DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Favorite scene or sequence in a Star Wars movie? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/638477-favorite-scene-sequence-star-wars-movie.html)

Rob V 11-20-20 08:22 AM

Re: Favorite scene in any Star Wars Universe movie?

The siege on the tropical island in Rogue One was pretty cool too. Those giant walkers were incredible and the sound was amazing.

BrewCrew 11-20-20 11:27 AM

Tie for any scene with Luke and Vader in the same scene. The battles in Empire/ROTJ and with them just talking before seeing the Emperor. I guess even the end of the trench run or when Luke goes crazy after he sees Vader defeat Kenobi.

OldBoy 11-21-20 08:18 PM

Re: Favorite scene or sequence in a Star Wars movie?

What exactly about RotJ did people have misgivings about? Besides Ewoks and that they played whole movie tongue and cheek and in my mind didn't work and yes rehash of IV. I really disliked the No's and it's like a whole new movie to me.:(

why won't Disney make this right? Can they even? Is there a special clause where the unaltered movies can only be approved by Lucas where he keeps reels hidden in padded vault, locked in a panic room where only he and Spielberg have the code and and Steven has to break code and unlock Lucas' final wishes which were to "burn all the original theatrical reels and let the fans burn for eternity because i got fucking rich rich baby!" in the event Lucas dies.

Or are we just never, ever gonna see them, the way they were meant to see them ever again? that would be easier for me to accept...

TGM 11-21-20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13844535)
I always thought Han using lightsaber to sever the Tauntan and put Luke in it in Empire Strikes Back was one of the coolest things as I’ve seen in these movies over the past. It’s the only time, to my knowledge, a lightsaber was used by a non-Jedi. And Han, someone who mocks that stuff, used the weapon of a Jedi. Always got a kick out of that.

I think I thought only Jedi (or one in training) could activate a lightsaber so I remember being blown away when Han lit it up.

GoldenJCJ 11-21-20 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13844788)
Duel of the fates.... Maul vs Obi-Wan & Qui-gon. I do hate that it has to keep cutting to the Gungan battlefield and the palace raid.

I do like this sequence and feel it’s the best part of the entire Prequel Trilogy but I was always a little out off by the fact that two Jedi teamed up on Darth Maul. Never seemed like a completely fair fight because of that.

I’m sure there’s some explanation buried in some SW novel somewhere or something that says why it’s cool for Jedi to fight unfairly in lightsaber battles though...

The Cow 11-21-20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 13847019)
I do like this sequence and feel it’s the best part of the entire Prequel Trilogy but I was always a little out off by the fact that two Jedi teamed up on Darth Maul. Never seemed like a completely fair fight because of that.

I’m sure there’s some explanation buried in some SW novel somewhere or something that says why it’s cool for Jedi to fight unfairly in lightsaber battles though...

Obi-wan was still a Padawan at that point. But still, I don't feel like "fair fight" is really a thing, YMMV.

OldBoy 11-21-20 09:22 PM

I never thought as tactical and unfair maneuver. Just figured Sith powers and uses there of are less than right or with wholesome motives, so could have been known more as an uneven match for only the 2 Jedi...

GoldenJCJ 11-21-20 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 13847021)
But still, I don't feel like "fair fight" is really a thing, YMMV.

In real life, I agree with you. In the movies? It looks a little different, IMO.

PatD 11-23-20 08:19 PM

The battle over the Sarlacc pit is my favorite. It shows all the good guys (minus Obi Wan and Yoda) working together for a common goal and saving the day!

This scene is better than the all the prequels and sequels put together:

GoldenJCJ 11-23-20 08:46 PM

^ I had an LP of the RotJ soundtrack when I was a kid and I wore that part of the record out. My mom used to get so annoyed when I kept replaying the music when Luke hits the plank and flips back onto the barge.

mcnabb 11-24-20 03:17 PM

Here is my favorite scene for each Saga movie:

TPM: Maul/QuiGon/Obiwan duel as the music is great.
AOTC: Obiwan looking out at the Clones while the Empire music slowly builds. Great foreshadowing by Lucas.
ROTS: Padme/Anakin staring at each other across Coruscant as Mace goes to arrest Palpatine while that haunting music plays.
ANH: Luke/Binary Sunset. The definition of Star Wars.
ESB: Yoda lifting the X-Wing fighter.
ROTJ: Luke throwing down his saber. Nobody saw that coming in 1983.
TFA: The introduction of Rey.
TLJ: Luke totally playing Kylo Ren, "See ya around kid."
TROS: Han/Ben Solo redemption scene.

Artman 11-24-20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by PatD (Post 13848020)
This scene is better than the all the prequels and sequels put together:

Whenever I start to think maybe one of those ties or possibly is even better than Jedi, this scene (among others) always reminds that nope - not even close!

tanman 11-24-20 11:23 PM

Maclunkey