Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Batman (2022, D: Matt Reeves) S: Pattinson

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Batman (2022, D: Matt Reeves) S: Pattinson

Old 10-04-18, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts
re: The Batman (2022, D: Matt Reeves) S: Pattinson

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I have my doubts. His next project I think is "The Has-Been" which is at Warner. Also, a bit early to get into "Batman" shape since production isn't supposed to be until Summer 2019, unless the studio (and Matt Reeves) are doing a swerve on us and it'll start a lot sooner.
Maybe just trying to get rid of the alcoholic bloating.
Old 10-04-18, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Actually, wouldn't surprise me if it's some health regimen as part of his sobriety. In any case, he's not playing Batman anymore, if he were the studio would've announced it and secondly, the rumors have been nothing but Reeves going with a young actor to play the character.
Old 10-04-18, 02:08 PM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts

I have my doubts. His next project I think is "The Has-Been" which is at Warner. Also, a bit early to get into "Batman" shape since production isn't supposed to be until Summer 2019, unless the studio (and Matt Reeves) are doing a swerve on us and it'll start a lot sooner.
I'm with you.
Old 10-08-18, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Grain of Salt Rumor Time:

RUMOR: Warner Bros. Eyes Jack O’Connell For Matt Reeves’ ‘THE BATMAN’

Now comes the stretch…the part of this rumor that I’ve been trying to confirm since Friday and that I, myself, am having a hard time buying, and why this is only being reported as a rumor. I was given a name, not as someone who had absolutely been cast for this role, but someone that Warner Bros. had expressed interest in and that may have been present for either the recent meeting with Affleck or have met with WB very recently. Since being given the name I’ve reached out to his reps and received no response, so at this point we’ve decided to share the name with you, from one group of fans to another, knowing that it’s a rumor that we haven’t been able to substantiate and one that doesn’t seem to fit. However, as one of my colleagues said, Daniel Craig didn’t make sense as James Bond until you saw him. The name we were given as a potential replacement (or potential Bat-family member) was Jack O’Connell.

Our hope here is that by sharing the rumor, it’ll be confirmed, denied or shed some light on whatever the actual situation is that’s going on at Warner Bros. with The Batman. Stay tuned to That Hashtag Show for more on this story as it develops.
http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/10/0...es-the-batman/
Old 10-08-18, 03:04 PM

Grain of Salt Rumor Time:

RUMOR: Warner Bros. Eyes Jack O’Connell For Matt Reeves’ ‘THE BATMAN’

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/10/0...es-the-batman/
I’ve liked O’Connell since Skins, but I just don’t see him as Batman.
Old 10-08-18, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have enough faith in Reeves to make the right choice and would give him a chance. One thing that stood out was the "or potential Bat-family member" part. Kind of odd for them to add that in there... Sounds almost like Dick Grayson or something.
Old 10-08-18, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

I think he’d be a better fit for Dick Grayson. Seems a bit on the young side to play Bruce/Batman to me (he’s only 28) and doesn’t quite have the look. I could see him as Nightwing though.
Old 01-04-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aaron: When will we hear who will lead Matt Reeves' The Batman? Presumably, it won't be Ben Affleck.

Borys: The script is basically in, although Reeves will continue tweaking it and working on it. And I'm hearing the studio wants to start shooting in November. So let's say between now and then?
https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...9.1hk/8cca7c9e
Old 01-04-19, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m curious to finally get some concrete details on this like who’s going to be Batman and what villains. I know Penguin has been rumored but wondering if that’s still the case or not. Hopefully it’ll be out by 2020 or 2021.
Old 01-05-19, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Jesus, the glacial pace of this thing is frustrating! “The script is basically in”?

Meanwhile that Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie came out of nowhere and they’re already done with principal photography.
Old 01-05-19, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 475 Likes on 349 Posts

Having just watched Justice League for the first time, I really wish Affleck were continuing as Bruce/Batman. I really liked him in that role.
Old 01-05-19, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It’s not confirmed one way or the other regarding Affleck. While I didn’t mind him in the role I feel like the drama he carries from the two films he was in on top of the will he or won’t he return as the character makes me ready to see someone new. Plus I feel like it’s better getting someone younger. He was old for the part in the first place and it’ll probably have been about five years since he last starred as the character. Also I believe this story is rumored to be about a younger Batman.
Old 01-05-19, 07:45 PM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Having just watched Justice League for the first time, I really wish Affleck were continuing as Bruce/Batman. I really liked him in that role.
I like Batfleck too... and I’d like to see him as Old Man Wayne in a Batman Beyond setting with a younger actor as Terry. That would be cool.
Old 01-05-19, 08:42 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I like Batfleck too, but just an odd choice going with an older Batman for the DCU right off the … uh, bat.
Old 01-07-19, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

I like Batfleck too... and I’d like to see him as Old Man Wayne in a Batman Beyond setting with a younger actor as Terry. That would be cool.
Keaton would be more awesome as old man Wayne if they were to do Beyond

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Jesus, the glacial pace of this thing is frustrating! “The script is basically in”?

Meanwhile that Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie came out of nowhere and they’re already done with principal photography.
My thought's exactly. My money is on this coming out never
Old 01-10-19, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From Revenge of the Fan:

One of the things that seems to be getting a lot of thought is the amount of spectacle the film will have.

As I wrote about in that December piece, the first draft of The Batman was pretty low on spectacle. Some of you took this to mean that it’ll have “no action,” but it’s important to note that I never said that. What I did say was that the script’s primary focus is on telling a psychologically complex detective story that takes its cues from David Fincher films like Se7en and Zodiac.

And now the second draft has come in and, from the sound of it, Reeves has amped up the spectacle a bit. I don’t know what motivated him to bring a little more explosiveness to the proceedings- maybe the studio has loosened the reins on his budget a bit thanks to Aquaman?- but I hear the action quotient for the film will lie somewhere between Se7en and The Dark Knight.
https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/01...breaking-more/
Old 01-11-19, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 953 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
It’s not confirmed one way or the other regarding Affleck. While I didn’t mind him in the role I feel like the drama he carries from the two films he was in on top of the will he or won’t he return as the character makes me ready to see someone new. Plus I feel like it’s better getting someone younger. He was old for the part in the first place and it’ll probably have been about five years since he last starred as the character. Also I believe this story is rumored to be about a younger Batman.
Originally Posted by TGM
I like Batfleck too, but just an odd choice going with an older Batman for the DCU right off the … uh, bat.
But that's the reason why they went with him. I was skeptical too but after seeing him I understand why they went with an older Batman. We've already seen his origin a LOT so going with an older established Batman made sense. They wanted to set him apart from the existing iterations. He was much more in line with the Dark Knight Batman. Older, gruff, confident, smart, brutal. I loved the Martha rescue scene. He was absolutely brutal with taking out the kidnappers and I loved that.

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

That would be awesome. But I really wonder if they would do a Batman Beyond movie. The general public doesn't really know much about that version of batman so I don't know if they would greenlight it.
Old 01-30-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, Batman. Tell us about your take.

It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.

Have you begun the casting process?

There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We're starting to put together our battle plan. I'm doing another pass on the script and we'll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things.

What's your goal as far as a release date?

We haven't been dated. I wouldn't commit to this, but we're thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...batman-1180514

Last edited by TheMovieman; 01-30-19 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-30-19, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. is dating their next rendition of Batman for June 25, 2021. This is the one that Matt Reeves has been attached to as writer and director. Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight’s tights after playing the Caped Crusader in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and Justice League and that’s because this movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne.
Ben is officially out.
Old 01-30-19, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In other news, water is still fucking wet.

Now the casting rumor can really ratchet up. I'm going to guess Jack O'Connell.

Last edited by TheMovieman; 01-30-19 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-30-19, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well I really did like Ben in the role, but now we got a date, we're recasting, so lets get rolling.
Old 01-30-19, 08:04 PM

Since this is a younger version there is always the possibility for some arrangement with Affleck to do a Justice League 2 or older Batman appearances.
Old 01-30-19, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Like a sequel to Justice League is coming anytime soon. The DCEU is all but dead and the Justice League brand is damaged goods at this point. Salvage Gadot and Momoa and forget the rest.

Anyways good that things are finally starting to fall in place with this film. Glad we’re not playing the will he or won’t he game with Affleck anymore. Fresh start is what DC needs. I like that it sounds like Reeves has a good grip on how to tell a proper Batman story and focusing on him as a detective, and maybe for once actually on Batman instead of everyone else around him.
Old 01-30-19, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
Well I really did like Ben in the role, but now we got a date, we're recasting, so lets get rolling.
+1

Now that it's out of the way, time for the rumor carousel to start on up in high gear.
Old 01-31-19, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

The fact that the "world's greatest detective" is actually going to do some detecting in this film sold me a ticket. That's been my BIGGEST complaint about every previous Batman movie (good or bad).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.