Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Trek 4 -- news, rumors, etc.

Old 12-07-17, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

re: Star Trek 4 -- news, rumors, etc.

An R-rated Star Trek might just be the boost the franchise needs. Have to wonder what the budget will be. And Deadpool's success certainly played a part.
Old 12-07-17, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Tits or GTFO!
Old 12-07-17, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is still so weird but I canít say Iím not interested. Make it so Paramount.
Old 12-07-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Blerg.

Discovery didn't do much with their TV MA rating.

The F-bomb was poorly structured and Tyler's PTSD flashbacks didn't need to show Klingon boobs to get the point across.
Old 12-07-17, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

An R rated Star Trek doesn't really excite me much, if anything I wonder if it will "try" too hard that any particular violence or language will just stand out. The property doesn't really need to be R rated in my opinion.
Old 12-07-17, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If it has to be rated R I hope since they already made Sulu gay we get a long scene of him getting it on with his husband to piss off the crazies.
Old 12-07-17, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Orion tits here we come!
Old 12-07-17, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
An R rated Star Trek doesn't really excite me much, if anything I wonder if it will "try" too hard that any particular violence or language will just stand out. The property doesn't really need to be R rated in my opinion.
Tarantino is one of my top 5 directors of all time and Iím always down for ĎRí rated movies but after years and years of mostly family friendly Star Trek movies it just doesnít seem right to me. I also havenít watched Discovery so I have no idea how it plays made for more mature audiences.
Old 12-07-17, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will be shocked if Tarantino actually directs this
Old 12-07-17, 09:27 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

this will never, ever happen.
Old 12-07-17, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
He directed an episode or two of CSI.
Old 12-07-17, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
He directed an episode or two of CSI.
It was a two hour season finale. Itís a decent episode even though I didnít watch a ton of the show. I actually have it on Blu-ray as it was released on its own.

Last edited by Mike86; 12-07-17 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-07-17, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm curious. Would Tarantino get story credit if he ends up directing?

He supposedly is the one who pitched the idea and now they're giving the screenplay duties to the guy who wrote The Revenant.
Old 12-08-17, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got a FB friend I met through a forum years ago who works in the industry and is a trusted source. They didn't outright confirm this, but made several statements to the effect that it's not impossible that it could happen.

I think Paramount wants an attention grabber and they're willing to go with a name like Tarantino to get it.

I wish Paramount would do *something* with this franchise. Watching the Infinity War trailer, and seeing all those groups of heroes brought together really makes me want to see a Trek cinematic universe.
Old 12-08-17, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

haven't seen this franchise since the first one, which was fun. Whats the word on the sequels? they good?

And Tarantino doing Star Trek sounds ridiculous but who knows

btw whatever happened to our own Tarantino, is he still kicking around the forums?
Old 12-08-17, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sequels were both great, IMO. 3rd was better than the 2nd, also IMO.
Old 12-08-17, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do it. Do it. (pause) Do it.
Old 12-08-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
Must agree here.
Old 12-08-17, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

DECEMBER 08, 2017 8:06am PT by Alex Ritman

The actor said he'd "embrace" an opportunity to return as the USS Enterprise's legendary captain should Tarantino's newly revealed project come together.

Could Star Trek fans see a return of one of its most famous faces?

Following the news that Quentin Tarantino was working on a new idea for the franchise alongside J.J. Abrams, with plans to direct, Patrick Stewart has thrown an unlikely hat back into the intergalactic ring.

"People are always saying to me, 'Will you be Jean-Luc Picard again?' And I cannot think that would be possible, but there are ways in which something like that might come about," the iconic actor told The Hollywood Reporter, speaking from the sidelines of the Dubai International Film Festival, where he received an honorary award.

"But one of my dreams is to work with Tarantino. I admire his work so much, and to be in a Tarantino film would give me so much satisfaction. So, if he is going to direct something to do with Star Trek and there was the possibility of dear old Jean-Luc showing up again and doing that for Mr Tarantino, I would embrace it."

Stewart said one thing was sure about a Tarantino-directed Star Trek installment: it would be gripping.

"The one thing that characterizes all of his movies is that frame by frame, it always challenges, always demands your attention, always demands a very kind of open and generous response to what he does," he said. "I also love his sense of humor as a filmmaker. So yes, he would be my first choice."
Old 12-08-17, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Please please please bring back Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard once more. That would be amazing to see one last time. One of my favorite actors and my favorite of the Trek shows. Iím wondering because Tarantino cited the TNG episode Yesterdayís Enterprise as one of his favorites. Maybe he could draw some inspiration from that to bring back the Enterprise D crew back in some capacity or at least Patrick Stewart.
Old 12-08-17, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Is there a sign on the front of my ship that says dead Klingon storage?"
Old 12-08-17, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Please please please bring back Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard once more. That would be amazing to see one last time. One of my favorite actors and my favorite of the Trek shows. Iím wondering because Tarantino cited the TNG episode Yesterdayís Enterprise as one of his favorites. Maybe he could draw some inspiration from that to bring back the Enterprise D crew back in some capacity or at least Patrick Stewart.
I'm convinced at least some of TNG crew are part of Tarantino's pitch. And that we'll eventually see the characters in the new timeline. Keep the current re-boot crew. Bring in Walter Koenig as Old Chekhov to give some closure there. Shatner one more time. And let's see Nichelle Nichols who hasn't been been seen in the series since 1991. A Tarantino Trek with everyone!
Old 12-08-17, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They can all come out of the nexus as the new timeline Trek people find them.
Old 12-08-17, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MBoyd View Post
I'm convinced at least some of TNG crew are part of Tarantino's pitch. And that we'll eventually see the characters in the new timeline. Keep the current re-boot crew. Bring in Walter Koenig as Old Chekhov to give some closure there. Shatner one more time. And let's see Nichelle Nichols who hasn't been been seen in the series since 1991. A Tarantino Trek with everyone!
That would be amazing. I would have never in my wildest dreams imagined this being possible and with Tarantino of all people behind it but if heís got an idea and can make this happen then make it fucking so Paramount. This franchise needs a good jolt to get back on track again and this is the kind of thing to excite fanboys with.
Old 12-21-17, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

DECEMBER 21, 2017 4:02pm PT by Aaron Couch
Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Movie Taps 'Revenant' Screenwriter

Smith, best known for penning Leonardo DiCaprio's The Revenant, is boarding the Star Trek film Tarantino is developing with producer J.J. Abrams
, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The project first came to light earlier this month, when news broke that Tarantino had shared a pitch for a Star Trek film with Abrams, and the two had agreed to bring together a writers room to develop the film at Paramount, with Tarantino eyeing the director's seat.

The idea of a Tarantino-helmed Star Trek comes nearly a decade after Abrams revitalized the franchise for the big screen with his 2009 reboot Star Trek, and followed it up with 2013's Star Trek Into Darkness. The most recent outing, Justin Lin's Star Trek Beyond (2016), got strong reviews but earned the least in the rebooted film series with just $343.4 million worldwide.

Tarantino is a longtime fan and shared his love for Star Trek in a 2015 Nerdist podcast interview.

"The only thing that limited them was their '60s budget and eight-day shooting schedule," he said. "You could take some of the classic Star Trek episodes and easily expand them to 90 minutes or more and really do some amazing, amazing stuff." The filmmaker also declared Star Trek: The Next Generation's "Yesterday's Enterprise" as one of the best Star Trek episodes ever written.

Tarantino's next film is an untitled Charles Manson-themed project, which is due out in 2019.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.