Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

St. Louis theater advice needed for Rogue One

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-15-16, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Sorry for an extra thread, but I figured many people will be avoiding Star Wars movie threads for a day or two. (I made my last foray into them until I see it.)

I may be headed to St. Louis tomorrow night to pick up my son-in-law at Lambert Airport. This may present an opportunity I wasn't planning for ...

He is supposed to arrive anytime between 7 and 10pm. If he arrives on the earlier side, I'm thinking of going to Chesterfield to see Rogue One on Wehrenberg's "mega screen". Can any St. Louis area DVDTalkers provide me with a "yay or nay" (with reasoning) and any alternate suggestions?

(We already discussed the Omnimax at the Science Center in the pre-release thread, so I will say don't even suggest that to me.)
Old 12-15-16, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: St. Louis theater advice needed for Rogue One

Megascreen is probably the best you're gonna get here but it will be very crowded so arrive early if you want a good seat

Chesterfield Mall Liemax theater is probably the second best
Old 12-16-16, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
Megascreen is probably the best you're gonna get here but it will be very crowded so arrive early if you want a good seat

Chesterfield Mall Liemax theater is probably the second best
Keep in mind that the airport is in North St. Louis and those theaters are in West County, so it's a bit of a haul. I don't want to go that far, so I end up at The Regal 18 in St. Louis County (which is hardly ever crowded* and I can avoid the recliner upcharge). Oddly enough, The Megascreen, -which is a nicer theater, -is actually cheaper than the ones in my neck of the woods.
* of course, I always go to the second evening show on a Saturday night and there's never more than ten people in the room.
Old 12-16-16, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to try the AMC Streets of St. Charles theater just across the bridge on Highway 70 in St. Charles. No megascreens, but they do have some 3D showing still available this evening. It's only about a 10 minute drive from the airport heading west on 70.
Old 12-16-16, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We live near Chesterfield, so we end up at Wehrenberg Galaxy or AMC Chesterfield mall the few times a year we go to the movies. I prefer AMC more. The seats and sound set up are really good there. The mega screen is also nice but it's going to be packed tonight.

But as others have also pointed out, those theaters are about 45 mins from the airport.