DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Ignoble movie deaths (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/635061-ignoble-movie-deaths.html)

Traxan 06-28-16 09:57 PM

Ignoble movie deaths

Inspired by the awful demise of BDH's assistant in Jurassic World...

What movie death struck you as a particularly harsh or awful way to go? Besides Jurassic World, the one I always remember is in "Total Recall" Arnold edition. It takes place after Quaid arrives on Mars. THe disguise malfunctions and he has to run.

As he's charging up an escalator, some cops appear at the top and start shooting. Quaid grabs some schlub in front of him and uses him as a shield. Within seconds he's got a shitload of bullets in him and Quaid is holding up a dead body. All i could think was damn, that's awful.

Yours?

RichC2 06-28-16 10:01 PM

Re: Ignoble movie deaths

Out of Sight: It isn't particularly bad, but it was just a silly and memorable way to go.

E Unit 06-28-16 10:03 PM

Well damn, I thought Richter's death in Total Recall was a hell of a lot worse, losing your arms like that. But for me, Sam MuthaFucka Jackson's death in Deep Blue Sea was da bomb.

Crocker Jarmen 06-28-16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Traxan (Post 12837810)

As he's charging up an escalator, some cops appear at the top and start shooting. Quaid grabs some schlub in front of him and uses him as a shield. Within seconds he's got a shitload of bullets in him and Quaid is holding up a dead body. All i could think was damn, that's awful.

To be fair, the cops had already shot and killed that guy before Quaid used him as a shield.

Michael Corvin 06-28-16 11:41 PM

You could probably fill a list with Final Destination and Saw deaths alone.

Why So Blu? 06-28-16 11:42 PM

ED-209 turning Kinney into swiss cheese in Robocop. The unrated version is way worse.

majorjoe23 06-28-16 11:50 PM

Toilet lawyer in the first Jurassic Park.

dom56 06-29-16 12:31 AM

Ants carry that russian baddie back to the anthill in Indiana Jones 4 had me laughing. Yeah, it was that bad.

rw2516 06-29-16 07:28 AM

The guy getting mauled by bear in Back Country
Bone Tomahawk

DWilson 06-29-16 08:09 AM

In Roland Emmerich's "2012", John Cusack's rival for his wife/ex-wife's attentions (I haven't seen it in a few years so I'm fuzzy on the details) is polished off in a kind of silly (but grisly) fashion, just to get him out of the way. The same thing happens in "San Andreas" where his rival for Carla Gugino is gotten rid of in a pretty ho-hum fashion, again just to get him out of the way. I'd much rather see a Richard Chamberlain in "The Towering inferno" end, where the big giant "rat" goes out in a big way.
Speaking of which, in "Inferno" you have former big star Jennifer Jones as a sweet older woman who saves some kids and makes a love connection with con man Fred Astaire only to be thrown out of an elevator during the final reel.

Disaster movies are full of these kind of deaths....

inri222 06-29-16 09:04 AM

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...olc893g7yk.jpg

EddieMoney 06-29-16 09:16 AM

^^^

We may have a winner.

redtornado 06-29-16 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 12837813)
Out of Sight: It isn't particularly bad, but it was just a silly and memorable way to go.

In a similar vein...

hbilly 06-29-16 10:23 AM

I always thought Mary Ellen Trainor's death in Action Jackson (1988) was brutal, vicious and unnecessary.

Traxan 06-29-16 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516 (Post 12837947)
Bone Tomahawk

That wasn't so much ignoble/undignified as just plain fucking horrible. I'm used to horror movies that kill someone and move on. Here, those savages butchered a man alive.

Maz Kanata 06-29-16 12:05 PM

That dude getting disemboweled in Valhalla Rising.

EddieMoney 06-29-16 12:10 PM

Just watched "Green Room" and that has quite a few. I have to go with Big Justin getting choked out and then being disemboweled while unconscious is right up there.

Rad14 06-29-16 12:59 PM

William Wallace being hung, drawn and quartered in Braveheart.
Although nothing was really visible in the latter stages, you seemed to feel every cut!

OldBoy 06-29-16 01:01 PM

Kelly Preston, bare breasted, getting shot in 52 Pick-Up always stuck with me.

OldBoy 06-29-16 01:03 PM

also, the little girl from Witch Mountain in the original Assault on Precinct 13.

emachine12 06-29-16 01:09 PM

Jurassic World beats the toilet lawyer...

Spoiler:
The assistant watching the kids was also planning her wedding when she is snatched by pteranodons. She seems safe until it drops her over the mosasaurus water. Then pteranodons play "catch" with her before one is caught by the mosasarus then she is dragged to her drowning death before being eaten.

Mondo Kane 06-29-16 01:48 PM

Day of the Dead
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../6e/Miguel.gif
^That poor guy goes through an awful lot

EddieMoney 06-29-16 01:51 PM

Franklin in TCM dies a real sad bastard death...chainsawed in his rolling legs.

"Jeeeerrrryyyy!!!"

GoldenJCJ 06-29-16 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12838220)
Franklin in TCM dies a real sad bastard death...chainsawed in his rolling legs.

"Jeeeerrrryyyy!!!"

Franklin is one of the most annoying characters in film history. It may have been undignified but it was a pleasure to see his whiny ass go!

EddieMoney 06-29-16 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 12838251)
Franklin is one of the most annoying characters in film history. It may have been undignified but it was a pleasure to see his whiny ass go!

I think he was frustrated because he wanted to bang his sister. Too bad for him, he wasn't able to bang anything, not even livestock.