad movies is more than enough.
Old 01-24-11, 07:44 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Please. Make it stop. Three bad movies is more than enough.
surely you mean "two" bad movies? the original Matrix was awesome.
Old 01-24-11, 08:25 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I liked the sequels enough that I'd watch another Matrix film.
Old 01-24-11, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

The Matrix was revolutionary and the sequels were a total letdown. The W Brothers owe us a better conclusion to that mess of a story. I'd be all over new films.
Old 01-24-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm too lazy to check out their grosses but both of the examples listed benefit from 10+ years of inflation and PG-13 ratings and if I found out that either one of them (even "Tron Legacy" with its disappointing box office) outgrossed "The Matrix" I wouldn't be surprised but even so I don't think either one of those movies has even come close to erasing "The Matrix" in the public's eyes.

Originally Posted by lamphorn
I'd happily go to another Matrix movie as long as it's NOT written by the Wachowski's. If they can farm that thing out to a real screenwriter, and then come in and plug in the lovely SFX, then I'll be excited. But if they try to pass off another round of Philosphy 101/Landmark Education claptrap as a screenplay, then I'm staying far far away.
"The Matrix" had examples of awful writing, that same bad writing was amplified in the sequels but even though the first movie is nearly unanimously-loved the bad writing has been a part of the series from day 1 and for better or worse I'd rather go into further "Matrix" movies knowing there were going to be long stretches of stiff dialogue that sound like the pretentious ponderings of a high school student discovering marijuana and philosophy at the same time.

If they had someone write the characters so they weren't one-dimensional and gave them relatable and interesting problems it wouldn't be "The Matrix".
Old 01-24-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Fake. Keanu wasn't in London; Matrix 4 isn't happening.
Old 01-24-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A shame. Surprising amount of open-ness in this thread to the idea.
Old 01-24-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't Keanu in a recent episode of The Graham Norton Show specify that he was indeed in London? heck, I think he mentioned he was there specifically to shoot portions of 47 Ronin. I know the article specifies that he was not in the London International School of Performing Arts but the headline is very misleading.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.