Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Battle of the franchises: Resident Evil or Underworld

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Which franchise do you prefer?
Underworld
11.54%
Resident Evil
46.15%
Both are equal.
23.08%
Both never should have made it past one movie.
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Battle of the franchises: Resident Evil or Underworld

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: Battle of the franchises: Resident Evil or Underworld

I never went past the first Underworld. I thought I liked it. I bought it on DVD. I guess I must not have liked it that much though as I have never seen a single one of the sequels.

I really like the first Resident Evil. Good, fun popcorn flick that I will still watch occasionally. RE2 was an abysmal turd. RE3 had some good stuff going for it but it's been awhile since I've watched it (love the juxtaposition of staying in the daylight vs. the darkness of the last two).

I'm not sure that I saw anything after that though. I take it back, I did see one more (I'm assuming 4) that ended with a bunch of Alices attacking a ship or something like that. Not sure. I taped Afterlife and Resurrection off Syfy last week (aired out of order!?) and will watch them (maybe today). Are those 4 and 5?

For anybody interested, the Now Playing podcast is currently doing the Resident Evil series. Very enjoyable!

I wanted to vote that neither series should have gone past one movie, but I went with Resident Evil. The movies aren't great by any stretch, but each one does have some cool new ideas or creative visuals.