Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Denver Alamo Drafthouses

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Denver Alamo Drafthouses

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Denver Alamo Drafthouses

This is mostly for LurkerDan, but also for anyone else in the Denver area.

The new Westminster Downtown area off of Highway 36 and Sheridan Avenue is going to get an Alamo Drafthouse.

http://www.downtownwestminster.us/Ne...-downtown.aspx

Spoiler:
Austin-based Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is moving ahead quickly with plans to open a 40,000-foot cinema featuring its funky blend of movies, beer and food, combined with creative community events for movie lovers.

“We see great opportunity in the Downtown Westminster site, and we’re looking forward to bringing our special brand of entertainment there,” said Dave Kennedy of Alamo.

Alamo will be part of a mixed-use block of development on the western side of the 105-acre site, which is located at U.S. 36 and Sheridan Boulevard.

Hopefully they'll bring up the MileHighSciFi from the Littleton location once in a while.

This is the second or third in Denver, depending on whether or not the one off of West Colfax ever opens up.
Old 08-13-15, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,205 Likes on 2,069 Posts
Re: Denver Alamo Drafthouses

I've been to the Littleton Drafthouse a couple of times but I recently moved to Northern Colorado so that one is now an hour+ away from me. This is good news about a new one opening in Westminster. That'll put it about 20-25 minutes away!
Old 08-13-15, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, AMC Westminster promenade is not going to like this.
Old 08-13-15, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Why is there none in SoCal?
Old 02-25-20, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Why is there none in SoCal?
Bringing this thread back to life, as San Diego's Ken Cinema is scheduled to close next month, and I'd LOVE for it to be a Drafthouse. It's a very old, single screen theater, but with a ton of charm. I can't count all the double features, Hong Kong flicks, Kurosawa weeks, Studio Ghibli weeks, midnight screenings of Rocky Horror and The Room, etc etc I've seen there. They can't close it. They just can't.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ry/2020-02-25/
Old 02-25-20, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

The Westminster location has been open for about a year or so now, and they also have the monthly pass thing going. I haven't signed up for it yet, as I don't get out to the movies often, but maybe someday. This location has a big screen on the outside of the building, with grass in front of it, so I'm wondering if they are planning to have outdoor shows at some point.
Old 02-25-20, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

I'm not sure now if my theater would be good to be a Drafthouse, as there's no room for a kitchen or any of the amenities AD provides. Hell, if there's a line at the popcorn stand, the men's room gets completely blocked off.

someone should take it over though. It's a real classy old-style theater.