Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Batman (2022, D: Matt Reeves) S: Pattinson

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Batman (2022, D: Matt Reeves) S: Pattinson

Old 12-10-15, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Batman (D: Ben Affleck)

Maybe i'm missing something, but why is there the presumption of a team up between Deadshot and Batman? The article just mentions the possible inclusion and a "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" scenario which makes me presume there will be another villain and the characters angling for their own motives.

I think the wording of "join forces" just references their appearance in a movie opposed to them being buddies or partners the way a Robin character would be.
Old 12-10-15, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

It's almost like people are jumping to conclusions because they are convinced all these DC movies will suck.
Old 12-10-15, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,149 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Maybe i'm missing something, but why is there the presumption of a team up between Deadshot and Batman? The article just mentions the possible inclusion and a "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" scenario which makes me presume there will be another villain and the characters angling for their own motives.

I think the wording of "join forces" just references their appearance in a movie opposed to them being buddies or partners the way a Robin character would be.
Right maybe not a full fledged team up with them being actual partners but at least working together. I'm just saying that I'd rather they include one of Batman's actual partners to take down whichever villain rather than randomly putting him and Deadshot in the same film against whoever.
Old 12-10-15, 06:19 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
It's random in that Deadshot and Batman aren't really known for teaming up.
Who cares? The movies are distinct from the comics, and when you have Will Smith and he wants to be in more of your movies, you find movies to put him into.
Old 12-10-15, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It makes sense for a name like Smith to be included from a marketing stance yes but that doesn't equate to a good film. I'm not saying it'll be bad I'd just prefer they went with a different character to team up with Batman. As a comic fan there are just so many other choices that make more sense and I realize that Warner and DC are catering to a larger audience but I think even casual fans would be accepting of Robin or whoever if they were done right.
Old 12-10-15, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
It's almost like people are jumping to conclusions because they are convinced all these DC movies will suck.
Well at least most of it is for good reason, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Right maybe not a full fledged team up with them being actual partners but at least working together. I'm just saying that I'd rather they include one of Batman's actual partners to take down whichever villain rather than randomly putting him and Deadshot in the same film against whoever.
Again, we don't even know that they're going to be necessarily working together either and to me it sounds more like a 1v1v1 situation based on the very little information provided. I don't really see an issue with that, or the use of Deadshot in a Batman movie. Seems like he would fit in just fine.

I'd love to see a real Robin/Nightwing relationship develop in the movies too. I don't think the inclusion of Deadshot has any effect on that though.
Old 12-10-15, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I should clarify I don't have a problem with him being used as a villain necessarily or if it's like you said with Batman versus Deadshot versus whoever. I don't particularly love the character or Smith but if that's who they choose for that role whatever. I just am saying if they want to team Batman with someone I'd prefer it to be one of his main allies and not some randomly picked character because said character is being played by a big name and can be used to lure people in.
Old 12-10-15, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just am saying if they want to team Batman with someone I'd prefer it to be one of his main allies and not some randomly picked character because said character is being played by a big name and can be used to lure people in.
Me too, but like I said originally I just don't see why there's an assumption that Deadshot is a team up.
Old 03-30-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,623 Likes on 2,600 Posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ten-his-879355

Ben Affleck Has Written His Own 'Batman' Script

"There's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea," says William Morris Endeavor's Patrick Whitesell.
For the fans who found Ben Affleck's Dark Knight to be the highlight of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, some good news: not only will he return for the Justice League movies, but there's the possibility of an additional Batman movie based on Affleck's own take on the character.

In a Hollywood Reporter cover story with William Morris Endeavor's co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, Whitesell reveals how many movies Affleck has currently signed up for when it comes to DC's Caped Crusader.

"He's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape," he says, adding, "there's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option."

This isn't the first time the Affleck-originated Batman movie has been raised. During San Diego Comic-Con last year, THR reported that the actor/director was developing a stand-alone Batman project with DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns, with Affleck tentatively attached to direct, as well as star in.

In addition to the movies Whitesell mentioned, Affleck's Batman will also make a cameo appearance in August's Suicide Squad, which includes a number of the hero's comic book villains as lead characters (His rumored presence was confirmed in footage from the movie released during Comic-Con last year).
Old 03-30-16, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

Old 03-30-16, 02:57 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Now it's a "possibility"? I thought this was a done deal.
Old 03-30-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by coli
The problem with these franchise reboots is once you have an actor who plays a great superhero, it is very hard to think of anyone else as them. When I think of Superman, I think of Christopher Reeve. When I think of Batman, I think of Christian Bale. When I think of Spiderman, I think of Tobey Maguire.

Its like making an Indiana Jones movie with someone else playing him other then Harrison Ford.
Old 03-30-16, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Now it's a "possibility"? I thought this was a done deal.
yeah, it seemed like it was being fast tracked. who knows what the hell WB is doing at this point.
Old 03-30-16, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Probably nothing but Justice League is set in stone until they see how well this movie does overall. I read 'rumor sites' that claim that people behind the scenes at WB are pissed/scrambling, but who knows how reliable they are.
Old 03-30-16, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Probably nothing but Justice League is set in stone until they see how well this movie does overall. I read 'rumor sites' that claim that people behind the scenes at WB are pissed/scrambling, but who knows how reliable they are.
I could see them pissed if they were expecting something with universal acclaim that would reliably launch another set of franchises (that is, they wanted exactly what Avengers did).
Old 03-30-16, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i don't see how they aren't going to get another batman movie made, though. he's their most popular character. that should've been the priority to get that going from the beginning.
Old 03-30-16, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is the movie we're all looking forward to.
Old 03-30-16, 03:35 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

WB execs just lit their batsignal and it's got batfleck's silhouette on it
Old 03-30-16, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Affleck is writing and directing we should get a good film.
Old 03-30-16, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yup, totally onboard with Affleck. Also thought it was a done deal already, so i'm disappointing they're still working things out.

For all the people that thought people were out to hate on DC, this will probably show otherwise
Old 03-30-16, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah. I thought it was set in stone. Wouldn't surprise me if this film is better than Snyder's take on the franchise.
Old 03-30-16, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just hope it's a focused, solo Batman film and doesn't have anything to do with other superheroes.
Old 03-30-16, 04:16 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Looking back around the time of the original announcement of Affleck being batfleck, this board was actually pretty tame with the reactions.

-starts around post 514
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...l#post11807867

-some were for (optimistic, even)
-some were against (but not like frothing at the mouth)

-GoldenJCJ joked "Oh shit, the Internet is about to explode!" (which was kinda true; twitterbook was flowing with the hate)

-and Why So Blu turned into chloe moritz for a second
Old 03-30-16, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I just hope it's a focused, solo Batman film and doesn't have anything to do with other superheroes.
It'd be interesting to see if he goes for a prequel type of flick ie younger Batman or continues forward into the timeline.

I wouldn't mind some of the Bat family but for the first film... I mostly want it to just be a solo thing.
Old 03-30-16, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
Looking back around the time of the original announcement of Affleck being batfleck, this board was actually pretty tame with the reactions.

-starts around post 514
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...l#post11807867

-some were for (optimistic, even)
-some were against (but not like frothing at the mouth)

-GoldenJCJ joked "Oh shit, the Internet is about to explode!" (which was kinda true; twitterbook was flowing with the hate)

-and Why So Blu turned into chloe moritz for a second
I don't get the Chloe Moritz line. You mean, cute?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.