Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-18, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Re: Terminator: Rebotoot (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron produc

I think part of the problem I have with the image too is there’s nothing about it that really says Terminator aside from Linda Hamilton. I mean sure people can speculate about the one girl being a Terminator but aside from guessing that’s the case I’m not seeing any solid evidence from that picture. Why not show John or Arnold as well? Maybe something that indicates this is Terminator and not just some post-apocalyptic film. Maybe some evidence of Skynet or an endoskeleton or something. Even just a logo or something. I get it’s one image but it’s the first thing we’re seeing and it doesn’t feel like Terminator or does anything to make me excited. It feels like some badly photoshopped image of the three actresses against a generic post-apocalyptic backdrop.
Old 08-02-18, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Re: Terminator: Rebotoot (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron produc

Maybe they are going to use a good female terminator which Cameron had planned for T3? A female Terminator sounds kinda nice:

Not to mention pretty fucking badass.
Old 08-02-18, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I think part of the problem I have with the image too is there’s nothing about it that really says Terminator aside from Linda Hamilton. I mean sure people can speculate the one girl being a Terminator but aside from guessing that I’m not seeing any solid evidence. Why not show John or Arnold as well?
Because they showed John Connor in the last two, and those did poorly. Arnold was the star of the last one, and that did poorly.

So featuring three female leads, one of them a familiar face who has no recent box-office poison hanging around her neck is an attempt to make it feel new and distance itself from Salvation and Genisys.

Maybe something that indicates this is Terminator and not just some post-apocalyptic film. Maybe some evidence of Skynet or an endoskeleton or something. Even just a logo or something. I get it’s one image but it’s the first thing we’re seeing and it doesn’t feel like Terminator or does anything to make me excited.
Honestly, if they had the familiar imagery/logo's I'd probably roll my eyes. The series is old hat.

So instead, we just get an image of an elderly, non-Game of Thrones Sarah Connor (no Daenerys Targaryen, no Cersei Lannister), a non-binary gendered Terminator, and a female PoC. Stuff like that gets people talking. Yet another pic of a way past-his-prime Arnie is not going sell this movie.
Old 08-02-18, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The female aspect is fine. I don’t care about that I’m just saying there’s nothing about that picture that stands out as being Terminator.

Literally if Linda Hamilton wasn’t in it (and how many people other than diehard fans even recognize or know who she is) what about that picture says anything that this is a Terminator movie and not something else?
Old 08-02-18, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sonic
]

Not to mention pretty fucking badass.
I like that sculpt too, but I think a female Terminator that looks like that is a little too obvious and pandering in 2018.

I'm not digging the Armin Arlert look-alike in the promo pic but I think that's a better direction to go in as opposed to the fan-service approach.
Old 08-02-18, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Literally if Linda Hamilton wasn’t in it (and how many people other than diehard fans even recognize or know who she is) what about that picture says anything that this is a Terminator movie and not something else?
I think that's the point. They're going for ambiguity, for now at least.

That promo picture looks like it could be for an upcoming season of The Walking Dead. A Mad Max-type film? Who knows. But you slap the Terminator logo on it, and people associate with the last string of stinkers.
Old 08-02-18, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Meh. Trying to disguise it as something it isn’t in hopes of getting people excited because you’re embarrassed about the past history of your franchise doesn’t exactly say much for it in my opinion.
Old 08-02-18, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

As I said, Arnold reportedly just started his work on the movie in the last week or so. So stills/footage of him as the Terminator are probably not usable at this time.

https://movieweb.com/terminator-6-fi...chwarzenegger/

He has yet to be seen on set in Hungary.

MacKenzie Davis is reportedly the new star/lead of the series when she was announced as a cast member back in March.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/m...ot-1202719960/

They probably wanted to start selling her character now even though it's super early because the movie doesn't come out until next November 2019. Not everyone is happy with studio publicity photos, but I guess Paramount wants to put something official out now when they have usable material as opposed to paparazzi shots leaking.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-02-18 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-09-18, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Arnold and Luna working out for the movie.

Old 08-09-18, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Meh. Trying to disguise it as something it isn’t in hopes of getting people excited because you’re embarrassed about the past history of your franchise doesn’t exactly say much for it in my opinion.
Old 08-09-18, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic

Looks like the middle actor is playing a cyborg?
Linda Hamilton hasn’t aged that badly but she looks like Steven Fucking Tyler in that pic. Dream on, Linda. Dream on...

And I’m all for a badass good female terminator but couldn’t they have made her look more like the sculpture posted above? I can’t even tell if the actor in the middle is male or female. An androgynous terminator doesn’t seem very interesting (or badass) to me.
Old 08-09-18, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Linda Hamilton hasn’t aged that badly but she looks like Steven Fucking Tyler in that pic. Dream on, Linda. Dream on...
At least she ain't no Steven Fucking Segal

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
And I’m all for a badass good female terminator but couldn’t they have made her look more like the sculpture posted above? I can’t even tell if the actor in the middle is male or female. An androgynous terminator doesn’t seem very interesting (or badass) to me.
If they were to put Justin Bieber in the role you couldn't tell them both apart.
Old 08-09-18, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

No adam's apple, it's a picture of three women.
Old 08-10-18, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

She looks a bit like a titan from Attack on Titan in the poster.
Old 08-10-18, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

Yeah I think Linda Hamilton looks pretty good. Looking forward to her in this role again. Although I'm pretty apprehensive about the rest of the movie.

For me the terminator trilogy will always be:

The Terminator. T2. T2-3D. And that's it. It works perfectly like this.
Old 02-10-19, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

I heard from a friend last night that
Spoiler:
Eddie Furlong
apparently shot a cameo for this.
Old 02-11-19, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Re: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

I'd be way more excited if it was
Spoiler:
Michael Biehn

That one doesn't do anything for me.
Old 04-04-19, 09:19 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

We've got exclusive images revealing an exciting sneak peek at what to expect from Paramount's November 1st release, directed by Tim Miller. Take a look at the photos below, featuring all six main characters in the new movie:

These new images come before Paramount will unveil the first footage from Terminator: Dark Fate at CinemaCon.

Old 04-04-19, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Arnold looks pretty badass with old grey look and the goatee. Hopefully it will make everyone forget about "Pops"
Old 04-04-19, 02:29 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

We need to see a better pic of Ahnuld. His neck looks pretty cut.

Did he get in shape for the movie, or is he getting CGI’d?
Old 04-04-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Brack
We need to see a better pic of Ahnuld. His neck looks pretty cut.

Did he get in shape for the movie, or is he getting CGI’d?
He did get in shape. I follow him on social media and he posted some of his workout videos prior to shooting last year.
Old 04-04-19, 02:51 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
He did get in shape. I follow him on social media and he posted some of his workout videos prior to shooting last year.
That’s awesome news.
Old 04-04-19, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just like Genisys, Arnold will wind up being the only good thing in this movie. Yes that includes Hamilton.
Old 04-04-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Robert Meyer Burnett, a film pundit and an Indie movie director and producer, was at the Paramount panel today at Cinemacon in Las Vegas. He said the footage they showed of Dark Fate today was awesome. And he said he was very down on the franchise after Genisys and was not looking forward to this movie at all.
Old 04-04-19, 04:42 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 906 Likes on 766 Posts

but how can he age (in the movie)? still all looks great and i'll see it if good...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.