Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix Resurrections (2021, D: Lana Wachowski) S: Reeves, Moss

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A reader report of Keanu Reeves at a screening, from AICN: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199
Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.
To be quite honest, as a project I never considered would honestly happen (based on the reception of the sequels), I find myself surprisingly open to the idea of making more if the idea is good. The universe and style of The Matrix was and still is intriguing to me even if the story of the sequels was lackluster, and I also like that, thanks to The Animatrix and the various games, the way Keanu phrases it makes it sound less like a sequel (despite the thread title) and more like further films set in the universe. Can't imagine where this would be going, so I'm intrigued to, at the very least, hear more about it.

Last edited by tylergfoster; 01-23-11 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: The Matrix 4?

Only way I can see this working is if it's aliens vs the machines. Anything else is a rehash.
Old 01-23-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
Only way I can see this working is if it's aliens vs the machines. Anything else is a rehash.
How about Predator versus Machines?
Old 01-23-11, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Shazam
How about Predator versus Machines?
Ha, I know it's a bit absurd but really, another movie about the machine human dynamic? Even if the films sucked, they did fully resolve the whole struggle between the two. To continue would be to reset the whole storyline and that's a bit weak.

If not aliens, then maybe there's a cluster of robots that were not a part of the matrix and lived with humans in peace? Really, it's all a bit much to continue.

Now BSG Toasters vs the Matrix bots, I'm there.
Old 01-23-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
A reader report of Keanu Reeves at a screening, from AICN: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199 To be quite honest, as a project I never considered would honestly happen (based on the reception of the sequels), I find myself surprisingly open to the idea of making more if the idea is good. The universe and style of The Matrix was and still is intriguing to me even if the story of the sequels was lackluster, and I also like that, thanks to The Animatrix and the various games, the way Keanu phrases it makes it sound less like a sequel (despite the thread title) and more like further films set in the universe. Can't imagine where this would be going, so I'm intrigued to, at the very least, hear more about it.
Agreed. I think the Matrix universe is ripe for great storytelling and they could possibly make an amazing 4th film. Also, a 3D Matrix film is the only idea I've heard to get me intrigued in 3D.
Old 01-23-11, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy really wants to play Neo again?

Old 01-23-11, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd watch it.
Old 01-23-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I give him a lot of credit for fully admitting the sequels were not what the fans deserved. I liked them, despite critical consensus, but felt the back-to-back filming was definitely a hinderance to their potential.
Old 01-23-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I'd watch it. And Keanu'd still be in fighting shape thanks to his training for 47 Ronin.
Old 01-23-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'd watch it. And Keanu'd still be in fighting shape thanks to his training for 47 Ronin.
Wait, from that IMDB listing it looks like he's playing a Japanese character in a cast of Japanese actors. WTF?
Old 01-23-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be there. I actually liked the sequels once I got past the fact they failed to live up to the first one.

I'm probably one of the few people that thought The Matrix Revolutions was far better than The Matrix Reloaded.
Old 01-23-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I love all the Matrix films. Great action all around. Got no problem with them.

I always felt that there had to be another sequel though, Neo could not go out like that. So this is great news to hear! I would love to see a 4th one. Especially if they can make it like the first which is the most solid one in the trilogy.
Old 01-23-11, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by GenPion
I'd be there. I actually liked the sequels once I got past the fact they failed to live up to the first one.

I'm probably one of the few people that thought The Matrix Revolutions was far better than The Matrix Reloaded.
Throw me in that camp too. I find myself watching segments of Reloaded over, whereas I've watched Revolutions two to three times on DVD.

The only thing I didn't care for about Revolutions was portions of the final fight,
but from a story point, the absurdity made sense.
Old 01-23-11, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Wait, from that IMDB listing it looks like he's playing a Japanese character in a cast of Japanese actors. WTF?
Well, he is part Japanese.
Old 01-23-11, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be game for more if it had a story that wasn't full of itself like Revolutions. Reloaded was great w/ the action. Revolution didn't have enough of it..and I hated Zion. I understand why it's there but it's pretty boring and not compelling enough to make me give a damn about it. It looked boring and unrealistic for what I'd really expect humans to make out of the situation they had to do so. Too improbable in other words.
Old 01-23-11, 05:38 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I liked all 3 Matrix films, I'm game for another... -kd5-
Old 01-23-11, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved 1 & 2, but hated 3. I'd be interested in a new one.
Old 01-23-11, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have I wandered onto the wrong website? I thought hating the Matrix sequels was mandatory around here.

Loved Reloaded, liked Revolutions. Would definitely be down for more.
Old 01-23-11, 06:06 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I'm obviously in if it's good. But how is Neo back? Does this take place between the first and the second movie? Are we going to get some shitty retcon? Are they going to pull a Star Trek 09?

Oh, and put me on record as saying the sequels were lazy and not worthy of the Matrix title. The Animatrix was mainly good, though.
Old 01-23-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I'd prefer another Animatrix.
9 or 10 more Matrix-related stories by the same animators.
That would get me excited, not another empty big-budget live-action Keanu-centric sequel.
Old 01-23-11, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Well, I'm obviously in if it's good. But how is Neo back? Does this take place between the first and the second movie? Are we going to get some shitty retcon? Are they going to pull a Star Trek 09?

Oh, and put me on record as saying the sequels were lazy and not worthy of the Matrix title. The Animatrix was mainly good, though.
I always imagined that when Morpheus talked about other "the ones" they all looked like Neo. Sort of like a reincarnation thing. I could see him playing a new "one" or something like that.
Old 01-23-11, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I'd prefer another Animatrix.
9 or 10 more Matrix-related stories by the same animators.
That would get me excited, not another empty big-budget live-action Keanu-centric sequel.
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I always imagined that when Morpheus talked about other "the ones" they all looked like Neo. Sort of like a reincarnation thing. I could see him playing a new "one" or something like that.
Also, I know it's just random phrasing on the part of the poster, but "would see him return as Neo" gives me thoughts of a movie where he plays a major supporting, but not lead role.
Old 01-23-11, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Revolutions blatantly left Neo's return a possibility
Old 01-23-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I really dug the second one, but haven't seen Revolutions since I saw it in the theater even though I've owned it on both DVD and Blu in various box sets.

I would be down for a couple more though... if they are done well.
Old 01-23-11, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Revolutions blatantly left Neo's return a possibility
For what real purpose?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.