Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-20-17, 06:53 PM   #1

Terminator: Rebotoot (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminat...ce-1201890848/
Old 01-20-17, 07:48 PM   #2
Inane Thread Master

re: Terminator: Rebotoot (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

well, ok.
Old 01-20-17, 07:50 PM   #3
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Terminator: Rebotoot (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

huh.
Old 01-20-17, 08:16 PM   #4
DVD Talk Hero

Not sure why I'd say no to this Of course, I haven't seen a Terminator movie since #3.
Old 01-20-17, 08:20 PM   #5
DVD Talk Godfather

The rights don't go back to Cameron for 2 more years.

The soonest this could see the light of day in a theater near you would be 2021 if I had to guess.

But that heavily depends if they have a script ready by then. I know Cameron is good friends with Arnold, but would anyone want to see a 70-something Arnold play the Terminator one more time?
Old 01-20-17, 08:22 PM   #6
DVD Talk Hero

I figure if I have to see a shirtless 72 year old Danny DeVito dripping AIDS blood, I can handle a 72 year old Arnold doing similar.
Old 01-20-17, 08:28 PM   #7
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Not sure why I'd say no to this Of course, I haven't seen a Terminator movie since #3.
Just watch Genisys on Hulu already!! You already fricking subscribe to it.

Out of all the sequels post-T2, Cameron supported it as he said in this interview:

He considers it the true 3rd movie.
Old 01-20-17, 08:35 PM   #8
DVD Talk Legend

Everyone - hold your breath for this. I'm sure it'll be fast tracked....after Avatarded II - XXLXVII.
Old 01-20-17, 08:50 PM   #9
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-20-17, 09:27 PM   #10
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Whatever. Just release T1 with the mono and un-fucked color-timing and do a proper remaster of T2. After that, I don't care. Do as you please.
Old 01-20-17, 09:55 PM   #11
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
I figure if I have to see a shirtless 72 year old Danny DeVito dripping AIDS blood, I can handle a 72 year old Arnold doing similar.
I have no idea what that was areference to, but my dick just shriveled up and retreated into my belly reading that.

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 01-20-17, 11:11 PM   #12
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I have no idea what that was areference to, but my dick just shriveled up and retreated into my belly reading that.
How pleasant.
Gillian Flynn
Old 01-20-17, 11:18 PM   #13
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Whatever. Just release T1 with the mono and un-fucked color-timing and do a proper remaster of T2. After that, I don't care. Do as you please.
And The Abyss on Blu ray--like at all. I'm fucking sick of the non-anamorphic letterbox DVD from 2000--that was 17 years ago.
Old 01-21-17, 07:24 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Old 01-21-17, 10:46 AM   #15
DVD Talk Reviewer

Jim is going to be too busy directing Avatars 6, 7, and 8 to bother with this.
Old 01-21-17, 12:19 PM   #16
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

Out of all the sequels post-T2, Cameron supported it as he said in this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA

Arnold: "Hey, Jim, can you do me a favor and promote this piece of shit?"

JC: "Yea, sure, I suppose I have seven minutes to spare..."

Blu-ray.com
Old 01-21-17, 05:45 PM   #17
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Jim is going to be too busy directing Avatars 6, 7, and 8 to bother with this.
So who's doing Avatars 2-5? Or are they finished already?
Old 01-21-17, 06:12 PM   #18
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA

James Cameron is full of shit, he will do anything to make his boy Arnold extra $$$$$.

"In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hoped it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it". If he had done it, would he have handled it differently: "Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structured it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it".

- James Cameron on T3 in a 2004 interview with BBC1
Old 01-21-17, 07:57 PM   #19
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
So who's doing Avatars 2-5? Or are they finished already?
Well, the script for part 2 didn't take long to crank out ...

Old 01-21-17, 08:01 PM   #20
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
But that heavily depends if they have a script ready by then. I know Cameron is good friends with Arnold, but would anyone want to see a 70-something Arnold play the Terminator one more time?
Personally, hell no. With all the fools around here clamoring for 75 year old Indiana Jones, you better believe they would squizz for Termin80r.
Old 01-21-17, 09:10 PM   #21
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Well, the script for part 2 didn't take long to crank out ...

So is Avatar 2 going to have Rocket Raccoon in it?

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 01-22-17, 12:55 PM   #22
DVD Talk Legend

I liked Genisys, boring actors aside. It would be nice to have some answers to the questions that movie set up, but it's not necessary.
Old 01-22-17, 01:35 PM   #23
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
So is Avatar 2 going to have Rocket Raccoon in it?
And Frank from Men In Black!
Old 01-23-17, 12:50 AM   #24
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If Arnie does another Terminator, he HAS to play a human. The Pops thing baaarely gets a pass. But he can't do it again. Make it come full circle and have his character be the basis of the T800. Anything. Just not as a Terminator.
Old 01-23-17, 10:55 PM   #25
DVD Talk Legend

I just looked at his director credits and realized other than Avatar he has not directed any other feature studio movies since Titanic in 97. He is currently making Avatar 2,3,4, and 5! What a downer.