Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

No Time to Die (Bond 25) (2021, D: Fukunaga) -- News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

No Time to Die (Bond 25) (2021, D: Fukunaga) -- News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-18, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,199 Likes on 923 Posts
re: No Time to Die (Bond 25) (2021, D: Fukunaga) -- News, rumors, etc.

Oh, and let's not forget, Cary also just directed the entire 10-episode limited series run of Maniac for Netflix. I've yet to watch it but it's next on my to-do list.
Old 09-23-18, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,099 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
So, if Bond 25 does get made and released with Craig, by my math that will make Craig the longest-running Bond in the franchise--as long as we don't count Connery's one-shot return to the character in 1983's NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, which was just a remake of one of his earlier Bond films and was not part of the main franchise.
Moore would have been Bond for two fewer years but knocked out two more movies than Craig. I’m also guessing Moore had 12 fewer sourpuss years making the movies than Craig.
Old 09-23-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Oh, and let's not forget, Cary also just directed the entire 10-episode limited series run of Maniac for Netflix. I've yet to watch it but it's next on my to-do list.
I haven't finished the series but he's done a pretty good job with it.
Old 09-23-18, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Moore would have been Bond for two fewer years but knocked out two more movies than Craig. I’m also guessing Moore had 12 fewer sourpuss years making the movies than Craig.
Yep, Moore definitely seemed to be enjoying himself. He took in more money than he'd ever get in any other role and never worked too hard. None of this Tom Cruise-jumping-out-of-an-airplane nonsense for him.
Old 09-24-18, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
That's quite enough to get me excited and encouraged about the the next Bond movie.
Old 12-07-18, 11:17 AM

Received 4,650 Likes on 3,147 Posts

For your eyes only . . . Lea Seydoux is back in the next James Bond adventure.

The 33-year-old Parisian, who played psychiatrist Dr Madeleine Swann in Spectre three years ago, will feature in Bond 25, which begins filming in the spring.

Bond star Daniel Craig wanted her back — and so did film-maker Cary Joji Fukunaga, who will be directing his first Bond picture.

Fukunaga told me exclusively that 'Lea will be returning'; as will regulars Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw and Naomie Harris.

The director praised the Bond Brit pack — and British thespians in general — noting that he has worked with many on past projects, including Beasts Of No Nation and Jane Eyre.

'You have some of the best actors in the world here,' he said. 'Why wouldn't I have the best coming back?!'

In Spectre, Ms Seydoux was to be found working at a private clinic nestled in the Austrian Alps. She and James Bond bonded between the sheets, and at various other exotic locations.

Hard core Bond fans will know that Maud Adams also returned to make further Bond pictures.

But unlike Seydoux, she played different characters. She was Andrea Anders in The Man With The Golden Gun in 1974; the eponymous Octopussy in 1983; and two years later had an uncredited cameo in A View To A Kill.

The 24th official Bond film, based on Ian Fleming's character, was released two years before the #MeToo campaign hit Hollywood.

So I'll be fascinated to see what tone the new screenplay by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (with major input from Fukunaga) sets, in terms of how women are treated on screen.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...come-back.html
Old 02-15-19, 05:57 PM

The release date for Bond 25 has changed. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli: “We are absolutely thrilled to be releasing Bond 25 ‪on 8 April 2020‬."
Old 02-15-19, 06:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

April?! So no Thanksgiving release this time. Interesting.
Old 02-27-19, 05:51 PM

With production expected to start this spring, MGM and Eon are getting closer to deciding who will be joining Daniel Craig in his next outing as Agent 007 in the 25th James Bond movie.

Producers are continuing their search for two female roles — one a new MI6 agent and the other an accomplice similar to Olga Kurylenko’s character in “Quantum of Solace” — the main villain, and an American CIA agent similar to Jeffrey Wright’s in past installments.

Sources indicate that Billy Magnussen is the top choice to play the CIA operative that crosses paths with Bond, though it’s not known if an actual offer is on the table. Magnussen already has a working relationship with “Bond 25” writer-director Cary Joji Fukunaga after recently appearing on his Netflix series, “Maniac.” Insiders say, before coming on to “Bond 25,” Fukunaga had already tried to cast him in his Leonard Bernstein pic, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, that was shelved, and that Fukunaga’s most recent draft had the character written younger to fit Magnussen’s age.

As for the villain, sources indicate there is renewed interest in tapping recent Oscar winner Rami Malek, after it was initially thought that scheduling could not be worked out with his commitments on the final season of “Mr. Robot.” Insiders say while meetings with other talent have taken place, producers never wavered on trying to land the role for Malek and have worked hard for months to accommodate both shoots.

The two female leads seem to be the most open-ended as of now. Further chemistry reads with Craig are still being scheduled, since these two characters will spend the most amount of time with him on screen. It’s unknown how far along they are in this process.

MGM had no comment regarding any news related to casting for the film.

Fukunaga turned in his recent draft at the beginning of the year, and while reports surfaced that major rewrite work was done to the script, sources say no significant changes were made, and the producers and Craig were excited with what Fukunaga had delivered.

Lea Seydoux, Ralph Fiennes, and Naomie Harris will also be reprising their roles in the new installment. A recent release date change from Feb. 14 to April 8, 2020, positioned the 25th entry in the series better for the summer season.

Universal will be handling international distribution on “Bond 25,” while MGM oversees domestic in partnership with Annapurna through the new United Artists Releasing label.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/b...ls-1203151088/

Hot off his Oscar win for Bohemian Rhapsody, Rami Malek is in final negotiations to play the villain opposite Daniel Craig in writer-director Cary Joji Fukunaga‘s Bond 25, well-placed sources tell Collider.

Variety previously reported that Malek was being eyed for the gig, but said his shooting schedule for the final season of Mr. Robot conflicted with the Bond 25 shoot, and that he was never formally offered the part by Eon. Sources tell Collider, however, that Malek’s team at WME has successfully negotiated his shooting schedule to accommodate both productions. There is no deal quite yet, but one is expected to make — the sides just wanted to wait and see whether Malek would win the Oscar, which would, of course, raise his quote.

There aren’t really any character details available, though the villain has been rumored to be a blind man. Moroccan actor Said Taghmaoui (Wonder Woman) has previously said that he was under consideration to play the Bond 25 villain when Danny Boyle was directing the film. Malek is of Egyptian descent, so I assume the script calls for a villain from Northern Africa.
Lea Seydoux is confirmed to return as psychologist Madeleine Swann, while Spectre actors Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw and Ralph Fiennes are also slated to reprise their roles. Scott Z. Burns was recently tapped to rewrite Fukunaga’s script, and Collider’s sources have echoed reports out of the U.K. that have the director eyeing Malek’s fellow Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o for a key role, though it’s unclear whether the actress has any interest in joining the Bond franchise. Eon’s Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are producing Bond 25, which is expected to be Craig’s last as 007.

It should be noted that Mr. Robot is produced by Universal Cable Productions, and Universal Pictures is handling international distribution on Bond 25, which will hit U.S. theaters on April 8, 2020 via MGM and Annapurna’s new joint venture United Artists Releasing. Our own esteemed editor-in-chief Steve ‘Frosty’ Weintraub confirmed production has been pushed from March to April. We’re not saying that shift was to accommodate Malek, but I think it certainly helped the situation. Since Mr. Robot is supposedly shooting until July, it’s possible Malek’s scenes in Bond 25 will be back-loaded, since the shoot is expected to last many months, and tentpole productions are rarely filmed in a linear fashion.

In addition to his impressive turn as Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody, Malek recently starred opposite Charlie Hunnam in an underrated remake of Papillon. You’ll be able to hear him as the voice of Chee-Chee in Universal’s Robert Downey Jr. movie The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle. Malek is represented by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and representatives for the actor did not respond to multiple requests for comment over the past 48 hours.

MGM declined to comment.
http://collider.com/rami-malek-bond-25-villain/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter#images

Last edited by dex14; 02-27-19 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-27-19, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,318 Likes on 4,318 Posts

As this is Bond 25, I would hope that "Silver" figures into the title somewhere.

Hard to imagine him as menacing, but still I kinda like the idea of Rami Malek as the big bad.
Old 02-27-19, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
As this is Bond 25, I would hope that "Silver" figures into the title somewhere.

Hard to imagine him as menacing, but still I kinda like the idea of Rami Malek as the big bad.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u9CM0XIfBog" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mlLOsotA8fs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are other scenes too.
Old 02-27-19, 06:20 PM

I didn't find him too menacing there.
It was fun to see that again. Hadn't seen it since it aired (and of course had no idea who Rami was back then). I guess every working actor of Middle Eastern heritage in Hollywood had at least a brief appearance on 24 during the first decade of the 2000s.
Old 02-27-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts

Was there anything really menacing about Le Chiffre, Dominic Greene, Raul Silva or Blofeld?
Old 02-27-19, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts

Fukunaga hasn't dropped out yet? I'm kind of shocked
Old 02-27-19, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,099 Posts

You have to imagine him with his Freddie Mercury teeth.
Old 02-28-19, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

“We are absolutely thrilled to be releasing Bond 25 ‪on 8 April 2020‬."

Odd way to say that. "Absolutely thrilled" to release a movie on a random date? OK.
Old 02-28-19, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 331 Likes on 247 Posts

It's hard to think of Malek as a physical threat to Bond - but that's been true of most Bond villains - they always have henchmen to fight.

I wish Bond was released in the Fall - all the Craig Bond movies have come out in November.
Old 02-28-19, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
It's hard to think of Malek as a physical threat to Bond - but that's been true of most Bond villains - they always have henchmen to fight.

I wish Bond was released in the Fall - all the Craig Bond movies have come out in November.
Mr. Robot style villain.
Old 02-28-19, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Fukunaga hasn't dropped out yet? I'm kind of shocked
True. I thought the same thing, but the dude's gotta get his career back on track. Even if he is having "creative difference," he should suck it up.
Old 02-28-19, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by dex14
True. I thought the same thing, but the dude's gotta get his career back on track. Even if he is having "creative difference," he should suck it up.
Career back on track? Maniac was fantastic and a big critical success.
Old 02-28-19, 08:25 AM

Career back on track? Maniac was fantastic and a big critical success.
I'm not saying he isn't making great things, but he's gotten a reputation as difficult to work with, especially after leaving IT. Knocking it out the park with a franchise like this will do good things for him. Bailing, once again, over "creative differences" isn't going to go over well.
Old 02-28-19, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

After dropping both It and The Alienist, yeah, he sort of garnered a little bit of a reputation.

Maniac, True Detective and Beast of No Nations worked out because he had complete control, when he doesn't have that it doesn't seem to go well. Him and a studio system don't seem to be a very good fit.

In the past, Fukunaga explained his approach to It as “unconventional”, saying: “[The studio] wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive.”
I would love to read his original script.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-28-19 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-28-19, 08:38 AM

After dropping both It and The Alienist, yeah, he sort of garnered a little bit of a reputation.

Maniac, True Detective and Beast of No Nations worked out because he had complete control, when he doesn't have that it doesn't seem to go well. Him and a studio system don't seem to be a very good fit.
He had issues with Pizzolatto too. Though, his issue were just.

God damn you again for always deleting posts!
Old 02-28-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

fixed, yeah I really need to stop doing that. I looked it up and saw he left The Alienist due to scheduling, not due to creative differences, went to edit and fucked it all up.
Old 02-28-19, 08:53 AM

fixed, yeah I really need to stop doing that. I looked it up and saw he left The Alienist due to scheduling, not due to creative differences, went to edit and fucked it all up.
It was budget issues too. He says the final product is very different from what he had been developing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.