Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-19, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts
Re: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
It worked for Endgame.
Well played!
Old 07-18-19, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,063 Posts
Re: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019, D: Miller) Schwarzenegger, Hamilton -- Cameron producing

Assuming it’s a larger role, there’s plenty of time to get Furlong in decent shape. A personal trainer and nutritionist can work wonders in a few months. It’s not like he needs to be in Chris Evans/Captain America shape. He just needs t be fit enough to wear an old army surplus jacket.
Old 07-18-19, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Kind of cool to have Furlong back. He’s had a lot of issues, but if he can get back in decent enough shape to pull off the role that’s pretty awesome.
Old 07-18-19, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

New featurette. Some cool footage. Cameron also says in here it's R rated.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-iTco6JgZ4o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sarah: Metal Mother fucker.

Arnold looks great with the grey hair and goatee. And it looks like in the footage he's a T-800.
Old 07-18-19, 08:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

I don’t even know what to think. Just fucking kill it already. It stops at 2 and that’s it. I did like 3 and even like Salvation, but gdamn enough is enough. Bring originality, not all these fucking remakes, reboots, reinventions, etc bs...

Eh, I take it back. That featurette looked good and I guess Cameron had some influence, so there’s that...
Old 07-18-19, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I hope this turns out to be as good as T1 and T2. T2 was a blast. To imitate that you have to have more than just luck. T2 is a classic.

It's easy to lose faith in this sequel because the special effects on the bad guy looked very rough and out of date, judging from the last trailer that was released. I hope they manage to fix that CGI up and make it as fluid as possible.
Old 07-18-19, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
I don’t even know what to think. Just fucking kill it already. It stops at 2 and that’s it. I did like 3 and even like Salvation, but gdamn enough is enough. Bring originality, not all these fucking remakes, reboots, reinventions, etc bs...

Eh, I take it back. That featurette looked good and I guess Cameron had some influence, so there’s that...
That’s quite the emotional roller coaster you took us on in a single post, OldBoy.
Old 07-19-19, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Here is the full Terminator panel from Comic Con on Thursday

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b1FSE2DVUz8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a little long at about 41 minutes, but it's quite entertaining. I know most here won't watch it because of it's length and you're probably at work reading this. But it's really worth a watch.

Tim Miller is very funny and the moderator is very funny too. Everyone from the cast is there.
Old 07-19-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the song from the trailer is pretty bad ass
Old 07-19-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Here is the full Terminator panel from Comic Con on Thursday

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b1FSE2DVUz8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a little long at about 41 minutes, but it's quite entertaining. I know most here won't watch it because of it's length and you're probably at work reading this. But it's really worth a watch.

Tim Miller is very funny and the moderator is very funny too. Everyone from the cast is there.
Ill watch! Much rather watch at home/work than wait in line for Hall H
Old 07-19-19, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I'll definitely see it, but I'm keeping my expectations in check
Old 07-19-19, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by The Antipodean

That’s quite the emotional roller coaster you took us on in a single post, OldBoy.

No kidding. I am picturing a little kid refusing to taste something because it looks funny. Then instantly going I love that after tasting it.
Old 07-19-19, 11:21 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

The Terminator reunion didn’t feel complete until producer James Cameron confirmed the return of Edward Furlong as John Connor in the Tim Miller-directed Terminator: Dark Fate, which retcons all sequels except Cameron’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The third film in the trilogy brings Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor, so it would be strange to see a continuation of the story without her son, John, who in the key component to everything.

In Cameron’s 1984 The Terminator, Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) is sent back in time (by John) to protect his mother from the original T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger), a machine programmed to kill her before she can give birth to the future leader of the resistance.

Sarah and a teenage John team up in the sequel, Judgment Day, and eventually stop all the future events from coming to fruition. Thus, we never actually see John strap on his boots and go to war with the machines.

This led to a lot of speculation as to what John’s role would be in Dark Fate, arriving in theaters this November. Would we see him as the leader of the same resistance, started in a different future, or maybe we’d see him sending Reese back in some sort of futuristic flashback sequence? The answer is neither.

*SPOILERS*

I have confirmed that early leaked reports were on target and that we won’t be seeing an adult version of Furlong’s John Connor in Dark Fate, at least not in the most recent cut of the film.

My source tells me that yes, Jude Collie was in fact cast to play a young John Connor and that CGI was used to put Furlong’s face on his body. Now, here’s where this becomes news and not a rehash of what you’ve read here on Bloody Disgusting for over the past year – while Furlong isn’t physically in Dark Fate, he does deliver a brand new performance that’s been digitally placed directly onto Collie’s face. So, yes, Furlong is technically in Dark Fate, just not exactly how we all expected.

It’s also important to note that Miller and the cast are preparing for a round of additional photography that could change the current edit as it exists. It’s still possible that they shoot some new sequences that involve an older John Connor, but as of this writing, we’ll be seeing him in CG form.

As a side note, I’m told this new film bleeds James Cameron and is a worthy sequel to Judgment Day. Also, in case you were wondering, Biehn nor Reese are in this film.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...nnor-spoilers/
Old 07-20-19, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For some reason having Furlong back in this makes me more excited than I was previously. It feels like a more complete sequel having the three from T2 back.
Old 07-20-19, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
For some reason having Furlong back in this makes me more excited than I was previously. It feels like a more complete sequel having the three from T2 back.
But it's pretty much just his child face CGI'd onto another kid from what I understand...
Old 07-20-19, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
But it's pretty much just his child face CGI'd onto another kid from what I understand...
Wait, so Sara Conner aged but John didn't?
Old 07-20-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Please tell me that John's ginger haired buddy will be appearing also.
Old 07-21-19, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
His mom married Mr. Drummond, and they moved to New York.
Old 07-21-19, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
I don't think thats right.

I think there's gonna be a child John Connor flashback using cgi. Then present day Furlong as Connor.

The kid John Connor with cgi was known months ago. I doubt they would announce Edward Furlong coming back just for a de aging cgi on a kid. Especially when it was already known.

I assume Furlong will have a small role and Linda Hamilton will have the bigger role.
Old 07-21-19, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Danny Cooksey. I remember him from Salute Your Shorts. Looks like he works on a lot of cartoons now.

No mention of this on his Wikipedia.
Old 07-21-19, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I don't think thats right.

I think there's gonna be a child John Connor flashback using cgi. Then present day Furlong as Connor.

The kid John Connor with cgi was known months ago. I doubt they would announce Edward Furlong coming back just for a de aging cgi on a kid. Especially when it was already known.

I assume Furlong will have a small role and Linda Hamilton will have the bigger role.
idk, everything I've read, including dex14's post above, suggest Connor won't show up as an adult in the film. I guess he's in hiding or something so we only see flashbacks to him as a kid or something. Unless something has changed between such information leaks.
Old 07-22-19, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

I remember them saying they couldn't use Carrie Fisher to do the CGI work for Rogue One because of the aging process and changes to her face, but apparently they can turn Edward Furlong into a 12-year old again? Odd.

If he truly only returns for that, pretty lame announcing he's "back" then. It'd be like hyping up Sean Young as being back for Blade Runner 2049 for whatever contributions she made to the CGI version of her character. I have to figure there is more than that.
Old 07-22-19, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel like there must be more to him coming back than just to have his face CG’d for a flashback scene or whatever. Maybe not, but that’s a pretty lame thing to announce and get people excited about it that’s all it’s really going to be.
Old 07-22-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I feel like there must be more to him coming back than just to have his face CG’d for a flashback scene or whatever. Maybe not, but that’s a pretty lame thing to announce and get people excited about it that’s all it’s really going to be.
So, basically this sounds like just another Terminator sequel post T2?
Old 07-22-19, 05:42 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

I don’t know why they can’t actually use him for real. He doesn’t seem to be doing much. Why this extra money for cgi shit. He should look weathered and older. Anything else with this just won’t work.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.