Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

All The Money In The World (2017, D: Ridley Scott) S: Williams, Wahlberg, NOT Spacey

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

All The Money In The World (2017, D: Ridley Scott) S: Williams, Wahlberg, NOT Spacey

Old 10-31-17, 01:16 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
re: All The Money In The World (2017, D: Ridley Scott) S: Williams, Wahlberg, NOT Spacey

I wonder how much screentime Spacey has in this. Would it be commercially viable to reshoot his scenes with a different actor?
Old 10-31-17, 01:28 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts
re: All The Money In The World (2017, D: Ridley Scott) S: Williams, Wahlberg, NOT Spacey

Originally Posted by Groucho
I wonder how much screentime Spacey has in this. Would it be commercially viable to reshoot his scenes with a different actor?
That seems unnecessary. He is in heavy makeup. They just need to remove him from any future marketing. General audiences probably won't even know it's him in the movie. But I'm sure the media won't let anyone forget...
Old 10-31-17, 01:29 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Against Last Jedi?

ATMITW opens 12/8, Last Jedi opens 12/15 and Jumanji opens 12/20. C'mon now..
Yeah, against Jedi. Jumanji is more an all ages family flick than Jedi will be. Remember this SW movie is going into some dark territory. Jumanji will be the perfect antidote. Besides, there's enough room for both to be big hits.
Old 10-31-17, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Yeah, against Jedi. Jumanji is more an all ages family flick than Jedi will be. Remember this SW movie is going into some dark territory. Jumanji will be the perfect antidote. Besides, there's enough room for both to be big hits.
I don't see it. Of course I'm cynical working for this shit studio that has made a lot of bad movies and worse marketing decisions. The only thing I see, is that it benefits from sold out TLJ screenings. But I think the last Princess Leia performance is gonna put The Rock in a sleeper hold.
Old 10-31-17, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

I didn't think Spacey was getting hit too hard about his sexual advances. Leave it.

I think this is going to be an excellent film.
Old 10-31-17, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It's probably too late now. But if they were going to do it, I'd suggest Craig T. Nelson because that's who Spacey kinda looks like in this film to me.
Old 11-02-17, 05:04 PM

Kevin Spacey’s robust supporting actor Oscar campaign for Ridley Scott’s “All the Money in the World” has been shelved, Variety has learned. The move comes amid allegations of sexual harassment directed at the two-time Oscar-winning actor that stretch back 30 years.

Buried under considerable makeup and prosthetics, Spacey stars as oil tycoon J. Paul Getty in the film. The campaign was going to feature him front and center and focus on his physical transformation, according to two individuals with knowledge of the discontinued plans. But the embattled actor will no longer be in the spotlight as Sony and TriStar Pictures look to salvage the awards marketing strategy by featuring Spacey’s co-stars Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg.
http://variety.com/2017/film/in-cont...ld-1202605587/
Old 11-02-17, 05:08 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Kind of odd that Wahlberg is still okay, given that at about the same time Spacey was getting into trouble he was out blinding a dude.
Old 11-03-17, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 462 Likes on 306 Posts

Is it really odd? Wahlberg's heinous crime happened before he was an actor, he admitted what he did, was tried as an adult, went to jail, and didn't blind that poor man.
Old 11-06-17, 01:39 PM

Sony Pictures is considering moving the release date of “All the Money in the World” and is weighing canceling its American Film Institute premiere next week, according to insiders. The studio is still debating how to best position the Ridley Scott drama in the wake of multiple sexual assault and harassment allegations against its star Kevin Spacey.

A final decision has yet to be made. If “All the Money in the World’s” premiere is moved, there is a good chance it will be released in June 2018 instead of its current Dec. 22, 2017 release date. The film, which centers on the kidnapping of billionaire J. Paul Getty’s grandson in Italy and the efforts to recover him, was originally being positioned as an awards candidate with Spacey’s performance as Getty believed to be its best chance for an Oscar nomination. In the wake of the allegations, Spacey has become so toxic that the studio has abandoned an awards campaign for the actor.

“All the Money in the World” is scheduled to round out AFI Fest as its closing night selection. The event is to take place on Thursday, Nov. 16 in tandem with a tribute to director Ridley Scott. Scott, who produced and directed the picture, has urged the studio to cancel the AFI premiere, according to one insider. Other producers on the $40 million film disagree and believe the studio should move forward with the planned roll out. A spokesman for Scott did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The debate comes after a week of swift and decisive actions taken against the two-time Oscar-winning actor. Netflix first suspended production of the sixth and final season of “House of Cards,” and later suspended Spacey himself after eight employees of the series came forward with more allegations. The streaming company announced Friday that it would not be moving forward with any version of the show that includes Spacey, and that it would also be canceling the Gore Vidal biopic “Gore,” which was set to star the actor.

Scotland Yard has also launched an investigation into an alleged incident.

Meanwhile, as Variety exclusively reported, Spacey’s planned Oscar push for Scott’s film has been shelved. But with mounting allegations, it’s unclear whether Sony and TriStar are still planning to move ahead with its Dec. 22 release, though they were in the immediate wake of actor Anthony Rapp’s initial allegation that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was just 14 years old.

“All the Money in the World” is not the only upcoming Getty project. FX is releasing “Trust,” a 10 part mini-series on the Getty kidnapping, in January. From Danny Boyle (“Slumdog Millionaire”), the series stars Hillary Swank, Brendan Fraser, and Donald Sutherland.

AFI Fest kicks off Thursday Nov. 9 with a Netflix title, Dee Rees’ “Mudbound.”
http://variety.com/2017/film/awards/...ld-1202607717/
Old 11-06-17, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

If they do postpone it how will that affect Ridley Scott directing the next Alien flick? Will he go into production now?
Old 11-06-17, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
If they do postpone it how will that affect Ridley Scott directing the next Alien flick? Will he go into production now?
Why would it have any affect? The film is done.
Old 11-06-17, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dex14
Why would it have any affect? The film is done.
I guess to go on the road to promote it, market it, premieres, interviews, etc. Shit like that.
Old 11-08-17, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Would it be commercially viable to reshoot his scenes with a different actor?
Not sure, but they're doing it anyway.

In an unprecedented bold move, director Ridley Scott, along with Imperative Entertainment’s Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas have decided to remove Kevin Spacey from their finished movie All The Money In The World. Christopher Plummer has been set to replace Spacey in the role of J Paul Getty. Reshoots of the key scenes are expected to commence immediately. Scott is also determined to to keep the film’s December 22 release date.

In a unified front, the cast and crew of the film, and Sony Pictures, unanimously agreed to reshoot all of Spacey’s scenes, with Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams’ cooperation part of the mix.This comes on the heels of the decision to pull the film from the prestige closing night slot of the AFI Festival.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-sp...ty-1202204437/
Old 11-08-17, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

If he gets an Oscar nom it'd be funny salt in the wound.
Old 11-08-17, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 397 Likes on 265 Posts

wow, All The Money in the World, the Kevin Spacey cut. If this movie is any good, it could reach mythic status.
Old 11-08-17, 08:51 PM

I am extremely surprised by that. Even more so because they’re trying to keep the release date. It must be a pretty minimal role.
Old 11-08-17, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts
Re: All The Money In The World (2017, D: Ridley Scott) S: Williams, Wahlberg, NOT Spa

Old 11-08-17, 09:20 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: All The Money In The World (2017, D: Ridley Scott) S: Williams, Wahlberg, NOT Spa

That might be a first.

It strikes me as absurd. Just release the movie.
Old 11-08-17, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker

Yeah, I think it's quite clear: Kevin Spacey's career is officially over.
Old 11-08-17, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabuse
That might be a first.

It strikes me as absurd. Just release the movie.
Why? So people who follow the news can refuse to see it and it makes less (or even tanks) at the box office? So the other people involved can have their careers damaged? Imagine if protesters were to show up at the premiere. Or some theaters refuse to show it.

It's not like All the Money in the World is part of some franchise and it has to be released in December. So what if they wait another six months? Movies get delayed all the time, just never for this reason.

And whether it's the right or wrong thing to do, it shows that "Hollywood" is really willing to do something about this scandal. It's the smartest PR move they can make.
Old 11-08-17, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

Ridley Scott runs a lean and efficient operation. Not surprised he can pull this off.

I would have left it. But I'm not the one worrying about a $100M+ pool of investments.
Old 11-08-17, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
I would have left it. But I'm not the one worrying about a $100M+ pool of investments.
Pretty much my thought, especially since he's not really recognizable in the part. But I guess they felt like they needed to do it.
Old 11-09-17, 12:35 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems nuts, but with the technology today they could easily film Christopher Plummer against a green screen and digitally superimpose him over the location shots that had Spacey and no-one would be the wiser. Interiors they will just probably reshoot entirely. It's reported they need ten days of filming, that's still logistically a substantial amount of days.
Old 11-09-17, 12:44 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Not sure, but they're doing it anyway.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-sp...ty-1202204437/
Wow. Edgar Wright sure is lucky that Baby Driver came out before this Spacey stuff became public.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.