Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018, D: Bayona) S: Pratt, Howard

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018, D: Bayona) S: Pratt, Howard

Old 08-03-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Jurassic Galaxy: World Star!!! (2018 d:? s: Pratt, Howard)

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Flashforward and ....

This x1000!
Old 08-03-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Let's combine the new Planet Of The Apes series with the new Jurassic Park films.
I'd pay to watch dinosaurs eat Caesar and all those "damn dirty apes."
Old 08-03-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Flashforward and ....

I want a big-budget version of this in the worst way possible.
Old 08-03-15, 01:25 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Does this mean that Jurassic World 2 could feature competing dinosaur battles?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ebook_20150803
Old 08-03-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

"There are applications for this science that reach far beyond entertainment," the director, who'll co-write and produce the follow-up, teased. "When you look back at nuclear power and how that started, the first instinct was to weaponize it and later on we found it could be used for energy."

Quarry diggers, lawnmowers, sprinklers... the industrial applications are endles!
Old 08-03-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho

Quarry diggers, lawnmowers, sprinklers... the industrial applications are endles!
And then the dino-servants revolt...
Old 08-03-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As a kid I loved the rotoscoped intro and wore out the VHS. However, I hated that the tape had commercials throughout the episode to advertize the toy line.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lor_uUkJkkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-03-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Not sure how I feel about the ideas for a sequel. It seems like they're really stretching for ideas in my opinion. The weaponization of dinosaurs was already explored to an extent in Jurassic World and I'm not really sure I have a lot of interest in seeinig that expanded on. The other things about them performing functions in society sounds sort of stupid. I guess to me Jurassic World felt like a good capper on the franchise as it was the culmination of the idea from the original film realized.
Old 08-03-15, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Bring on the sequels, you don't need an amazing premise to make a good film, it's all about the execution. Even if they make a sequel that totally sucks, I'll live. They gave it a shot, and I still have the original films.
Old 08-03-15, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I would like to see the sequel as a multi-camera sitcom with a baby.
Old 08-03-15, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
I would like to see the sequel as a multi-camera sitcom with a baby.
That ends on a sour note when the papa dinosaur is responsible for the deaths of his entire family (and that of their whole species).
Old 08-03-15, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I loved Dino-Riders as a kid, but it's painful to watch now. I always felt bad that the Triceratops was an "evil" dinosaur as that's one of my favourite species. I know they were being mind-controlled and had no say in the matter but still...
Old 08-04-15, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Here's how you handle future installmentts:

Okay, first, the franchise is called "Jurassic World."

Go back to the original Jurassic Park and Ian says that man and dinosaur were never meant to mix.

What happens is that the dinosaurs from the parks have gotten loose and have started taking over the world; taking it back from humans so to speak. So we're looking at a planet being overrun with dinosaurs. Sort of a Walking Dead or Mad Max scenario. It started small, with the littler species like the Compsognathuses breeding like crazy, and eventually the larger ones started showing up, packs of Velociraptors living in urban areas, killing people, and Tyrannosaurus Rexes and Allosaurs hunting larger game and eventually attacking cities.
Old 08-04-15, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

That actually wouldn't sound so bad. Kind of like a Planet of the Apes sort of deal only with dinosaurs. The only thing is with the apes it sort of works to make them seem semi-intelligent and I'm not sure how that would work with dinosaurs. I suppose they could just be powerful enough though where it wouldn't matter.
Old 08-04-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Too bad Pete Postlethwaite passed away. His character would be perfect for such a scenario.
Old 08-04-15, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Here's how you handle future installmentts:

Okay, first, the franchise is called "Jurassic World."

Go back to the original Jurassic Park and Ian says that man and dinosaur were never meant to mix.

What happens is that the dinosaurs from the parks have gotten loose and have started taking over the world; taking it back from humans so to speak. So we're looking at a planet being overrun with dinosaurs. Sort of a Walking Dead or Mad Max scenario. It started small, with the littler species like the Compsognathuses breeding like crazy, and eventually the larger ones started showing up, packs of Velociraptors living in urban areas, killing people, and Tyrannosaurus Rexes and Allosaurs hunting larger game and eventually attacking cities.
Since they're not bulletproof, why doesn't the army just stop them? Unless they go further down the sci-fi route and have human intelligence or something and can organize. But all that sounds like an entirely different franchise.
Old 08-04-15, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Since they're not bulletproof, why doesn't the army just stop them? Unless they go further down the sci-fi route and have human intelligence or something and can organize. But all that sounds like an entirely different franchise.
Yeah, that does pose a bit of a problem. Dinosaurs are just big animals and wouldn't be terribly difficult for the National Guard to kill. A T-Rex could be taken down easily by a RPG. I could also see dinos being hunted with helicopters. Smaller ones, like Raptors, would be more able to hide and evade hunters while still being lethal predators.

But I'm like, fuck it, these are monster movies with dinosaurs. Logic and realism need not apply.
Old 08-04-15, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Before the raptor training bullshit of the last movie (maybe they bred special retarded raptors for Chris Pratt to play with?), the franchise established them as hyper intelligent. Whose to say further generations of the other carnivorous species wouldn't exhibit similar levels of intelligence?
Old 08-04-15, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Didn't connect to the whole Owen training them aspect?
Old 08-04-15, 03:14 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Old 08-04-15, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Didn't connect to the whole Owen training them aspect?
It was bullshit that doesn't jive with the series canon. They would have to have been specially engineered to be a domesticated-ish breed.
Old 08-04-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, that does pose a bit of a problem. Dinosaurs are just big animals and wouldn't be terribly difficult for the National Guard to kill. A T-Rex could be taken down easily by a RPG. I could also see dinos being hunted with helicopters. Smaller ones, like Raptors, would be more able to hide and evade hunters while still being lethal predators.

But I'm like, fuck it, these are monster movies with dinosaurs. Logic and realism need not apply.
Originally Posted by fujishig
Same with zombies. They could be easily contained and/obliterated if they truly existed.
Old 08-04-15, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Maybe they can do a dinosaur spy movie.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2cyrqo" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Archer - Archersaurus (UNAIRED PILOT Episode... by disnmad
Old 08-04-15, 04:27 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
It was bullshit that doesn't jive with the series canon. They would have to have been specially engineered to be a domesticated-ish breed.
Admittedly I only remember JP1, so the canon is rather weak w/ me if you're pulling from the others... but... how does it contradict the canon? They're the island's only pack, no? People have trained undomesticated types of animals as well. Unless there's something more I'm missing, it could be done too. Considering that they're isolated w/ Owen being the Alpha. Not too hard of a stretch w/ the premise.
Old 09-21-15, 02:16 PM

Received 4,556 Likes on 3,091 Posts

Colin Trevorrow on JURASSIC WORLD 2:

We looked at it as a trilogy from the very beginning. We designed the whole thing that way. And, honestly, the whole trilogy is articulated in Jurassic Park. Jurassic World is all based on Ian Malcom’s quote: ‘you stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you knew what you had, you’d packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox and now you want to sell it.’ That, to me, is Jurassic World. That’s why I had all the product placement, that’s what it was. So with Jurassic World 2 it’s: 'dinosaurs and man separated by 65 million years of evolution have been thrown back into the mix together – how can we know what to expect?'. That’s not the exact quote, but you get the idea. And that’s why its exciting the movie did well. I had a beginning, a middle and an end and it was designed this way. So now we get to play that out.

It’ll be a different kind of film and the audience has given us kind of permission to take this to the next level. And I don’t mean in scale. I feel very strongly that this is not ‘more dinosaurs’ or ‘bigger dinosaurs’, it’s about using this as a starting point to discover our relationship with these animals and with animals in general, and the dynamic that was created by bringing them back to life.

We made [Jurassic World] with the fans very much in mind and I’m not going to forget that, but we’ve seen a lot of ‘dinosaurs chasing people around on an island’ movies. And I think you guys and the general audience are going to be down to explore where else we can go. Owen is going to be in it, Claire is in it and neither are going to be in the same place we left them in the first movie. And even though Claire is the one who evolves the most over the trilogy, it’s her story that mirrors this changing world. Owen has shit to deal with. They’ve both opened Pandora’s Box in Jurassic World and both of them are responsible for different elements of it. And I think the way these characters are connected to these circumstances of what’s happening, it’s different than previous films. It’s not ‘let’s manufacture a way to get them somewhere’, they’re embedded into it now in a way that us storytellers are able to keep them involved without it feeling contrived.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/char...ld-trilogy-242

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.