Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

F9: The Fast Saga (Fast & Furious 9) (2021, D: Lin)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

F9: The Fast Saga (Fast & Furious 9) (2021, D: Lin)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-17, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
re: Fast & Furious 9 (April 10, 2020, D: Lin)

Kevin Hart replacing him would be the dagger. Hell, they should just have Hart play his role and pretend like it is him. It would make for great comedy.
Old 11-02-17, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Man, the stuff with The Rock was one thing, but I don't find the rest of it funny at all. He's obviously going through some heavy shit and there is a kid involved. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get cut from the franchise over this and that it pushes him over the edge. He needs some help.

Last edited by Hazel Motes; 11-02-17 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-02-17, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Yeah sounds like he just need cash asap, and thats why he's mad the next FF is held up, and blames Rock.
Old 11-02-17, 07:25 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

I still don't get how it's The Rocks fault if the studio wants to put the spinoff out first.
Old 11-02-17, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck
Yeah sounds like he just need cash asap, and thats why he's mad the next FF is held up, and blames Rock.
That is exactly it.

Tyrese looks like he's having a mental breakdown and his friends are worried sick, but the actor tells us his behavior is that of a desperate father who has been bled dry by an angry ex-wife.

Tyrese has posted a gut-wrenching, almost hysterical video where he dissolves into tears at times and other times shows bursts of anger. He tells TMZ he is no different than an everyday Joe in Chicago who is fighting for his child.

He vehemently denies physically abusing 10-year-old Shayla and strongly believes Norma Gibson is motivated by spite and is making up claims to drive a wedge between father and daughter.

Tyrese also says he's going broke defending himself in court, paying huge legal bills. He says that's why he's so angry at The Rock, who's doing a spinoff of 'Fast & Furious' that is delaying the 9th installment of the franchise by a year. Tyrese says he desperately needs the paycheck.

The actor says Norma's claims have made him virtually unemployable ... essentially ruining his life, but he's determined to fight on so he can regain some form of custody.
Old 11-02-17, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Posting videos like the one he did is not gonna help him in any way, shape or form. Does he expect people to sympathize with him due to it? He comes off as unhinged mentally and emotionally. He probably thinks a few tears will help his case, but i think it only damages it more.

I really cannot see him being in the next movie. Not only due to the allegations, but his emotional state and venting at co-stars won't make him welcomed on set. He will get replaced, and i really wouldn't be surprised if they got Kevin Hart.

I always hated this series of movies, but would be curious to see the spinoff with the Rock and Statham.
Old 11-02-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
Man, the stuff with The Rock was one thing, but I don't find the rest of it funny at all. He's obviously going through some heavy shit and there is a kid involved. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get the a from the franchise over this and that it pushes him over the edge. He needs some help.
Agree, that is sad. Hopefully someone can get him help.
Old 11-02-17, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts

As much as I’ve enjoyed the last few entries in the series it might just be best to end it and continue on with the spin-off series. At this point Hobbs is the most interesting character anyway. The rest have all been played out as far as they can go.

And for all being super manly men, there sure are a bunch of bitches working on the Fast and Furious flicks.
Old 11-02-17, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Tyrese Gibson Threatens to Quit Fast & Furious 9 Amid Dwayne Johnson Feud.

Tyrese Gibson is threatening to quit the Fast & Furious franchise if Dwayne Johnson, who he calls a "clown" and a "selfish champ," is in the upcoming ninth film.

His rant, posted on Instagram on Wednesday, marked his harshest words yet against the actor, with whom he has feuded over the movie's delayed release date.

Last month, Universal Pictures announced a standalone spinoff movie starring The Rock and fellow cast member Jason Statham would hit theaters in 2019, the year the ninth Fast & Furious film was originally supposed to hit theaters.

The studio said the latter flick's release date would be moved to 2020. Tyrese, who plays recurring character Roman Pearce, blames Dwayne for the delay.

"Hello world.......... hello loyal fans and loved ones from OUR fast universe........ I'm sorry to announce that if Dewayne is in Fast9 there will no more Roman Peirce (sic)," Tyrese wrote on Instagram on Wednesday, alongside a selfie of main star Vin Diesel with his arm around him, standing next to Dwayne.

"You mess with family and my daughters survival I mess with yours......... close your eyes dude you're a 'Clown'...... #CandyAssBitchMade. All my real one.... Men on integrity... my real ones out here stand UP."

"Spin off huh? Spin off these nuts selfish champ," he added. "Pause notice who's got his arms around my shoulder and who's standing alone - #OurChildrenMatter."

Dwayne and Universal Studios have not commented. E! News has learned that production on the Fast & Furious movies that have been announced will proceed as planned.

http://www.eonline.com/news/890882/t...e-johnson-feud

Pretty sure Gibson doesn't have to threaten to quit, he most likely got himself fired.
Old 11-02-17, 09:06 AM

Did you not read the 20 posts before yours?
Old 11-02-17, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Tyrese Gibson Threatens to Quit Fast & Furious 9 Amid Dwayne Johnson Feud.

Tyrese Gibson is threatening to quit the Fast & Furious franchise if Dwayne Johnson, who he calls a "clown" and a "selfish champ," is in the upcoming ninth film.

His rant, posted on Instagram on Wednesday, marked his harshest words yet against the actor, with whom he has feuded over the movie's delayed release date.

Last month, Universal Pictures announced a standalone spinoff movie starring The Rock and fellow cast member Jason Statham would hit theaters in 2019, the year the ninth Fast & Furious film was originally supposed to hit theaters.

The studio said the latter flick's release date would be moved to 2020. Tyrese, who plays recurring character Roman Pearce, blames Dwayne for the delay.

"Hello world.......... hello loyal fans and loved ones from OUR fast universe........ I'm sorry to announce that if Dewayne is in Fast9 there will no more Roman Peirce (sic)," Tyrese wrote on Instagram on Wednesday, alongside a selfie of main star Vin Diesel with his arm around him, standing next to Dwayne.

"You mess with family and my daughters survival I mess with yours......... close your eyes dude you're a 'Clown'...... #CandyAssBitchMade. All my real one.... Men on integrity... my real ones out here stand UP."

"Spin off huh? Spin off these nuts selfish champ," he added. "Pause notice who's got his arms around my shoulder and who's standing alone - #OurChildrenMatter."

Dwayne and Universal Studios have not commented. E! News has learned that production on the Fast & Furious movies that have been announced will proceed as planned.

http://www.eonline.com/news/890882/t...e-johnson-feud

Pretty sure Gibson doesn't have to threaten to quit, he most likely got himself fired.
i posted this already lol...
Old 11-02-17, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I think if the studio's choice is gibson vs. johnson, it's pretty easy.
Old 11-02-17, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah do you go with the number 1 box office draw or Tyrese Gibson who has never done any box office business on his own?
Old 11-02-17, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Did you not read the 20 posts before yours?
Nope.
Old 11-02-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Tyrese wouldn't even have a career at this point without these movies being made, and The Rock is a big reason as to why 5-8 have made the money that they have.

That video he posted is going to hurt him in court. Makes him look completely unstable.
Old 11-02-17, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I didn't realize until today how much Tyrese has going on in his life. I can now see why he would lash out at Dwayne. It would be easy, from Tyrese's perspective, to put the blame on Dwayne for the movies taking longer to come out. It wouldn't surprise me if Dwayne's salary takes some away from the other actors, too.

That said, Tyrese needs to get his shit together. If he's abusive, well, he's reaping some of what he's sown. He should reign himself in, get some therapy. He's by no means a big draw, but he's known enough that he could pull in some smaller movies to pad out the blockbusters.

The feud was originally amusing. Now it's just sad.
Old 11-02-17, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

"We would like to wish Tyrese the best of luck in his future endeavors..."
Old 11-02-17, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Tyrese posted (and later deleted) another video on facebook where he rambles about The Rock for a while then finishes it with the cryptic line "If my daughter don't matter, then your daughters aren't going to matter either...hello, Dwayne"

I think at this point he won't be returning to the franchise, but it won't be his decision.

Last edited by Bob_Bobbson; 11-02-17 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-02-17, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts

^ It’s all fun and games until you threaten another man’s kids...
Old 11-02-17, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
^ It’s all fun and games until you threaten another man’s kids...
So true

--------------

Was it Vin Diesel that brought in the character Hobbs into the franchise? If so then why the hell is Tyrese angry at the Rock? If anything it should be at Vin Diesel. The Rock is just doing his thing and getting so much hate for no reason.

Also he said "daughters". Which signifies two or more. So he's threatening more than one kid.

He doesn't have any visitation rights to see his daughter because he abuses her. What the heck is wrong with this idiot?
Old 11-02-17, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Rock is still doing Make a Wish for kids despite the fact that he hasn't been a full time wrestler in forever. That is all he posted about tonight so far. Guys a class act and probably a good thing he is just ignoring this.
Old 11-02-17, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

This is from last month, but apparently The Rock hates Tyrese's music.

Old 11-02-17, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Just sounds like a dude going through some rough times with an ex-wife/mother of his kid. She probably has some crazy ass Hollywood level child support payment bleeding him dry. Didn't Brendan Fraser go through something similar?

I can't fault the dude for wanting another payday to take care of his kid, but a little social media decorum would go a long way in this situation.

Johnson may be the bigger box office draw, but let's be honest here, in the FF world Hobbes is just a random muscle for hire. He's not a very developed character. I wouldn't miss Hobbe's if he was gone. Roman on the other hand is far more entertaining as a character and I'd like to see him stick around.

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
And for all being super manly men, there sure are a bunch of bitches working on the Fast and Furious flicks.
Ain't that the truth. That's probably why Johnson is staying mum. He was the whiny bitch during the last FF social media shit storm.

Originally Posted by MysterioMan007
He's only been in a half of them and was only one of the two main characters in arguably the weakest entry. He's losing his mind.
Blasphemy. 2 Fast is probably the second most entertaining of the series next to Fast Five, and that's largely because of Roman and Tej.
Old 11-02-17, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Tyrese’s latest post

Old 11-02-17, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Just sounds like a dude going through some rough times with an ex-wife/mother of his kid. She probably has some crazy ass Hollywood level child support payment bleeding him dry. Didn't Brendan Fraser go through something similar?

I can't fault the dude for wanting another payday to take care of his kid, but a little social media decorum would go a long way in this situation.

Johnson may be the bigger box office draw, but let's be honest here, in the FF world Hobbes is just a random muscle for hire. He's not a very developed character. I wouldn't miss Hobbe's if he was gone. Roman on the other hand is far more entertaining as a character and I'd like to see him stick around.

Ain't that the truth. That's probably why Johnson is staying mum. He was the whiny bitch during the last FF social media shit storm.

Blasphemy. 2 Fast is probably the second most entertaining of the series next to Fast Five, and that's largely because of Roman and Tej.

1. The second film was one of the worst.
2. Comedy relief is the easiest character to replace.
3. F&F has never sold itself on character development.
4. The VD/Johnson thing was supposed to lead to a WM match but it fell through.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.