Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Soaked in Bleach - 6/11/15 - Kurt Cobain Death Docu

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-13-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Tom Grant, a private investigator once hired by Courtney Love, reveals his take on the death of Kurt Cobain.
SOAKED IN BLEACH reveals the events behind Kurt Cobain's death as seen through the eyes of Tom Grant, the private investigator that was hired by Courtney Love in 1994 to track down her missing husband (Kurt Cobain) only days before his deceased body was found at their Seattle home. Cobain's death was ruled a suicide by the police (a reported self-inflicted gunshot wound), but doubts have circulated for twenty years as to the legitimacy of this ruling, especially due to the work of Mr. Grant, a former L.A. County Sheriff's detective, who did his own investigation and determined there was significant empirical and circumstantial evidence to conclude that foul play could very well have occurred. The film develops as a narrative mystery with cinematic re-creations, interviews with key experts and witnesses and the examination of official artifacts from the 1994 case.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/127608901?byline=0&portrait=0" width="680" height="382" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched last night and there is some pretty strange info that probably hasn't been available to the public about what went on just days before his death. I always had a feeling something wasn't right but at the same time, my thoughts went to suicide simply because of the Kurt Cobain we all saw on TV and read about. It appears some of that exposure were lies.
Old 06-13-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 878 Likes on 713 Posts
Re: Soaked in Bleach - 6/11/15 - Kurt Cobain Death Docu

Looks pretty interesting to me. I've always thought there was some odd stuff surrounding Cobain's death but have never really bought into the theories that he may have been killed. I'll still watch this though to see what information previously unreleased is being brought to light.
Old 06-18-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched this tonight and it was really damn interesting. I definitely don't see how a person can watch this and come away thinking things were as straight forward as we've been led to believe all these years. Not to say that he did or didn't commit suicide, but I definitely think there's more to it than he did commit suicide case closed.
Old 06-18-15, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Courtney Love issues cease and desist...

http://deadline.com/2015/06/courtney...ry-1201445904/
Old 06-18-15, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It does seem like she doesn't want the case looked into further. Granted that could just be that she doesn't want to bring up the past and bad memories of Kurt's death or she realizes that there is quite a bit of information presented in the documentary that calls into question whether or not she knew more about the circumstances of his death.
Old 06-18-15, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
It does seem like she doesn't want the case looked into further. Granted that could just be that she doesn't want to bring up the past and bad memories of Kurt's death or she realizes that there is quite a bit of information presented in the documentary that calls into question whether or not she knew more about the circumstances of his death.
I'm watching the doc right now.
Old 06-18-15, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She supported the shit out of Montage Of Heck because it didnt have anything implicating her.
Fast forward to Soaked in Bleach where she is the main focus and all of a sudden things change when it comes to a story about Kurt's death. It seems she was OK with a documentary that pretty much painted Kurt as a suicide time bomb just waiting to go off. Now that we get to listen to actual audio containing her lies that could implicate her ...
Old 06-18-15, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got done with the movie, and yeah....that does paint a VERY ugly picture of Courtney Love. If shes truly not guilty, why stop this doc? I didn't think it was possible to hate her more than I already do but yup I do indeed hate her more.
Old 06-18-15, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's possible that Cali is the one who killed him. It makes total sense, he was in contact with Courtney the weekend before Kurt supposedly went missing and was seemingly the last person to have seen him alive. It could be that he and Kurt were hanging out and doing heroin together and after Kurt initially passed out he gave him a second dose (I've read he had two injection points) and taken him up to the green house and shot him to make it look like a suicide. The whole thing with the gunshell being on the wrong side seems like pretty strong evidence that Kurt didn't pull the trigger.
Old 06-18-15, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan of the man or his band. But always wondered how much of his " legacy" would change if all the facts lined up and they PROVED he was murdered.

How much would change? Poor sad soul that kills himself, is very, very different than junkie that got killed by another junkie. One makes more money. Maybe in 30 to 50 years the truth will come out when tha generation is gone and no longer cares.
Old 06-18-15, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I think it's possible that Cali is the one who killed him. It makes total sense, he was in contact with Courtney the weekend before Kurt supposedly went missing and was seemingly the last person to have seen him alive. It could be that he and Kurt were hanging out and doing heroin together and after Kurt initially passed out he gave him a second dose (I've read he had two injection points) and taken him up to the green house and shot him to make it look like a suicide. The whole thing with the gunshell being on the wrong side seems like pretty strong evidence that Kurt didn't pull the trigger.
Agreed, there is too much that just doesn't add up
Old 06-18-15, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 754 Likes on 613 Posts

Naw, his legacy lasted a little over a decade, I don't think anybody really holds him or them in nearly the same regard that they were held a little while back.
Old 06-18-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll say that before seeing this I never bought into his death being anything but a suicide. However after watching this there's way too much shit that doesn't add up from the story Courtney has told. I think she intended to hire a PI to investigate him going "missing" as a way to cover her tracks that she had him killed. She didn't count on Tom Grant being a stand up guy who would go against her and actually wants to solve the case. I obviously can't say what happened but I think there's compelling information that she may have somehow been involved with his death. I'd love to see the case reopened.
Old 06-18-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The thing that brings this all back to light is the fact that Tom Grant was smart enough to record everything the moment a Red light went off about Courtney. The fact that he kept a complete record of everything that the Seattle PD probably would have thrown away. She probably thought she was dealing with a hack PI, but little did she know ...
Old 06-18-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Kurt going missing is the thing that doesn't gel with me. I think that whole story seems like complete bullshit. Cali claims to have seen him on Saturday during which time he was also in contact with Courtney. From what we know he's basically the last person to have seen Kurt too. Courtney then proceeds to hire Tom to search for Kurt, probably thinking he'd just be a pawn in her plan that she could manipulate.

My guess is that he was supposed to have found Kurt's body while he and Dylan were searching for the shotgun at the house. Dylan probably fucked up and didn't lead Tom to the green house, and of course Tom not being familiar with the home didn't know it was there. The electrician seems to have been Courtney's plan b. She wanted him found but in a way where he appeared to have killed himself and the story about him being "missing" was her way of trying to throw people off track from what really happened.

I believe Courtney thought Kurt was going to divorce her (which by accounts in the documentary he probably was) and she was worried that she wasn't going to get anything or very little. She wanted Kurt dead and either had Cali kill him or hired a hitman. Cali seems very well probable to me as he knew both Kurt and Courtney and Kurt probably would have trusted him. They probably shot up together but maybe Cali didn't take as much or any and once Kurt was out someone injected him with more, brought him up to the green house, shot him and staged the death to look like suicide. The thing about where the shotgun shell landed in relation to where it should have been if he had committed suicide doesn't make sense. Plus having three times a lethal dose of heroin in his system doesn't hold up regardless what his tolerance was.

End crazy conspiracy rant.
Old 06-18-15, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Naw, his legacy lasted a little over a decade, I don't think anybody really holds him or them in nearly the same regard that they were held a little while back.
is this a joke or are you being serious? I honestly can't tell, but Nirvana are still held in the same, if not higher regard than they were years ago.
Old 06-18-15, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts

Whoa, hell of a documentary. Presents a very strong argument that Courtney orchestrated Kurt's death. That Cali guy was probably the one who pulled the trigger.
Old 06-18-15, 11:48 PM

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Back, and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

Sorry, even if he was killed or committed suicide, why does anyone really care at this point? The guy is dead, and died before he had a chance to embarrass himself like everyone else from the grunge era of rock.

Regardless, any doc that comes out and presents things as "facts" can be as factual as ghosthunters. I haven't seen this, but I highly doubt Cobain didn't kill himself. Just because Courtney Love doesn't like this doc doesn't make her an accessory to murder. Sheesh.
Old 06-19-15, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe you should watch before making your post about our opinions on a matter you know little to nothing about from the evidence presented in the documentary.
Sorry, even if he was killed or committed suicide, why does anyone really care at this point? The guy is dead, and died before he had a chance to embarrass himself like everyone else from the grunge era of rock.
So who, in the grunge era, has embarrassed themselves?

Your entire post is laughable. It looks to me like you dont care either way so why post?
Old 06-19-15, 12:10 AM

Everyone except maybe Dave Grohl. The rest came out with subpar material.

It's just wishful thinking. The guy wrote a suicide note in his own handwriting. How does the doc explain that one?

Sorry, I'm not going to pay to watch some conspiracy theorist doc. Once this goes to Netflix, Amazon Prime, maybe.
Old 06-19-15, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brack View Post
So if a person was murdered and the person who orchestrated it got away with it the deceased deserves no justice? I'm not saying definitively that Courtney had him killed or not, but I find it very hard to believe by some of the things presented in this documentary that she didn't know more and misled people. Kurt's death isn't as cut and clear as some want to believe and the investigation into his death was handled very poorly.

Regardless, any doc that comes out and presents things as "facts" can be as factual as ghosthunters. I haven't seen this, but I highly doubt Cobain didn't kill himself. Just because Courtney Love doesn't like this doc doesn't make her an accessory to murder. Sheesh.
Maybe you should watch it and decide for yourself before just making blind assumptions.

It's just wishful thinking. The guy wrote a suicide note in his own handwriting. How does the doc explain that one?
That's been called into question many times over the years as to whether or not he even wrote the note. Some people believe someone else copied his handwriting. Also very conveniently there were no finger prints on the letter at all. That's virtually impossible unless the person writing it was wearing gloves which I don't see why he would have been if he wrote it before killing himself. Plus as has been pointed out as well other than the last few lines or so the note doesn't even read like a suicide note but more of him being sick of the music industry.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-19-15 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-19-15, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 309 Likes on 211 Posts

Back, and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

Glad to see idiocy is still alive and well here on dvdtalk.
Old 06-19-15, 12:27 AM

So someone very carefully wrote in his handwriting, with gloves on, about how he was sick of the music industry, and that somehow was misinterpreted as a suicide note? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm not making blind assumptions. These theories have been around since his death over twenty years ago. There's nothing new here.
Old 06-19-15, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Chadm View Post
Glad to see idiocy is still alive and well here on dvdtalk.
I know I stand out due to not wearing a tinfoil hat, my bad.
Old 06-19-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So someone very carefully wrote in his handwriting, with gloves on, about how he was sick of the music industry, and that somehow was misinterpreted as a suicide note? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
If you watched the documentary you'd know that there was what appeared to be a practice sheet of his handwriting found by Kurt and Courtney's lawyer. It isn't really that far fetched. If someone carefully planned to stage his death and make it look like a suicide it's very possible they'd go through with making sure the details were correct. As for the gloves that's an assumption on my part, but how else would one explain no fingerprints on a letter supposedly wrote by Kurt? It makes no sense that he magically wrote it without a finger touching the paper to leave a print. The handwriting on the note has been called into question pretty much since the beginning. Also if you read the note or hear it read it does sound more like a I'm quitting music/Nirvana note until the end. There's like four lines at the end where it turns into a suicide note.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.